Annihilation or Hurt?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert thank you for sharing.

This is something that is so good, and it gives me hope. Somewhere the scripture says believes all things and hopes all things, this is in my heart of hope, for Gods will to be done.

to all,
I understand that this just a topic, it is a topic that is perplexing and it begs for people to consider what they have naturally been taught from other people and consider what Gods will is, and his good pleasure it. It does sound horrifying for a person to have to face the LAKE OF FIRE in front of the Lord and his Angels, however it is for a purpose of curing, and bringing about the spiritual deadness of the person to life.

All people will be resurrected, to contempt/judgment and some to life.

There is a purpose in these things, and as believers we know we don’t have to worry about this but if your ever asked about the question what will you say?

“they burn and are tortured forever because this is Gods good will”?

One has to question themselves about it and it is a very small subject but something needs to be considered about even if people disagree with one May share it is between you and God and your heart of the matter that matters, to God. To me people can believe what they want, but May the truth win out.
God has condemned sin in the flesh, all that is left is evil in the heart. This means these meat suits we wear are all the same in His eyes,,,,, condemned rendered useless.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has condemned sin in the flesh, all that is left is evil in the heart. This means these meat suits we wear are all the same in His eyes,,,,, condemned rendered useless.
That is strange since God calls our bodies the TEMPLE of the LORD where He dwells in believers.

You can have your useless flesh meat box, I will go with the Temple of the Lord.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: dev553344

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is strange since God calls our bodies the TEMPLE of the LORD where He dwells in believers.

You can have your useless flesh meat box, I will go with the Temple of the Lord.
Yes, if He just saw us as flesh meat boxes, there wouldn't be Scripture about purifying ourselves.

Fasting
Being sober
Praying over food and drink before ingestion
Daniel only eating natural fruits and vegetables
Etc.

1 John 3:3

Reactions: ChristisGod

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Correct me if I am wrong and am miss understanding you brother,

That is why it is so important to come to God and be born from above.

I believe I understand what you mean, God shows no favoritism, all of us are the same, and are spiritually dead, until coming to the truth of God and the truth of the Lord Jesus Christ, and become spiritually alive again through rebirth.

I believe those who have their portion due to their lack of no desire to look towards God or Jesus Christ, will come to the truth, though it comes with a painful loss, though I do not know how souls experience hurt or pain like this flesh... thankful we lose it at death cause it can damaged and have pain, I just do not understand pain/hurt in a spiritual sense and according to Gods Good pleasure in which is a curative direction. I believe Jesus will have the ability to let those that go through this will be able to be let out, and perhaps given their spiritual body (Reward from God Himself though it may not be able to dwell in the kingdom with God)- Given by God, will dwell outside the Kingdom of the Heavenly Jerusalem.

Jesus is the way, the truth and life.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe I understand what you mean, God shows no favoritism, all of us are the same, and are spiritually dead, until coming to the truth of God and the truth of the Lord Jesus Christ, and become spiritually alive again through rebirth.

I believe those who have their portion due to their lack of no desire to look towards God or Jesus Christ, will come to the truth, though it comes with a painful loss, though I do not know how souls experience hurt or pain like this flesh... thankful we lose it at death cause it can damaged and have pain, I just do not understand pain/hurt in a spiritual sense and according to Gods Good pleasure in which is a curative direction. I believe Jesus will have the ability to let those that go through this will be able to be let out, and perhaps given their spiritual body (Reward from God Himself though it may not be able to dwell in the kingdom with God)- Given by God, will dwell outside the Kingdom of the Heavenly Jerusalem.

Had the flesh been profitable for anything He would not have crucified it. It’s pretty obvious all the miracles and healings profited no one. They were all still spiritualy dead.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Most Christians are still standing before God trying to present clean flesh. They’re not getting honest with Him.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

hope this helps !!!
LOL, I was thinking the same thing :)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Christians are still standing before God trying to present clean flesh. They’re not getting honest with Him.

You’re a smart guy, reading Galatians (all chapters today) our flesh doesn’t profit really anything, the only profit we gain to being made right with God is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, the flesh profits nothing, it all depends on what one desires to harvest for themselves as each individual reaps what they sow, be it to the flesh or be it by the spirit and abiding in Christ.

Jesus said in John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re a smart guy, reading Galatians (all chapters today) our flesh doesn’t profit really anything, the only profit we gain to being made right with God is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, the flesh profits nothing, it all depends on what desires to harvest for themselves as each individual reaps what they sow, be it to the flesh or be it by the spirit and abiding in Christ.

Jesus said in John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
We are supposed to be washed clean by the blood of the Christ (the Lamb of God). If you follow the old testament and practices of repentance then you start to understand being washed clean from our sins. The old testament is crucial in understanding the new testament.

1 John 1:7-9: “But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Devin,

Thank you for sharing, was just quoting what Jesus says about how the flesh profits nothing, what that means to me is that, the anger, wrath, malic, gossip, hatred, lust, sexual immorality profits nothing to the Kingdom of God, as these are all fleshly desires. When God, sent Jesus Christ, he was the example to follow, and he stated that the Flesh profits nothing. Paul mentions in Paul how the law is what leads us to Christ who fulfilled the Law, then you also have Jesus talking about abiding in Him (John 15). All people have a choice to reap what they sow (Galatians 6:7-9), that can be by feeding our fleshly nature, or it can be by feeding the Holy Spirit of God that lives with-in you, and also feeding the Spirit of Christ that lives with-in you and following Christ, and trusting in his strength to help you rather than our own 'flesh' by saying I can do it myself.

Also agree with the scripture you share, it is good to fellowship with others, be them believers, or non-believers, if we walk in the light as he is in the light you will be lead by the Spirit, and we must not become self-righteous which is to say we have no sin (even being haughty and believing one is better than others - from with-in the heart), we can confess our sins to God, and even share them with others if and when lead by the spirit. God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to help us be cleansed (being renewed in heart and mind by God working with-in you) from all unrighteousness (unrighteous intentions of the heart).

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Devin,

Thank you for sharing, was just quoting what Jesus says about how the flesh profits nothing, what that means to me is that, the anger, wrath, malic, gossip, hatred, lust, sexual immorality profits nothing to the Kingdom of God, as these are all fleshly desires. When God, sent Jesus Christ, he was the example to follow, and he stated that the Flesh profits nothing. Paul mentions in Paul how the law is what leads us to Christ who fulfilled the Law, then you also have Jesus talking about abiding in Him (John 15). All people have a choice to reap what they sow (Galatians 6:7-9), that can be by feeding our fleshly nature, or it can be by feeding the Holy Spirit of God that lives with-in you, and also feeding the Spirit of Christ that lives with-in you and following Christ, and trusting in his strength to help you rather than our own 'flesh' by saying I can do it myself.

Also agree with the scripture you share, it is good to fellowship with others, be them believers, or non-believers, if we walk in the light as he is in the light you will be lead by the Spirit, and we must not become self-righteous which is to say we have no sin (even being haughty and believing one is better than others - from with-in the heart), we can confess our sins to God, and even share them with others if and when lead by the spirit. God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to help us be cleansed (being renewed in heart and mind by God working with-in you) from all unrighteousness (unrighteous intentions of the heart).
Yes that sounds correct. I think it's important not to hate our bodies too as they are the temple of God. And if we follow the spirit of God our bodies can do much good here on earth. Following the teachings of the sheep and goats, much good can be done. Matthew 25:31-46.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is important to take care of your body, sure. I believe there is a difference between the intentions of our heart, and the taking care of oneself as far as their body. Even if there is a bum on the street who is dirty, or has shoes with holes in the toes, they shouldn't even be looked as trash. I am not sure that Matthew 25:31-46 has anything to do with what we are talking about though Devin, but you are right about how it is good to follow the Spirit.

Thank you for brining your concerns about "It is important to take care of our bodies".

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is important to take care of your body, sure. I believe there is a difference between the intentions of our heart, and the taking care of oneself as far as their body. Even if there is a bum on the street who is dirty, or has shoes with holes in the toes, they shouldn't even be looked as trash. I am not sure that Matthew 25:31-46 has anything to do with what we are talking about though Devin, but you are right about how it is good to follow the Spirit.

Thank you for brining your concerns about "It is important to take care of our bodies".
Oh OK. Well I referenced Matthew 25:31-46 as things we do with our bodies that make them important to God. There is also works meet for repentance that he desires also:

Matthew 3:8-10

King James Version

8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh OK. Well I referenced Matthew 25:31-46 as things we do with our bodies that make them important to God. There is also works meet for repentance that he desires also:

Matthew 3:8-10

King James Version

8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Hey Devin, you're also Ronald Nolette. Who else are you here?

What I mean is what other User Names do you post under?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anybody else notice the war over the bodies of man, the devil to possess them, and God to free them to inhabit them with the spirit of God? Seems important.

Matthew 12:24-29

24But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “This man casts out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons.”

25And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, “Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26“If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? 27“If I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? For this reason they will be your judges. 28“But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29“Or how can anyone enter the strong man’s house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me Devin, that was because Satan was running loose and so was the demons. Jesus said that the Prince who ruled the world (I believe to be Satan) was going to be cast out. To me it is important to consider the time frame, and also not exclude revelation. Revelation is so very important, but then again, so is reading some of the Old Testament and studying it with the Holy Spirit.

I personally believe now today due to the victory of Christ (which I digress), over all things he has cast out Satan and his demons, the false prophet (not to say there aren’t people today lead by their own desires to try to predict stuff) and the beast which was all cast away in the lake of fire forever.

It’s up to the individual and studying scripture and relying on the Holy Spirit, does Darkness still exist today? Yes still does, and do people tend to be lead by their own desires, now today it appears to be so according to James. Do we wrestle against flesh and blood? No, but we do wrestle around with dark forces that can reside in our heart (for example “spirit of greed”, “spirit of manipulation”, “spirit of hatred”, and the like, I believe these still exist today in our world which the armor of God is needed and being lead by the spirit to guard against from plaguing the heart completely in which The Word of God can push these dark things out by seeking and searching for the light of the world).

“Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me. Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also. These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:12-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If people believe Satan and demons are still running around, that is between them and God but I don’t anymore so I don’t have much to say on the topic other than what is noted above.

Thank you for asking Devin.