Annihilation or Hurt?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you ask?
Obviously because it'd be nice to know.

People like to know who they're talking to. We can't know 'who' we're talking to on these forums, but at least it's convenient to know if 5-10 of the Users here are actually the same person.

Don't ya think?

Reactions: ChristisGod

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

People like to know who they're talking to. We can't know 'who' we're talking to on these forums, but at least it's convenient to know if 5-10 of the Users here are actually the same person.

Don't ya think?
Bizarre Gen2Rev. Just bizarre.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Don't ya think?
Yes this is so true . I’m sure they can see who is who by ISP. On another forum there are several of us who have exchanged numbers , emails and even zoom or FT calls . In fact today I called someone on another forum on my way to work to discuss some things off line with him . And that other place you cannot open another account you get flagged and banned .

Reactions: dev553344

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes this is so true . I’m sure they can see who is who by ISP. On another forum there are several of us who have exchanged numbers , emails and even zoom or FT calls . In fact today I called someone on another forum on my way to work to discuss some things off line with him . And that other place you cannot open another account you get flagged and banned .
There are other ways to have multiple User Names on a chat forum.

IIII'm bettin' you know that. ;)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s up to the individual and studying scripture and relying on the Holy Spirit, does Darkness still exist today? Yes still does, and do people tend to be lead by their own desires, now today it appears to be so according to James. Do we wrestle against flesh and blood? No, but we do wrestle around with dark forces that can reside in our heart (for example “spirit of greed”, “spirit of manipulation”, “spirit of hatred”, and the like, I believe these still exist today in our world which the armor of God is needed and being lead by the spirit to guard against from plaguing the heart completely in which The Word of God can push these dark things out by seeking and searching for the light of the world).
Couldn’t agree more! Most will define spirits as being attached to others never seeing it in themselves, glad He has brought this too your attention. Now all that is left is too get before Him and get real honest.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe in eternal torture.
I do believe though that the second death is actually a second death.

I also wonder quite often about this verse: If you were blind, you wouldn’t be guilty,” Jesus replied. “But you remain guilty because you claim you can see.

It’s like it’s saying, if you can’t see, you aren’t guilty, but if you say you can see when you can’t, you are guilty.

I think about the verse a lot in these threads when I run across those who hop around in different threads officiously declaring what idiots we all are because scripture plainly says thus and thus. It’s like…I can see and you obviously can’t, you heretic. It makes me kind of queasy for them…

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he also shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, that hath been mingled unmixed in the cup of His anger, and he shall be tormented in fire and brimstone before the holy messengers, and before the Lamb,

That’s a sobering verse. The unmixed part. It means full wrath, not diluted, no mercy mixed in.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: and the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭14:9-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: and the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭14:9-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬[/QUOTE

Matthew 20:22-24 KJV
[22] But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. [23] And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. [24] And when the ten heard it, they were moved with indignation against the two brethren.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 5:1-2 KJV
[1] Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; [2] And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question is what is dying for those in the second death?

A question to ask is what was the first death? The first death was spiritual when Adam had been told by God that in the day that he ate of the tree he would surely die, but he did not die until 930 years later after being removed from the Garden.

Perhaps those who experience this second death, did by physically dying, but now are experiencing the death of their spiritual death, which brings forth spiritual life, God is said to give a spiritual body as it is good and pleasing to him, be it a Spiritual body of Damnation, or of Life.

Interesting also to note is that the early greek church "fathers" or writers in that day, had a total of three views, which was some said annihlationism, some said that the souls aren't annihlated but burn forever and ever, and then their was the Total Reconciliationist view, which talked about how the Fire that the people went through which was said to be in front of the Lamb and his angels. They seen it as a curative, and that the Fire (was made for the Devil and his angels forever, but for others they suffered a portion of this fire).

Really amazing things to learn about this case either way it goes and it shines a different light on what is normally taught.