Another Brick in the Wall

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
I know exactly why I abandoned Christianity; well all religions the world over. There's nothing in any faith that could change/fix/restore/save me. This is evident by how beliefs paint every one with the same brush (Eight Billion Beliefs Are Only Cause for Chaos) We've all become belief addict's, to escape the fear of what we don't know. Destroying each other so we can remain in our personal safe zones.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know exactly why I abandoned Christianity; well all religions the world over. There's nothing in any faith that could change/fix/restore/save me. This is evident by how beliefs paint every one with the same brush (Eight Billion Beliefs Are Only Cause for Chaos) We've all become belief addict's, to escape the fear of what we don't know. Destroying each other so we can remain our personal safe zones.
If you believe there is no hope, why are you even here to talk about it?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I know exactly why I abandoned Christianity; well all religions the world over. There's nothing in any faith that could change/fix/restore/save me. This is evident by how beliefs paint every one with the same brush (Eight Billion Beliefs Are Only Cause for Chaos) We've all become belief addict's, to escape the fear of what we don't know. Destroying each other so we can remain our personal safe zones.
What do you think the existance of so many beliefs proves? Have you noticed a theme to these beliefs? If their only purpose is to escape fear of the unknown, why is there diversity and new teachings that give different answers to old questions?

Reactions: Tone

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know exactly why I abandoned Christianity; well all religions the world over. There's nothing in any faith that could change/fix/restore/save me. This is evident by how beliefs paint every one with the same brush (Eight Billion Beliefs Are Only Cause for Chaos) We've all become belief addict's, to escape the fear of what we don't know. Destroying each other so we can remain in our personal safe zones.
Do you really believe that?

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sounds like science...a bunch of man-made mental constructs. Out of curiosity, which do you subscribe to? Or have you extricated yourself from them all and come up with your own?

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know exactly why I abandoned Christianity; well all religions the world over. There's nothing in any faith that could change/fix/restore/save me
Sorry but I remain unconvinced. You need to explain exactly why you left Christianity.
Other factors like the particular Church you attended. A falling out with a partner perhaps?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You can abandon religion all you like, or you can embrace religion, any religion or all religions, it won't make a difference to the world's future. Jesus is still coming back soon to take His people home. I don't call that a belief built on fear, but on hope. Forget about religion. It can't help you. You need to get to know Jesus.

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Sounds like science...a bunch of man-made mental constructs. Out of curiosity, which do you subscribe to? Or have you extricated yourself from them all and come up with your own?
I would say that at the moment I abide by nature.

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Sorry but I remain unconvinced. You need to explain exactly why you left Christianity.
Other factors like the particular Church you attended. A falling out with a partner perhaps?
I left Christianity the belief system behind, not Christianity the entertainment show it's become today behind.

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
You can abandon religion all you like, or you can embrace religion, any religion or all religions, it won't make a difference to the world's future. Jesus is still coming back soon to take His people home. I don't call that a belief built on fear, but on hope. Forget about religion. It can't help you. You need to get to know Jesus.
Why?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, as much as possible.
I see .... your belief is not to believe.
So then for you, nothing is true.... then how can you make any statements at all if you believe nothing and nothing is true? That cancels out everything you've stated. Hmmm.... very circular thinking. Like a loop, a trap where nothing makes sense.

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I left Christianity the belief system behind, not Christianity the entertainment show it's become today behind.
So you like the hyped up preachers and rock music that pervade many Christians Churches these days?
I find them superficial and manipulative.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because Jesus, the Son of God, is the Father's only provision for redemption. He, Jesus, is the only way, only truth, and only source of life.
Without Him there is no salvation.
John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.