Another Brick in the Wall

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
I'm sure you notice:
Most people pushing their issues on others
are projecting from their past experiences.

The more we forgive, the less we project.

I hope to see an end to both religious and political abuse and bullying when more people and groups figure this out!

I believe the whole internet and media will change how we use these when we forgive and make peace instead of project and make war.
What is forgiveness essentially?

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is forgiveness essentially?
It is letting go and/or resolving an issue that otherwise causes you to treat people in an unequal negative way.

To some people this means having compassion instead of anger toward someone or something you see as responsible for a problem.

To others it means being neutral and treating them like anyone else, objectively without prejudice or bias.

If you blame religions or beliefs for causing problems, then if you do not forgive the causes or the problems,
this creates a bias in your mind, perception and receptiveness to information
AGAINST certain people, ideas or sources.

If you forgive, then the more detached and objective you are, the more open you are to solutions and change instead of being closed off due to unresolved issues.

That is just my own approach.

The 17 steps of forgiveness and
Dangers of Unforgiveness can be researched online.

Since you think differently from other people @Looking4Me I recommend you come up with your own way, I don't think other ways of explaining forgiveness will work as well for you as your own system of letting go of negative perceptions and trying more constructive angles you find most effective

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
It is letting go and/or resolving an issue that otherwise causes you to treat people in an unequal negative way.

To some people this means having compassion instead of anger toward someone or something you see as responsible for a problem.

To others it means being neutral and treating them like anyone else, objectively without prejudice or bias.

If you blame religions or beliefs for causing problems, then if you do not forgive the causes or the problems,
this creates a bias in your mind, perception and receptiveness to information
AGAINST certain people, ideas or sources.

If you forgive, then the more detached and objective you are, the more open you are to solutions and change instead of being closed off due to unresolved issues.

That is just my own approach.

The 17 steps of forgiveness and
Dangers of Unforgiveness can be researched online.

Since you think differently from other people @Looking4Me I recommend you come up with your own way, I don't think other ways of explaining forgiveness will work as well for you as your own system of letting go of negative perceptions and trying more constructive angles you find most effective
I'll tell you, that if our race does not stop their belief habits, there will be no one left alive to forgive anyone.

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll tell you, that if our race does not stop their belief habits, there will be no one left alive to forgive anyone.
That is where faith comes in @Looking4Me
Those who believe this mess has an end, only the good and truth can prevail,
while the false and fear based cannot sustain but goes in circles exhaustively,
Can focus on the positive progress
Despite the negative setbacks.

Even here, you have some faith that allows you to go on seeking betterment.

If you truly lost all faith, you would be even more consumed and overwhelmed
and unable to focus at all.

Part of your brain or conscience
seeks something higher than the
endless loops we see going on.

That part if your mind is what Buddhists
call mindfulness.

Keep focusing there, and the right ideas will develop and reveal themselves.

Don't clog this channel with any negative obstructive thoughts, and you can receive higher truth and understanding above the fray.

Christians call this thinking on what is good and right, not dwelling on what is wrong or celebrating iniquity.

To love God with all our hearts MINDS and souls includes purifying our minds by agreeing to let go of negative attachments and obstructions as false security to hide behind.

Letting go of negatives we have seen from the past means making room in our minds to see positive solutions in the future.

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
That is where faith comes in @Looking4Me
Those who believe this mess has an end, only the good and truth can prevail,
while the false and fear based cannot sustain but goes in circles exhaustively,
Can focus on the positive progress
Despite the negative setbacks.

Even here, you have some faith that allows you to go on seeking betterment.

If you truly lost all faith, you would be even more consumed and overwhelmed
and unable to focus at all.

Part of your brain or conscience
seeks something higher than the
endless loops we see going on.

That part if your mind is what Buddhists
call mindfulness.

Keep focusing there, and the right ideas will develop and reveal themselves.

Don't clog this channel with any negative obstructive thoughts, and you can receive higher truth and understanding above the fray.

Christians call this thinking on what is good and right, not dwelling on what is wrong or celebrating iniquity.

To love God with all our hearts MINDS and souls includes purifying our minds by agreeing to let go of negative attachments and obstructions as false security to hide behind.

Letting go of negatives we have seen from the past means making room in our minds to see positive solutions in the future.
Kill these people too.

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kill these people too.
@Looking4Me
Whatever you wish for others comes back to you.

The only killing in Buddhism is to kill the idols in your mind, even "killing the Buddha". (There is a whole website on killingthebuddha dedicated to overcoming false beliefs if this helps free your mind and lend you peace and focus)

If you want others to kill their beliefs,
then focus there not killing people literally.

In Christian terms, we will end up
"Hating" or "separating from" our families
and loved ones. We will "kill off" attached relationships, which is stronger than physical killing which still leaves attachments.

To be free from beliefs means to kill the attached conditions in our minds.

Whether you call thi sin, ego or human selfishness or delusion.

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know exactly why I abandoned Christianity; well all religions the world over. There's nothing in any faith that could change/fix/restore/save me. This is evident by how beliefs paint every one with the same brush (Eight Billion Beliefs Are Only Cause for Chaos) We've all become belief addict's, to escape the fear of what we don't know. Destroying each other so we can remain in our personal safe zones.
Yes, no attachment to religious beliefs, conditions or rituals is going to save anyone.
Those are just tools to use in the process.

The faith in the process of spiritual truth justice and peace comes first.

All the rest of the expression and steps of that process follow.

Not the other way around @Looking4Me

All people and leaders, including Jesus and Buddha, had to come to the same realization and let go or empty themselves, separate detach or "hate" material thinking and perceptions before the mind can receive universal truth wisdom and understanding that surpasses manmade systems and traditions.

What you are experiencing is a natural and necessary step, whether you call it the path of enlightenment or process of understanding salvation.

Keep moving forward, forgive and resolve or let go of any barriers telling you you cannot be at peace with all the other conflicts going on simultaneously. When you truly are at peace with fully informed awareness, all issues can be worked out. So keep plowing through this process and the truth will resolve any conflicts or obstructions you confront along the way.

NOTE in preferring secular not religious approaches to truth, you more likely relate to secular gentiles and natural laws. The ways of expressing this process in secular nonreligious terms can be found in Buddhist and Constitutional teachings which lead to the same realization of Peace and Justice which Jesus and the Holy Spirit represent and fulfill. You might relate to Restorative Justice or Unitarian Universalist principles for explaining the process of Justice and Peace without religious symbolism. Look up the 7 UU principles and see if you relate. Or the 8 fold path in Buddhism to liberate your mind from attachment to false desires delusion or material conditions that cloud the truth.

Christ Jesus still means the Universal message of Restorative Justice or Peace and Justice for all humanity. But your ways of expressing and experiencing this process may be secular. It is the same process as represented in the Bible and Christian teachings. But the words and ways you use follow that process. None of these outward expressions or practices save us from suffering and struggles in life that are universal, but these are tools we use to communicate with others of like mind and understanding so we can help each other as neighbors to navigate, prevent or solve problems as effectively as possible.

Please do not be discouraged.

All people especially visionaries have to meet with dead ends and give up before finding better ways and solutions.

You are like Edison having to give up all the ways that failed to make the lightbulb work before finding the right solution.

Enjoy your discovery process and dig deeply until you find the answers that satisfy your questions.

When you eliminate all the wrong answers, the right solutions bring you peace and open the door as Buddha and Jesus had to let go and let the Truth come to them. Not the other way around.

Last edited: