Another Brick in the Wall

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you say that!? Alright you got me, I'm trolling. Would you like me to troll fast? Or troll slow?

if we're going fishing i'm not sure it counts as trolling past a certain speed...?

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Looking4Me i got one of the lizards in my backyard today ((ha! Proverbs 30:28))

i don't think they're stinky. anoles & skinks. skinky, yes - smelly, not so much?
also i met a bearded dragon yesterday in the park, named Terrence. he was very mild mannered -- what kind were you after?

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Dear @Looking4Me
Brings peace of mind so you don't drive yourself crazy.
When you pick things apart, humans are irredeemable, mucked up beyond repair.
There is no hope we can help ourselves get over ourselves.

I think you see this, there is really no rational way to justify human beliefs.

But free grace means we don't waste our minds time energy or life holding the past against ourselves or others.
We can acknowledge it is messed up,
but still enjoy today and what good we can make of what we have.

My friend Ray a proud funny atheist continued teaching the key of forgiveness as "cheap grace" in life that just naturally is, long after he gave up Christianity.
Nothing stops you from changing and doing or thinking something different today if you didn't like what you were doing before.

He called it not keeping inventory on yourself or you go nuts.
Worse, if you cannot do that but try keeping inventory on others, you really will be miserable and mad all the time.

He kindly pleaded with people: please don't do that to yourself. Please forgive so you don't make yourself crazy, for your own sanity sake!

He had counseled people after murder, whether the survivors or the offenders.
He told me he had worked with people considered monsters, who raped and killed anyone from grandmothers to babies and were deemed worthless inhumans to society.
But each one facing life in prison or the death penalty had time to spend.
They could either stay miserable
Or they could focus on the gift of life and humanity.

He helped a lot of people forgive and let go. Even though as an atheist he called it free grace

It still worked the same way for the Christian as the Buddhist.

I think he had an advantage, being brought up Christian as a Baptist until age 19 when he realized he was secular nontheist.

The prayers to God through Jesus were not his way.

But he found his calling reaching the really lost in prisons nobody else could reach.
I still see his message as a neighbor in Christ.

It is still God's love and redeeming grace through Christ, by any other name.
It is universal. The gift of forgiveness
is the one thing that breaks the cycle of suffering.

Or the human mind would never let go
but forever stew in its own misery.
Why do you keep pushing the forgiveness topic?

Reactions: Emily Nghiem

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
@Looking4Me i got one of the lizards in my backyard today ((ha! Proverbs 30:28))

i don't think they're stinky. anoles & skinks. skinky, yes - smelly, not so much?
also i met a bearded dragon yesterday in the park, named Terrence. he was very mild mannered -- what kind were you after?
Actually I was ripping off a Futurama moment.

Reactions: post

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you keep pushing the forgiveness topic?
I'm sure you notice:
Most people pushing their issues on others
are projecting from their past experiences.

The more we forgive, the less we project.

I hope to see an end to both religious and political abuse and bullying when more people and groups figure this out!

I believe the whole internet and media will change how we use these when we forgive and make peace instead of project and make war.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying 3 things together is no kind of proclamation of the trinity by other words. The 1C uses singular pronoun, which is no kind of 3. By contrast, many times Scripture explicitly says God is One alone and there is no other. Again, this is no kind of 3.

I, the Eternal One, am your God and there is no other.
Joel 2:2

Again, saying 3 things together does not make them God. 3 witnesses are not 1 witness.

God is not 3 when you want and 3 when you want. Revelations talks about the 7 Spirits of God. Does that make God 7 or 9? Neither. There is only one God, Jesus’ God. NOTE: Below does not state Jesus is part of the one true God. Nor does it say the Holy Spirit is part of the one true God. It states the Father is the one true God.

John 17:1,3
Complete Jewish Bible

Father ... And eternal life is this: to know you, the one true God, and him whom you sent, Yeshua the Messiah.

Think again. The Fruit of the Spirit is Peace - not tolerating endless dissension. What does Scripture say about those who cause dissension?

Warn troublemakers once or twice. Then don’t have anything else to do with them.
Titus 3:10 (CEV)

Big difference from anyone stirring up dissension as a troublemaker, and contending for the faith.

Reactions: post

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure you notice:
Most people pushing their issues on others
are projecting from their past experiences.

The more we forgive, the less we project.

I hope to see an end to both religious and political abuse and bullying when more people and groups figure this out!

I believe the whole internet and media will change how we use these when we forgive and make peace instead of project and make war.

You mentioned Jesus playing three roles.

I reject modalist doctrine, which has Jesus praying to Himself, forsaking himself on the cross, then asking Himself why he was forsaken, and taking a scroll from himself in Revelation, and more.

The modalist Jesus on the cross: myself, myself, why have I forsaken me?

Modalist Jesus praying to Himself in the garden: myself, please take this cup of suffering from me, but not my will, but my will, be done.

Shalom.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The modalist Jesus on the cross: myself, myself, why have I forsaken me?

Psalm 22 is a song with a name. It's called 'the hind of the morning'
Jesus is not the hind. It's Israel. Read the whole thing. He sings the beginning of their part of the duet, and every Jew there knew it. They are thinking God has forsaken them, even while there is God, laying down His own life, saving them. At the end of the song it becomes clear that they were never forsaken.

Reactions: Emily Nghiem

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wrangler
SEE previous msg
I think you and I are getting closer to pinpointing where the conflict is coming

GOD as Creator is infinite
These other manifestations that humans can perceive and represent are finite

We need a better way to clarify
Different contexts

I agree with you that God and Jesus in different contexts are not the same

Jesus is God also has 3 different interpretations.

So they have to match the context.
I will work with you to spell out them out,
Which may better explain the three manifestions of God as
*which contexts mean God the Creator or Father
* which mean the Law/Justice or Word or Authority of God as Lord through Jesus
* which contexts mean the Holy Spirit of God's Love spirit of truth or peace through humanity

Very interesting

Since you have discernment in this, we can work on wording and explaining it where it is consistent to you. Then if post or others agree it sounds consistent to them,
we will have pinpointed where the problem
is coming from.

Both would say: But that is what I meant and was saying in the first place!

But we will explain why it looked like you were saying something conflicting
And THAT was where the objections were coming from

Let's work on this!
Dear @Curtis
Is this where you got the idea
of Jesus playing 3 different roles?

I understand
God the Father/Creator
Christ Jesus the Son or Word of God
as God's Universal Autnority of Law and Justice
The Holy Spirit.

I also understand
Jesus is really Yeshua meaning Salvation
Jesus as Justice relates to Laws of man and God
Jesus as Mediator between man and God

The Holy Spirit can mean
Mercy forgiveness grace of God
Spirit of Truth
Peace and Comfort

However as for God manifesting as
the Father
the Son
Holy Spirit
No, I do not see this as Jesus
in these roles at the same time
like Jesus praying to Jesus?
No, I understand the Son praying to the Father

What I meant by 3 ways to interpret Jesus as God
1. Jesus and God being the same thing
with "no difference" between them
2. Jesus being the Word the Son or the Authority of Law/Justice of God
not the same as God the Father
3. And the Oneness meaning one in spirit and accord

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 22 is a song with a name. It's called 'the hind of the morning'
Jesus is not the hind. It's Israel. Read the whole thing. He sings the beginning of their part of the duet, and every Jew there knew it. They are thinking God has forsaken them, even while there is God, laying down His own life, saving them. At the end of the song it becomes clear that they were never forsaken.
And they try to make Isaiah 53:4-6 about Israel, too - when clearly it’s not.

Looking at the Psalm it’s clear that such statements as, all my bones are out of joint, don’t apply to the nation of Israel.

Here’s the verses that absolutely apply to Jesusvin the cross:

Psa 22:7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,

Psa 22:8 He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

Psa 22:14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

Psa 22:15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

Psa 22:16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

Psa 22:17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

Psa 22:18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

And both Paul and John quoted Psalm 22 as applying to Jesus on the cross.

Last edited: