Another Brick in the Wall

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have learnt to live without forming beliefs about things I fear. I fear only the thing's I do not know, or understand. Society is stranger now than it was when I thought believing was paramount.
Fear biases perception and causes negative influence on beliefs.
I think this is what you were questioning, the nature of beliefs and how can we attain objectivity or neutrality to detach from beliefs.

Buddhists call this detaching or letting go.
Christians recognize it as forgiving issues fears or conflicts from the past that attach bias.

Every person I know uses a combination of checking both the mind using a form of meditation and the heart or emotions by using prayer to forgive let go and receive wisdom and clear understanding.

If you have
* fear of the unknown, distrust
* fear of change, authority or control of outside or competing influences
* fear of comflict or confrontation

These fears can hinder, bias, and disadvantage you.

It is good to be aware of where and why you have fears and take issues. But these should be resolved, not attached to as barriers for protection, or you limit and bias your information and objective decisions.

Knowledge and understanding empowers you to overcome not hide behind fears forever.

It is normal to prioritize and take one step or stage at a time. Fear or resistance to change or unknowns is normal, especially if you are overcoming abuse or injustice that has harmed stressed or wounded you, the barriee serves as a "scab" to protect the wounded areas until any infection or cause can be cleaned out to heal that wound.

Meditation helps you identify the depth and causes. Prayer for forgiveness cleans out the negative toxic attachments infected the injured areas. And both help you clear your mind and heart to be receptive and objective.

This is an ongoing process.

I recommend both meditation and prayer, in whatever form or combination works for you. Even sharing on here is a form of both, talking and saying what you think and where you are, and stopping to receive ideas back.

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No belief is the same as any other. So, there will always be division, and war between those who love to believe.
Differences in beliefs do not need to become divisive or competitive to dominate.

Forgiving and accepting differences as useful helps take off the negative fear edge or stress.

You are right of course each person and path is unique.

I use the analogy of the orchestra: instruments do not play the same music or key. They cannot play each other's music or it does not work. Harmony comes from each person playing their part well, in tune in time and in harmony with others, for the symphony to come together as designed.

Life is like that symphony and we are diverse instruments, looking for our section or which part do we play. If something sounds foreign that is for some other instrument or section. Doesn't make it wrong.

We are just looking for where we fit in, what does my role look like, and how to play it right where it complements or aligns with the bigger picture and works best, for both the individual, the community section, and the greater whole.

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just woke up in the last hour nestled between a shop front and a long shrub. You know how the experts say "You can't sleep on solid concrete" Umm yeah? You actually can. I prefer to live outside now, because it's healthier.
You must not live in Houston.
Not safe to sleep outside, in a car, etc.

There are tent cities under a downtown underpass where regulars meet and volunteers bring food and check on neighbors.

Hermann Park has a condition in the agreement to donate the land that anyone should be allowed to sleep or stay there but that isn't enforced.

Last time Occupy volunteers camped in a public park, I tried to migrate them over to church or nonprofit property before the city intervened to remove them due to taxpayer cost and liabilities.

Is there a Unitarian Universalist group near you? That approach is secular and close to the neutral objective process in Buddhism.

How are you getting phone or internet access?

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Differences in beliefs do not need to become divisive or competitive to dominate.

Forgiving and accepting differences as useful helps take off the negative fear edge or stress.

You are right of course each person and path is unique.

I use the analogy of the orchestra: instruments do not play the same music or key. They cannot play each other's music or it does not work. Harmony comes from each person playing their part well, in tune in time and in harmony with others, for the symphony to come together as designed.

Life is like that symphony and we are diverse instruments, looking for our section or which part do we play. If something sounds foreign that is for some other instrument or section. Doesn't make it wrong.

We are just looking for where we fit in, what does my role look like, and how to play it right where it complements or aligns with the bigger picture and works best, for both the individual, the community section, and the greater whole.
I disagree with your analysis.

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
You must not live in Houston.
Not safe to sleep outside, in a car, etc.

There are tent cities under a downtown underpass where regulars meet and volunteers bring food and check on neighbors.

Hermann Park has a condition in the agreement to donate the land that anyone should be allowed to sleep or stay there but that isn't enforced.

Last time Occupy volunteers camped in a public park, I tried to migrate them over to church or nonprofit property before the city intervened to remove them due to taxpayer cost and liabilities.

Is there a Unitarian Universalist group near you? That approach is secular and close to the neutral objective process in Buddhism.

How are you getting phone or internet access?
I don't live in America. Yes at times I do go to Church (At night time to sleep) So long as the owners don't discover this fact.

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know exactly why I abandoned Christianity; well all religions the world over. There's nothing in any faith that could change/fix/restore/save me. This is evident by how beliefs paint every one with the same brush (Eight Billion Beliefs Are Only Cause for Chaos) We've all become belief addict's, to escape the fear of what we don't know. Destroying each other so we can remain in our personal safe zones.

Having a relationship with Jesus Christ is not a religion you don't have to go to church but it certainly helps when you find the right people, seek who Jesus Christ is in his teachings with all your heart brother and you will get peace and you'll be free.

Reactions: post

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Having a relationship with Jesus Christ is not a religion you don't have to go to church but it certainly helps when you find the right people, seek who Jesus Christ is in his teachings with all your heart brother and you will get peace and you'll be free.
I thought Jesus said "I call you friends" Is that correct?

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
John 15:15 NIV
I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just woke up in the last hour nestled between a shop front and a long shrub. You know how the experts say "You can't sleep on solid concrete" Umm yeah? You actually can. I prefer to live outside now, because it's healthier.

Healthier can be subjective. Many people are breathing smog, trespassing (without permission) on other people's property, neither buy, or have access to clean water or bathroom / shower facilities...
Trespassing is wrong. And filth does not garner health.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

Correct. Jesus accounts certain men FRIENDS, "who" have laid down their Life for Him.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It always gets hokey when men try to Explain God as a mathematical equasion.

of course.
but God did create math -- and it needed to be pointed out that, for example throughout the old testament there are three that are called God, treated as God and speak as God:
  • the LORD ((ex. Deuteronomy 6:4))
  • The Angel of the LORD ((ex. Exodus 3))
  • and The Spirit of the LORD / Word of the LORD ((ex. Ezekiel 11:5))
and there is no question that there is only one God. yet God Himself says things like "Let Us make man" -- even in Genesis 1:1, God is a plural word, yet created is a singular verb. the nature of God is unsearchable, beyond our understanding, and a great mystery -- but we know because we believe His word, that the Word is God, that the Son is God, that the Father is God, that the Spirit is God: and God is One, and there is no other.

so introducing a unit cube, which has volume = 1 and exists in 3 dimensions, is to drive home the point that there exists more than one simple algebraic measure, so that we shouldn't idiotically presume there is only one way to 'add' things, and that we as mortals cannot measure God -- we're idiots if we are thinking Father + Son + Spirit = 3. that's utterly stupid & rejects piles and piles of scripture, just as it's absolute rubbish to go around saying the Spirit of God isn't God and the Son of God isn't God. it likewise rejects piles and piles and piles of scripture. God is unsearchable; He is not like us -- we are created in a faint image of Him and we don't even understand our own ways; what vanity to think a man can measure God!

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He who is chief of all is servant to all.
Jesus as Lord of all is servant to all.
When we agree to live by truth and justice for peace for all humanity, then we submit one to another and serve/help each other as equal neighbors.

We treat each other as we want others to treat us

For Jesus to be a friend to all,
Then we are friend to each other never willing harm or negative on each other.

Friends forgive and correct things between us to keep good faith working relations.

James 5:16 confessing faults to one another and praying for each other to be healed

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Healthier can be subjective. Many people are breathing smog, trespassing (without permission) on other people's property, neither buy, or have access to clean water or bathroom / shower facilities...
Trespassing is wrong. And filth does not garner health.
That's a fault with the commercialized world we live in. When a large group of human beings live for luxury and excess, environmental fallout will ensue.

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with your analysis.
If you look into forgiveness studies,
these show correlation with better mental and physical health and recovery.

Unforgiveness and resentment correlates with stress and impairment on health.

Fear also. There is healthy fear
but chronic fear stress and anxiety releases chemicals and hormones with unhealthy effects.

Science shows and explains this.

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Correct. Jesus accounts certain men FRIENDS, "who" have laid down their Life for Him.
How noble. Do you really think that most believers these day's would give their life for Jesus. John didn't when asked if he was with Jesus.

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
If you look into forgiveness studies,
these show correlation with better mental and physical health and recovery.

Unforgiveness and resentment correlates with stress and impairment on health.

Fear also. There is healthy fear
but chronic fear stress and anxiety releases chemicals and hormones with unhealthy effects.

Science shows and explains this.
Where does science show this.

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a fault with the commercialized world we live in. When a large group of human beings live for luxury and excess, environmental fallout will ensue.
Yes and No.
Scarcity mentality based on fear of competition for resources perpetuates the disparity in ability to change equally.

Abundance mentality supports cooperative economy that empowers people as equal comtributors.

Einstein was in the minority compared with vast numbers who were teaching the old ways.
Buddha did not use corporate collective resources to have influence.

Any collective problem or solution comes from individuals just like us.

There is more good going on.
We unite on that, we have just as much ability as others.

In fact, good ideas which are sustainable have more influence and impact than bad things which we cannot afford to perpetuate.

If there is any competition, the good has greater influence over the bad that is not sustainable. It wastes energy effort and resources, while the good things reward and replicate themselves.

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does science show this.
Studies on forgiveness and health.
Templeton foundation funded a medical controlled study of a specific team method of this approach to healing Rheumatoid Arthritis that was published before 1999.

But their rep I asked about this said there were already tons of studies that well established this connection between forgiveness and healing.

One author/therapist wrote a book on Forgive for Good about the difference between victim and hero mentality.

An Austin counselor I use to refer before the pandemic cut off our contact, did scientific research into the galvanic and hormone/chemical fight or flight response that was not healthy for longterm exposure on the mind and body.

Studies on cancer patients and recovery process also showed a correlation.

I would like to see more comprehensive medical studies R&D and not just scattered knowledge of this.

But it is being forced into public dialogue and awareness because of abusive malpractice versus real effective and natural/voluntary healing through deep forgiveness and generational therapy to break past patterns of abuse and oppression.

Some sources I recommend for medical R&D
Are Dr. Phillip Goldfedder "Healing is Yours" Author and neurosurgeon
Dr. Francis (deceased) and Judith MacNutt, Christian Healing Ministry in FL

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
He who is chief of all is servant to all.
Jesus as Lord of all is servant to all.
When we agree to live by truth and justice for peace for all humanity, then we submit one to another and serve/help each other as equal neighbors.

We treat each other as we want others to treat us

For Jesus to be a friend to all,
Then we are friend to each other never willing harm or negative on each other.

Friends forgive and correct things between us to keep good faith working relations.

James 5:16 confessing faults to one another and praying for each other to be healed
It's the believer's who are causing all the trouble in the world. Because anyone else outside their personal beliefs must accept what they believe, or be conquered.

Reactions: Waiting on him