Another Brick in the Wall

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I put my trust in God, not out of knowledge but out of faith and obedience. Try an experiment. Obey for 30 days, reading his Word diligently. It changed my life.

BINGO!
* Problems?
Everyone (rich/ poor, male/female, famous/ unknown, connected/ lonely, healthy/not, educated/ not ) has problems;
...and desires for quick solutions.

* Millions...OF;
Philosophies, ideas, pitches, marketing, opinions, gadgets, educators;
...are 24-7 buzzing with solutions. (For an ongoing fee/ to their pocket);

* Side note... (if an ongoing fee is in the "fine" print, (for a wonder solution), the problem is never resolved.

* Gods "solution"
...has never changed
...does not require fees
...is offered to Everyone
...is by His Works, His Effort, His Power
...merely REQUIRES a mans EARS to Hear...HIS WORD.

* Side note...(ears to hear?)
My own daughter is profoundly deaf. Ears do not function for hearing. Her "hearing" is via suitable other means. Pictures, Sight, signing, reading, etc.

* Gods "solution"
... HEAR His WORD
That IS Gods "solution" inanutshell.

*Side note...
...no mention of buying anything or ongoing fees
...no mention of requiring one to analyze, figure out the understanding, establishing conclusions with ones mind WHAT Knowledge, they Are Hearing.

* Gods "solution"
IS Hearing.
* Gods "solution"
IS FOR a man "HEARiNG"... God Himself;
...PAYS the PRICE, once and forever
...DOES ALL the WORKS
...FREELY GIVES the man ALL the BENEFITS

* WHAT ARE these FREELY God given Benefits?
...FAITH, Blessings "realized", Relief, Comfort, Promises to become "realized";
... His Continued Knowledge
... His Understanding of His Knowledge
... His Power WITH you, and IN you.
... FOREVER LIFE WITH Him...
...... VOID, of ALL negative, bad, evil, wickedness, problems, pains, unpleasantness, sorrows.

So the lingering QUESTION IS WHY?
WHY would God offer to make ALL the Effort, DO ALL the WORKS for a man, PAY the price for a man, Freely Give a man ALL the Benefits?
IN BRIEF...WHY? WHAT? does God Himself get in RETURN ?

THE EXACT same "THING" God promises to a MAN. And THAT (WHAT) THING...
IS a THING, called, "AN INHERITANCE".
* An inheritance, IS something one is given to have and to hold FOREVER as their own.

The precise "inheritance" a man IS given;
IS LAND..."and God Himself"...
The Earth IS 'dry land'.
* Men have been "confiscating, claiming and buying" Land for centuries.
Via, confiscating, claiming, buying and waters have divided the present LANDS for centuries.
* Waters shall subside, Greater Land masses revealed, and every man WITH God, shall receive his inheritance.

And Gods precise "inheritance"?
"ALL People WITH Him", and He exclusively BE their Lord God Almighty.

* THAT'S the whole ball of wax Inanutshell...
A man can (by his own power) plan, arrange, work, risk, invest, hope for fruitful dividends, receive a "monetary inheritance"... and hope he can keep it.
OR
A man can (by Gods power) accept Gods plan, arranging, work, investing, dividing, and receive a Forever Life of Absolute Perfection.

FREE-WILL is awesome.
Any man can BY his own FREEWILL, TRY to arrange his OWN "inheritance"... or Freely Choose to BE Gods "inheritance", and Land and God Be mans "inheritance" to Forever have and to hold.

Nearly 300 times (OT & NT) inheritance is mentioned. A great study to delve into with due diligence.
* People wandering, teedering, vacillating, wondering, WHAT is the point of the BIG PICTURE from this current natural Life "on Earth", (with man in charge and Satans influences);
To A MADE new Earth, with a Holy God solely in charge with men MADE holy perfected beings... Good, Wholly, Whole, Holy Life Forever

Nothing new. Freewill prevails with Every man. Every man can "exercise" his own Free-WILL.
No games, teedering, fence sitting.

Joshua 24:
[15] And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve;

Matt 12
[30] He that is not with me is against me...
Luke 11
[23] He that is not with me is against me...

Praise and Glory to our Great Lord God Almighty, Creator and MAKER of all things.

Taken

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the lingering QUESTION IS WHY?
WHY would God offer to make ALL the Effort, DO ALL the WORKS for a man

This is not true and one of the biggest mistakes evangelists make. The price to pay, the work man must do is slay the biggest IDOL in the world, their own ego. Humans tend to aspire to Godhood. Humbling oneself to the Will of God is the ultimate internal work that must be done - and there is no substitute.

Do not rely on your own understanding. Submit to God in all things. THEN, he will make straight your ways. It cannot be clearer; @Looking4Me seems to have utterly failed to comply with Proverbs 3:5-6. He demands God alter his process flow, provide evidence of straighter paths and a better life and then Looking4Me might be willing to submit despite his lack of understanding.

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not true and one of the biggest mistakes evangelists make. The price to pay, the work man must do is slay the biggest IDOL in the world, their own ego. Humans tend to aspire to Godhood. Humbling oneself to the Will of God is the ultimate internal work that must be done - and there is no substitute.

Do not rely on your own understanding. Submit to God in all things. THEN, he will make straight your ways. It cannot be clearer; @Looking4Me seems to have utterly failed to comply with Proverbs 3:5-6. He demands God alter his process flow, provide evidence of straighter paths and a better life and then Looking4Me might be willing to submit despite his lack of understanding.
All of you @Wrangler @Taken @Looking4Me are expressing parts of this same process of receiving and revealing God's/Universal Truth and Wisdom. These are NOT in conflict:
1. @Taken is basically saying "God has already won the Victory (in Christ)" where by aligning ourselves in receiving God's perfect will, this position is already designed to win by being the supreme greatest good for all. Whatever is the ideal/best outcome is by definition the meaning of God's will.

What I would add to this is it takes Forgiveness of past obstructions in order to receive these greater blessings and understanding of the future. And claim them in the present.

2. @Wrangler is saying this from what it takes from our side. Again, overcoming EGO is another way of explaining overcoming selfishness and sin. Forgiveness, repentance, humility, acceptance of our imperfections and limits, admitting our biases and weaknesses. When we agree to forgive ourselves and others, we "let this go" and we let God/God's truth and will in and receive more fully the more we forgive and let go.

3. @Looking4Me is in the process of learning to let go. When Jesus walked alone through the Desert, He went through this phase. When Buddha gave up striving from his own efforts trying to induce or form a path to truth, only when he sat still and EMPTIED his mind of all past expectation and preconceived notions, did Universal Truth and Wisdom come to him which he recognized because it brought him PEACE. The Kingdom of God.

@Looking4Me is struggling to slay the ego, and eliminate all negative thoughts among the possible options.

The key to letting go is to forgive the negative and receive the positive.

If it causes fear, stress, negative judgment instead of positive correction, then keep forgiving and letting go until you find peace and victory in seeing liberating truth that is unconditionally good where it is its own reward.

Love is sufficient unto Love.
Real truth is self existent.

You are all talking about the same process it takes to realize Universal Truth as the Kingdom of God, by any other name.

Reactions: Taken and Wrangler

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Well, Be that as it may, I was Spirit lead to present that particular verse for your consideration and meditation.

If I may, your posts seem nihilistic. You've asked question and have been given specific answers. It's time to separate mere belief from those with faith - that is, those who act on what they claim to believe.

I put my trust in God, not out of knowledge but out of faith and obedience. Try an experiment. Obey for 30 days, reading his Word diligently. It changed my life.

How can I of my own volition submit to a God who does not accept any human works. Even the freewill choice of believing in God will render null and void his contract of the gift of salvation.

Reactions: Emily Nghiem

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can somewhat agree with you. Men do love to extend that arm for backpatting. More than ego, I tend to think insecurities play a part.
Yet still, I'll stick with God does the Works.

Glory to God,
Taken

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Titus 1:15-16

you're grievously wounded;
drink this:

But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
(Titus 3:4-7)

I, I, the LORD, and besides Me no Savior!
(Isaiah 43:11)​

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not every thread is about your hideous doctrine that 1 = 3.

you need food; you'll die:

But of the Son he says,
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever"

(Hebrews 1:8)​

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hideous doctrine

you will die without water, friend

Behold!
The virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel!
which means, God with us!

(Matthew 1:23)​

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Do you humans even know why you are constantly bickering about your beliefs? Because you think you need them to quell the fear of the unknown.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you humans even know why you are constantly bickering about your beliefs? Because you think you need them to quell the fear of the unknown.

no.
i'm not afraid of having imperfect knowledge.

but i think you are; you keep bringing it up.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not every thread

He is my everything, my Husband.
you are lost without Him. you, and Mssr. Looking will die in your sins if you do not believe Him.
what else could possibly matter?

The Jews answered Him, saying,
'For a good work we do not stone Thee, but for evil speaking,
and because Thou, being a man, dost make Thyself God.'

(John 10:33 Young's Literal)
yes, every thread!
Mssr. Looking will not be 'found' by becoming a disciple of blasphemy, but by believing the Truth. you can only hurt him.

Last edited:

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can I of my own volition submit to a God who does not accept any human works. Even the freewill choice of believing in God will render null and void his contract of the gift of salvation.
This does not mean works do not matter at all.

Think of it as how a parent loves a child.
Or a teacher mentors a student.

It matters what you do, but that is not a CONDITION in order to be loved.

There is ROOM to be imperfect, even make dreadful mistakes while learning to make decisions and discipline oneself independently.

If a student had to be perfect to stay in school and graduate, if you were judged solely on appearance of following rules and doing everything perfectly, not only would everyone flunk but we would be miserable.

That is what life is like when we judge by appearances. It gets to be like clique clubs in high school, who's in and who's out. Who gets away with breaking rules because of who your Daddy is compared with someone else's Dad.

But with God, the understanding of each person and our path of learning and growth is equal on God's side even though no two people can be compared on our side and experiences in life.

Forgiving and correcting shortcomings is more important than judging based on external successes, although clearly the outward results follow from what is going right on the inside.

Good works DO follow good faith and good conscience, but the external outcomes that we do not control are not a condition for judging people. They can be a CLUE, such as good trees or branches bearing good fruit, but not a fair system of judging people.

Like a parent assuring children they are loved no matter what, whether you fail or succeed, I support you and will walk with you the whole way.

This takes the pressure off the things we can't always control, and helps focus on the things that are our responsibility and choice.

Sure, the outcomes matter but we learn to appreciate them more when we don't attach conditions to them that we cannot control.

Last edited:
Reactions: post

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not every thread is about your hideous doctrine that 1 = 3.
One Government but 3 jurisdictions over Executive Legislative and Judicial roles,
NOT 3 governments.

One person but we are body, mind and spirit,
NOT 3 persons.

One person can act as Father, Son and Husband, yet be ONE not 3 for each of 3 roles.

GOD can manifest as Truth of God, Justice of God, Peace of God,
And still be ONE God not 3.

We see this pattern in man and in all systems of laws or religions coming from man, because man is made in the image of God.

Humanity is expresses in both the
Individual human
Collective humanity
Human relations connecting the two

Same pattern.
Always ONE, not 3.

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
no.
i'm not afraid of having imperfect knowledge.

but i think you are; you keep bringing it up.
I have learnt to live without forming beliefs about things I fear. I fear only the thing's I do not know, or understand. Society is stranger now than it was when I thought believing was paramount.

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
This does not mean works do not matter at all.

Think of it as how a parent loves a child.
Or a teacher mentors a student.

It matters what you do, but that is not a CONDITION in order to be loved.

There is ROOM to be imperfect, even make dreadful mistakes while learning to make decisions and discipline oneself independently.

If a student had to be perfect to stay in school and graduate, if you were judged solely on appearance of following rules and doing everything perfectly, not only would everyone flunk but we would be miserable.

That is what life is like when we judge by appearances. It gets to be like clique clubs in high school, who's in and who's out. Who gets away with breaking rules because of who your Daddy is compared with someone else's Dad.

But with God, the understanding of each person and our path of learning and growth is equal on God's side even though no two people can be compared on our side and experiences in life.

Forgiving and correcting shortcomings is more important than judging based on external successes, although clearly the outward results follow from what is going right on the inside.

Good works DO follow good faith and good conscience, but the external outcomes that we do not control are not a condition for judging people. They can be a CLUE, such as good trees or branches bearing good fruit, but not a fair system of judging people.

Like a parent assuring children they are loved no matter what, whether you fail or succeed, I support you and will walk with you the whole way.

This takes the pressure off the things we can't always control, and helps focus on the things that are our responsibility and choice.

Sure, the outcomes matter but we learn to appreciate them more when we don't attach conditions to them that we cannot control.
No belief is the same as any other. So, there will always be division, and war between those who love to believe.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you do not understand math.
you have no idea how to measure.
your mind is darkened.

View attachment 15780

It always gets hokey when men try to Explain God as a mathematical equasion.

Made in Gods "image" ... "a similitude".
If you claim it, it is the makeup of you.
My body, My soul, My spirit, My word...
Multiple "things", One man.

God can say the same...
God saying, My body, My soul, My spirit, My word....Multiple "things", One God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
It always gets hokey when men try to Explain God as a mathematical equasion.

Made in Gods "image" ... "a similitude".
If you claim it, it is the makeup of you.
My body, My soul, My spirit, My word...
Multiple "things", One man.

God can say the same...
God saying, My body, My soul, My spirit, My word....Multiple "things", One God.

Glory to God,
Taken
I just woke up in the last hour nestled between a shop front and a long shrub. You know how the experts say "You can't sleep on solid concrete" Umm yeah? You actually can. I prefer to live outside now, because it's healthier.