Another lawless Black person shot by police.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't watch this video but you sound a bit hypocritical to me. You don't care about what happened to George Floyd yet you care about this? I'm trying to understand your reasonings and so far I can't seem to be able to. :confused:

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't watch this video but you sound a bit hypocritical to me. You don't care about what happened to George Floyd yet you care about this? I'm trying to understand your reasonings and so far I can't seem to be able to. :confused:
The police were justified in Floyd’s case and this one too. I get no delight in these people’s death, but choices have consequences.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the common denominator to all these situations? Lawlessness in America, which is particularly blatant in the black community. America has descended into hell.

I suppose they are whiting out the actual shooting to protect the viewer, but that makes telling what happened hard to see. But it looks like she may have pulled a gun, which left the cops with no choice.

Could be wrong, but that's what it looks like.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The police were justified in Floyd’s case and this one too. I get no delight in these people’s death, but choices have consequences.

Yes. I was saddened by Floyd's death as well, and there have been even worse incidents that didn't get the same airplay. I feel for the black community, but while they often take exception to it, to me the answer is to comply and trust God to protect them. If injustice is done, let the powers that be be utterly without excuse. THAT would turn the country around. You see, the leadership in the Black community, especially groups like BLM, do not understand either the message or the tactics of MLK Jr., who was far more intelligent in his approach, and more aggressive in his mentality. He understood the power of non-confrontational protest, and if necessary suffering without retaliating, in order to effect change in society.

This business of resisting arrest is getting them killed, and pulling a gun in front of police (if that is in fact what happened) is never a smart move. It is a death wish.

Like I said, I feel bad for them. But I feel they are without true and godly leadership today, except maybe in some of the churches.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose they are whiting out the actual shooting to protect the viewer, but that makes telling what happened hard to see. But it looks like she may have pulled a gun, which left the cops with no choice.

Could be wrong, but that's what it looks like.
Yes, she pulled a knife and appeared to be trying to slab the other.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

The police officer who killed Floyd is not justified in this case. If he were, he would not have been found guilty of second degree murder. Unintentional or not. Please take care in the direction of this topic as Christianity Board has been created as a safe community for members of all ages, creeds, colors, and backgrounds

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The police officer who killed Floyd is not justified in this case. If he were, he would not have been found guilty of second degree murder. Unintentional or not. Please take care in the direction of this topic as Christianity Board has been created as a safe community for members of all ages, creeds, colors, and backgrounds

Thank you!! Just for that you finally earned a follow from me!! :D

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You do realize that the mob put Jesus to death right? Were they justified just because they were the majority in power?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do realize that the mob put Jesus to death right? Were they justified just because they were the majority in power?

That has absolutely nothing to do with what she's saying. At least from what I can tell.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, she pulled a knife and appeared to be trying to slab the other.

Oh, ok. A knife then. They were in very close proximity, so if that is indeed what happened then they may have saved the other person's life. And whatever it was about, we are not supposed to take life. We are supposed to let the courts sort things out. Now that, too, however is something that I think the Black community has legitimate gripes about. How can you trust yourself to the Justice system if the Justice system is corrupt? But again, that's why I advise trusting in the Lord, and giving oneself to praying to Him for their protection. MLK Jr. was a Christian leader, and this was also something he advised.

Reactions: Pearl

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
A strawman's argument....o_O

Defined
: The typical straw man argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition through the covert replacement of it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and the subsequent refutation of that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the opponent's proposition

Reactions: April_Rose

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That has absolutely nothing to do with what she's saying. At least from what I can tell.
Her statement: “If he were, he would not have been found guilty of second degree murder”. Her premise is that he was found guilty, therefore the officer was not justified in his actions. My point: just because the mob wanted him guilty does not make it so.

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is, if you commit criminal acts, you might end up dead.

Let's, for once, hold the criminals accountable in these cases. The police have guns, don't mess with them. Unbelievable we continue having these conversations. STOP doing crime, simple!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A strawman's argument....o_O

Defined
: The typical straw man argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition through the covert replacement of it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and the subsequent refutation of that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the opponent's proposition

You do realize that you live in the days of Noah, right? And you are siding with the lawless.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Her statement: “If he were, he would not have been found guilty of second degree murder”. Her premise is that he was found guilty, therefore the officer was not justified in his actions. My point: just because the mob wanted him guilty does not make it so.

Well in that case she was a hundred percent right. A strawman's argument.

The point is, if you commit criminal acts, you might end up dead.

Let's, for once, hold the criminals accountable in these cases. The police have guns, don't mess with them. Unbelievable we continue having these conversations. STOP doing crime, simple!

True, but still he never had to lean on his neck.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do realize that you live in the days of Noah, right? And you are siding with the lawless.

No she's not. She is taking a more balanced stand on the issue. I suggest you might want to consider doing so as well. Not every police shooting is justified, and some cops are entirely unfit for the job.

Reactions: pompadour
Status
Not open for further replies.