Another lawless Black person shot by police.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I think we would be better off discussing higher things.

There is a Taoist saying that I love. The water is dirty but the fish do not live in the clean water. Do you know what it means? Jesus put it this way.

People who have their health don’t need to see a doctor. Only those who are sick do. I’m not here to call those already in good standing with God; I’m here to call sinners to turn back to Him.
Mark 2:17

It means we need to engage the lower things also. Our motive is to raise up the poor in Spirit. The trick is to not get dragged down to their level for we are meant to be in this world but not of it, the light of the world.

It isn't healthy to be reminded of that constantly.

Agreed. For this reason, I have not watched news on TV in a quarter of a century. Feel free not to engage. A saying at a church I used to go to said Give until it feels good, not until it hurts.

Having said that, it is important to be connected to what is going on in our culture, e.g., The OJ Simpson Trial, 9/11, the pandemic and cultural Marxism ascendancy. The false narrative is the police are out to unjustly get every African American. People of The Way should oppose lies wherever they appear. Government is not the Savior.

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather, I know it isn't edifying. And some of the comments have been down right disgusting. So I think we would be better off discussing higher things.

This world has a terminal illness. It isn't healthy to be reminded of that constantly.
I agree, and also there are things that are unpleasant that must be addressed and dealt with. I often am grateful that I'm not a Lawyer, Judge or Jury member who has to review and rule on crimes. Such is the life of law enforcement, they must deal with the ugly truth of ill deeds. But I think they get some positive in their line of duty also. And would probably rather see good and positive things happening around them. I pray they get more positive interaction with the public. Let's hope and pray that negative interaction is eliminated.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God have mercy.:(

I think to be fair to the issue we may wish to realize something. Just because it isn't reported doesn't mean it isn't happening.

I know that there are cases of officers of color wrongly killing whites.

I think we may wish to consider that those stories are not reported as frequently could be because they don't support the racist narrative. That which purports to further the impression of blacks as perpetual victims.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Floyd was executed by a cop. Is that really what you want?

That was no cop. That was a man in a Halloween costume pretending to be a cop because real policemen don't act like that.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is, if you commit criminal acts, you might end up dead.

Let's, for once, hold the criminals accountable in these cases. The police have guns, don't mess with them. Unbelievable we continue having these conversations. STOP doing crime, simple!
Which makes it clear that those who resist police are mentally warped.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The media is Satanic and owned by filthy rich America hating Liberals who want to divide and conquer by stirring up racism that does not exist. The media loves rioting that destroys the lives of totally innocent Americans!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Floyd was executed by a cop. Is that really what you want?

Conditionally, yes. I've been told this is now illegal but I recall growing up hearing on TV shows police saying, "Stop or I'll shoot." This means you have about 1 second to live or change your behavior. This was basically the story in a media hyped case of a guy in Baltimore, I think, resisting arrest and attempting to flee. Those who advocate for criminals literally made the statement his fleeing was NOT putting the police's life in jeopardy AS IF the only reason the police can shoot is, like us, in self defense. I pray that is not true!

IMO resisting arrest should not be treated lightly. True, in the TV shows of yesteryear the criminal was fleeing rather than resisting arrest, per se, but I consider them related. Said differently, if we as a society do not want police to conditionally execute criminals, why do they even have guns?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Conditionally, yes. I've been told this is now illegal but I recall growing up hearing on TV shows police saying, "Stop or I'll shoot." This means you have about 1 second to live or change your behavior. This was basically the story in a media hyped case of a guy in Baltimore, I think, resisting arrest and attempting to flee. Those who advocate for criminals literally made the statement his fleeing was NOT putting the police's life in jeopardy AS IF the only reason the police can shoot is, like us, in self defense. I pray that is not true!

IMO resisting arrest should not be treated lightly. True, in the TV shows of yesteryear the criminal was fleeing rather than resisting arrest, per se, but I consider them related. Said differently, if we as a society do not want police to conditionally execute criminals, why do they even have guns?
Yeah, hmm, so what they need to do is install an electric shock "kill switch" when we're born so that "intel" watching us with time machine installed satellites can stun and stop criminals before they kill or commit crimes. Just saying :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Amazed@grace

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You're defending murder!

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God help us.
Ms.Citizen, how did your daughter die?

She was about to be stopped by police while walking home from bible study. And hearing about their policy of conditional executions of citizens, afraid because she was outside past curfew, she ran.
And was shot 6 times in the back by an officer who believed that was why the force entrusted him with a gun.

o_O

Reactions: dev553344

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The media loves rioting that destroys the lives of totally innocent Americans!
CNN has even admitted that they pushed the COVID fear-mongering to increase their ratings. If everyone stopped tuning in to CNN, that would be very beneficial. Yes all the turmoil in the cities is bread and butter for the unprincipled media hacks. Journalism is dead and propaganda flourishes. But the rioters are now turning on the media jackals and asking them to leave. They want free rein to destroy every city.

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which makes it clear that those who resist police are mentally warped.
Yes, they are, not to mention a very low IQ, literally.

There is an argument that blacks get harsher sentences for doing the same crime EXCEPT they don't bother to tell us that those black people have a longer rap sheet than any other race.

The victim mentality needs to go.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The police were justified in Floyd’s case and this one too. I get no delight in these people’s death, but choices have consequences.
No, they were not justified.
The state Attorney General did not believe their actions were justified. Which is why all four officers at the scene were charged for the murder of George Floyd.

The first officer, who pressed his bodyweight upon Mr. Floyd's neck for over 9 minutes thereby suffocating George Floyd to death.
In fact, officer Chauvin remained on Mr. Floyd's neck, and back,
even after Mr. Floyd was no longer speaking.
And even while paramedics had arrived on scene. And then having to be told to remove himself from the body.

There were two officers atop a prone handcuffed man.

Officer Chauvin was found guilty on three charges in the murder of George Floyd. Second and third degree murder, and third degree manslaughter.

Indeed, actions have consequences.

And in the near future three accomplice officers shall be afforded their own individual trials so as to find that out.

Murder is not defensible. In this moment, former officer Derek Cheauvin knows this as he sits in jail waiting to be sentenced to prison and possibly for as much as 40 years.

In my opinion he should serve every day of that maximum term. Because his victim will be dead forever. George died begging to be let to breathe.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the common denominator to all these situations? Lawlessness in America, which is particularly blatant in the black community. America has descended into hell.

Hello 777,

Your name reminds me of Final Fantasy 7, one of my favorite video games.

That is a great question you ask, what is the common denominator to all these situations ? - About Human nature.

Yesterday, know this is has something to do with people might or maybe not be racist against blacks, but there are people who have been grow up to hate other people. The reason this is because naturally we as human beings live to live for ourselves. Every emotion, and thought we have even growing up as children is all about we believe that the world owes us something. So naturally as we continue to grow we are still with-in our fleshly body.

That has been taught since birth that everything is his/hers. When you cry you get milk, when someone takes a toy from you - and you dont like it so you take it away, and then the boy/girl is either honest or tells lies and tries to make excuses for things in life because it was another persons fault and not their own. This also with abuse and neglect with in the family home, past drug abuses, past life issues of dealing with everything in life.

So we fight, we bicker, we argue, we steal, we kill, we hate, we despise, we make excuses in the flesh.

What is the solution? Having Christ Jesus in a believer to meet that person on that day when they needed to hear the Good news that day, where ever the spirit leads you to speak up and just do whatever action it is you desire to go tell to the person in the corner, or whatever the situation may be, you can always share Christ with them and maybe they go on to learn more about Christ Jesus eventually in their life because you were letting Christ Yeshua talk to them through you by sharing him because of Christ living through you personally by faith.

Not everyone will love us for that but suffering for Christ comes with a price too, by living in the spirit and not so much of the flesh.

The more you live in the spirit of Christ/Holy spirit -> More peace, joy, love, mercy, forgiveness, patience, forbearance, kindness, gentleness, all come to a reborn new spiritual person the more they continue to learn about God and the Lord Jesus Christ, by reading about them in the bible.

The more less we fight, bicker, argue, steal, kill, hate, despise, make excuses for our selves and own up to our own responsibility in this life and live in having a relationship with God and the Lord Jesus Christ living by faith and walking by the spirit.

Take care. Thank you for the great question.

Kaz

Apr 18, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The police were justified in Floyd’s case and this one too. I get no delight in these people’s death, but choices have consequences.
C'mon bro. How was he a threat to anyone pinned to the ground? You never did answer my question in the other thread because you haven't got a decent answer. You kept dodging my question like a politician and hoped that I'd go away. I've seen many criminals with weapons who were subdued with rubber bullets, tasered or simply overwhelmed by multiple numbers of officers.

What did Floyd do that required his death to remedy the situation?

Kaz

Apr 18, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"but choices have consequences."

Very true, but that doesn't mean that all consequences are appropriate for the bad decision made. If Floyd deserved to die for what happened, then maybe I should be executed for jaywalking earlier today when I went to the store to buy milk.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"but choices have consequences."

If Floyd deserved to die for what happened, then maybe I should be executed for jaywalking earlier today when I went to the store to buy milk.

You very well could have been if hit by a car, you shouldn't J walk. I almost hit a guy a while back because I didn't see him when he was J walking. Please be careful.

Reactions: Kaz
Status
Not open for further replies.