1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Another question for mormons.

Discussion in 'Christian Theology Forum' started by justbyfaith, Nov 21, 2020.

1. justbyfaith

justbyfaith Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The fold that Jesus is speaking of is the Jewish people; and the others who are not of that fold, the Gentile converts.

If this is speaking of the mormons then Christians and mormons will all become one fold.

How do you suppose that is going to happen? Are all Christians going to become mormon or are all mormons going to become Christians?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    Devin Wintch likes this.
  2. Enoch111

Enoch111 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada

There is no need for another thread on Mormonism. And for those who are not familiar with the Book of Mormon, there is a lot in that book which Christians cannot really find questionable (Note: I am definitely not a Mormon, but we need to be fair and just in all things).

Here is an example from Mormon 7:5-9:
    5 Know ye that ye must come to the a knowledge of your fathers, and repent of all your sins and iniquities, and believe in Jesus Christ, that he is the Son of God, and that he was slain by the Jews, and by the power of the Father he hath risen again, whereby he hath gained the victory over the grave; and also in him is the sting of death swallowed up.

6 And he bringeth to pass the resurrection of the dead, whereby man must be raised to stand before his judgment-seat.

7 And he hath brought to pass the redemption of the world, whereby he that is found guiltless before him at the judgment day hath it given unto him to dwell in the presence of God in his kingdom, to sing ceaseless praises with the choirs above, unto the Father, and unto the Son, and unto the Holy Ghost, which are one God, in a state of happiness which hath no end.

8 Therefore repent, and be baptized in the name of Jesus, and lay hold upon the gospel of Christ, which shall be set before you, not only in this record but also in the record which shall come unto the Gentiles from the Jews, which record shall come from the Gentiles unto you.

Jane_Doe22 and Christophany like this.
  3. justbyfaith

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    @Christophany,

Are you a closet mormon?

What are you doing on this thread undermining my authority? Do you not want these mormons to be saved?

Why then are you fighting for them as they are opposing themselves?

4. justbyfaith

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Why then are you preaching what is in their book?

Are you not aware of what is written in Galatians 1:6-9?

5. Christophany

Christophany Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    you have no authority and jane is saved regardless of what you think. she confesses the same Jesus who is God the Son, the 2nd Person of the Trinity as her personal Savior and Lord.

And unlike your heresy she doesn't believe the Son is the Father and espouse the false teaching of Modalism.

Jane_Doe22 likes this.
  6. Devin Wintch

Devin Wintch Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Your being very simple I think, too simple. If you read the book of Mormon it describes Jesus visiting the Indians in the Americas after his resurrection. So it would be nothing more than an extension of the testament of the resurrection of Jesus.

But honestly you appear to be caught in some illusion here after some strange logic, that I really can't seem to help you reason out. Sorry, I'll pray for you.

But if you're trying to fight against the Mormon church there are better issues to take that are spelled out in the bible.

7. Devin Wintch

Devin Wintch Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Mormons beleive that the line that came from Moses, took the old testament, boarded a ship and floated to America. Then they kept the old testament record. So that Indians of America were descendants of Israel.

Then Jesus was born, died and resurrected and appeared to them in America as "another" testament of Jesus the Christ (you appear to be hung up on that word "another"). They beleive the Indians of America would be the other sheep spoken of in John 10:16.

And there lives here as well as some of the old testament and new testament are all recorded in the Book of Mormon. That's what Mormons believe, I know I was Mormon for 10 years. Unless I got some minor details incorrect?

I can't really spend anymore time on this tonight. Cheers and God Bless You :)

8. justbyfaith

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You have been deceived, friend, if you think that the mormon jesus has the power to save anyone (see 2 Corinthians 11:3-4, Galatians 1:6-9).

9. Christophany

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    no that would be you the modalist with a false christ and god

10. DNB

DNB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Well, I hate your doctrine also JBF, but you personally, don't seem that bad, ...maybe rather tenacious and deluded, but not a bad guy in my opinion.

11. justbyfaith

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The Christ that I believe in and preach is not a false one. He is the biblical Christ; and you have yet to refute any of my doctrine concerning Him.

And, you may as well quote my posts for greater clarity...

Because frankly, I think that failing to include them because of your former statement that it would be your last direct statement to me is hypocrisy.

Do you really think that you are keeping your integrity by not quoting my statements?

Because you have been directly responding to me; whether you want to admit to that or not.

12. DNB

DNB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    I agree, tenacious and irritating he is, ...but I never knew of such mental breakdowns, and vacillating between faithful and infidel, until you exposed it here. But, Christophany said that JBF has openly publicized his condition on other forums on this site, so, I see that you weren't spreading dirty laundry gratuitously.
    Yes, avoidance is the best policy, ...but, you were rather scathing with him, I thought? But, again, there seems to be a very long history between the both of you, not known to many, that maybe it was JBF who pushed the limits here?
    Thanks!

13. justbyfaith

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Thank you for that, at least.

DNB likes this.
  14. justbyfaith

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I am also not a modalist but a true Trinitarian.

However, I emphasize the oneness of the Lord in my posts in order to fight against the heresy of Tritheism (which is also believed by mormons).

Are you a mormon?

15. Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    There is a very long history here of JBF's harassment. I am try to show grace by my being brief about things.

16. Christophany

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    @justbyfaith why did you get ex communicated from the Nazarene church as a so-called pastor of the flock ?

17. justbyfaith

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    But you do not succeed at showing grace...

You fail miserably at attempting to be the good mormon that you think might mean will be your salvation.

18. justbyfaith

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    This is really crazy. Are you demon-possessed, friend? What is possessing you to harass me in this manner?

I did not get "ex-communicated", for the record; I simply lost my position as local minister because I had a break.

That is why I faithfully take my meds any more.

19. Christophany

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    so you no longer met the biblical qualifications for a pastor otherwise you would of remained the pastor.

20. DNB

DNB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    ...it should've been more brief.
    Certain details could've been left out, while still getting your point across, in my opinion?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020