Another story - kind of...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did any of you know about the Moses Sole?A fish somewhere around Israel.If a shark comes near it ----it doesn't flinch - it's blood pressureand heart rate don't even increase. When the shark opens it's mouth the fish simply excretes something from 2 glands. The sharks jaws are then locked open.Much like the devil -when we excrete our faith and fall back on the Bible - his power is disabled. We don't even have to have our blood pressure rise.;)

Jimmy Engle

Jun 17, 2009
New York
Wow I never heard of such a fish! I will have to go look that up. Good analogy though. This is one of the reasons why it is really important to memorize scripture so when the devil attacks you can just run some verses through your head that will keep you from falling to any temptations :)

Jimmy Engle

Jun 17, 2009
New York
I quickly just looked it up on Wikipedia and I guess they are trying to create a shark repellent haha.From Wiki....Pardachirus marmoratus, also known as the finless sole or the Moses sole is a small fish from the Red Sea that secretes a milky substance from the base of its dorsal and anal fins. This substance is known to repel sharks. This poison is known to freeze the sharks jaw. Dr. Eugenie Clark discovered this fact, and carried out much of the research on this fish. It is now known that scientists are trying to make a man made version of the fish's defensive toxin, as a spray-on shark repellent, with the man made version known by the chemical name pardaxin, derived from the Moses Sole's 'Pardachirus' general name. They appear similar to a flounder. There is a myth that while Moses was splitting the Red Sea, this poor fish was caught in the middle and was split in half. The Moses fish is edible only when you wash it in red wine.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jimmy Engle;75310]Wow I never heard of such a fish! I will have to go look that up. Good analogy though. This is one of the reasons why it is really important to memorize scripture so when the devil attacks you can just run some verses through your head that will keep you from falling to any temptations :)[/QUOTE][COLOR=Purple][B]I said:
- I have some enlarged' date=' even, tacked onto my wall by my bed!!I need scripture in the forefront of my thoughts and mind every second!PS Can you look up 1974 National Geographic? That's where the Moses Sole story could be found, also. Don't know the month. Oh, and the analogy came from a pastor - not me.Hey, good work posting more, Jimmy. [/COLOR'];)

Jimmy Engle

Jun 17, 2009
New York
It's the November issue but I can't seem to find any online article from that particular magazine about it. Very interesting though lol.