Anti Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Just a question . Do you all think when Christ returns, He will be a mere man possessed ?

I ask because I trying to figure out why do most believe satan as the antichrist will be possessed?

Reactions: Mayflower

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a question . Do you all think when Christ returns, He will be a mere man possessed ?

I ask because I trying to figure out why do most believe satan as the antichrist will be possessed?

The Antichrist is possessed by Satan in the sense that Satan gives him all his authority to rule on earth.

Rev 13.2 The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority.

The Apostle John wrote that Jesus was the "Word made flesh." He was not only fully possessed of the Holy Spirit but he *was* God! He was both a human personality and the personality of God.

I wouldn't compare Jesus and Satan so much. They are opposites.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
The Antichrist is possessed by Satan in the sense that Satan gives him all his authority to rule on earth.

Rev 13.2 The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority.

The Apostle John wrote that Jesus was the "Word made flesh." He was not only fully possessed of the Holy Spirit but he *was* God! He was both a human personality and the personality of God.

I wouldn't compare Jesus and Satan so much. They are opposites.

Not the comparison just the fact that both are super natural ,please don't think I'm comparing them as that can't be done ,however my point is ,just like Christ will return to this earth ,satan comes first ,meaning he will not be in possession of any man but rather it will be him .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not the comparison just the fact that both are super natural ,please don't think I'm comparing them as that can't be done ,however my point is ,just like Christ will return to this earth ,satan comes first ,meaning he will not be in possession of any man but rather it will be him .

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus will return as King of Kings, Lord of Lords =Almighty God living with His family.
Revelation 21:3 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Look! God's dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.
Anti-christ is a man possessed by satan.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't believe Antichrist will be Satan, but just a man fully endowed with the authority of Satan to rebel against God and the Church. There have been many such men in history. This will just be the last.

Jesus is different inasmuch as he is both God and man. That is, he has a human personality, but he also has God's personality.

But the Antichrist will not be Satan incarnate. He will only by possessed by and motivated by Satan, in the same way Satan motivates all who worship and follow him. People indirectly worship Satan when they choose to live lives independent of the Lord. They are idolizing his independent lifestyle, which opposes divine control over their lives.

Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you all think when Christ returns, He will be a mere man possessed ?
From where would you get such a bizarre and unbiblical idea? Christ "a mere man"? Haven't you been paying any attention? Christ is -- and will remain -- fully God and fully Man. At one and the same time.

Reactions: Illuminator

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
From where would you get such a bizarre and unbiblical idea? Christ "a mere man"? Haven't you been paying any attention? Christ is -- and will remain -- fully God and fully Man. At one and the same time.

That's my whole point ,I mean dang ,did you not read ?

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
I don't believe Antichrist will be Satan, but just a man fully endowed with the authority of Satan to rebel against God and the Church. There have been many such men in history. This will just be the last.

Jesus is different inasmuch as he is both God and man. That is, he has a human personality, but he also has God's personality.

But the Antichrist will not be Satan incarnate. He will only by possessed by and motivated by Satan, in the same way Satan motivates all who worship and follow him. People indirectly worship Satan when they choose to live lives independent of the Lord. They are idolizing his independent lifestyle, which opposes divine control over their lives.

So are you saying the 7000 whom are killed instantly at Christ return are people whom are simply possessed ?

satan along with his angels are kicked out of Heaven after the war, correct ?

Was satan a mere man possessed that tempted Christ ?

People worship the spirit of satan but between the 5th and 6th trump he will be here live and in color ,therein lies the deception that follows as everyone will believe him to be Christ and no one will believe a mere man possessed or otherwise .

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you saying the 7000 whom are killed instantly at Christ return are people whom are simply possessed ?

satan along with his angels are kicked out of Heaven after the war, correct ?

Was satan a mere man possessed that tempted Christ ?

People worship the spirit of satan but between the 5th and 6th trump he will be here live and in color ,therein lies the deception that follows as everyone will believe him to be Christ and no one will believe a mere man possessed or otherwise .

I don't believe Satan was or will be a man. He's a fallen angel. People worship a leader that leads an independence movement against God's control. That's the spirit of Satan.

I believe that Satan already fell out of heaven, at least temporarily. Jesus said he saw him fall already. So that's already happened. But he is going to fall permanently in the future. He will be consigned to the earth, to live out through Antichrist what his rebellion represents in heaven. At least that's what I think. In Rev 12 we read that he once again is kicked out of heaven to come down to earth--sort of his last hurrah.

I'm not counting 7000 people at all. The 7000 killed in the earthquake in Rev 11 appear to be Jews in Jerusalem. Part of restoring Israel will require the judgment of rebellious Jews at the time of Christ's return. I wouldn't call them "possessed" by Satan, though they may be inadvertently following Satan.

Most people in this world are not possessed by Satan, though they do follow his rebellious spirit. Those who are "possessed" we often think of as those who are "demon possessed." And that's virtually a medical condition, as well as a spiritual condition. People can follow Satan without being possessed.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly, I believe it's the false prophet and the antichrist are nephilim.

Jesus Christ=Son of God
Antichrist=son of satan

Human beings will face judgment....it is appointed unto man once to die, and after this, the judgment. But the antichrist and false prophet will be cast alive into the lake of fire...no judgment.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly, I believe it's the false prophet and the antichrist are nephilim.

Jesus Christ=Son of God
Antichrist=son of satan

Human beings will face judgment....it is appointed unto man once to die, and after this, the judgment. But the antichrist and false prophet will be cast alive into the lake of fire...no judgment.

It's debatable whether Nephilim were angels or just large, strong men. The false prophet and the Antichrist are men with power emanating from Satan, and from the peoples of the world who follow in his rebellion against God.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's debatable whether Nephilim were angels or just large, strong men. The false prophet and the Antichrist are men with power emanating from Satan, and from the peoples of the world who follow in his rebellion against God.
here's a window....the false prophet is apostate protestantism which ratifies the system of antichrist now operating. This is real in present time not speculation about another breed.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
here's a window....the false prophet is apostate protestantism which ratifies the system of antichrist now operating. This is real in present time not speculation about another breed.

I'll go this far, brother. There are elements in Protestantism, namely liberal Christians, who are definitely in the realm of the False Prophet. ;)

Actually, my eschatology is as follows. Daniel described a 4th Empire in world history. And it was the Roman Empire. Daniel saw this Empire break up into 10 states, which will re-congeal under the lead of the Antichrist.

And so, the Antichrist will emerge in Europe, which has been dominated by compromised Catholicism and idolatrous Protestantism. We may not be far apart!

Actually, I think the False Prophet may be a future corrupt Pope. But we shall see?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'll go this far, brother. There are elements in Protestantism, namely liberal Christians, who are definitely in the realm of the False Prophet. ;)

Actually, my eschatology is as follows. Daniel described a 4th Empire in world history. And it was the Roman Empire. Daniel saw this Empire break up into 10 states, which will re-congeal under the lead of the Antichrist.

And so, the Antichrist will emerge in Europe, which has been dominated by compromised Catholicism and idolatrous Protestantism. We may not be far apart!

Actually, I think the False Prophet may be a future corrupt Pope. But we shall see?
or, the Roman Empire morphed into an ecclesiastical empire with renamed gods....all the way into the toes of which ten might be figurative rather than literal....figurative, as in many

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not debatable to me. I've seen them at high level rituals where I was used on the altars as a child.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
did they have a name tag reading 'nephillim' ?
I think that's uncalled for, and I think quite hateful.

They were not fully human. One was an upright lizard maybe around 6ft ...the other had a human body with a doglike head. You won't convince me they were human. And they were in physical form. I heard them speak in a language that is not of this world. They were physical enough that they sacrificed a human infant each day of that 3-day ritual.

I am not a liar.... I'm not crazy, and I did not imagine it. I'd appreciate if you would keep your snide remarks to yourself.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think that's uncalled for, and I think quite hateful.

They were not fully human. One was an upright lizard maybe around 6ft ...the other had a human body with a doglike head. You won't convince me they were human. And they were in physical form. I heard them speak in a language that is not of this world. They were physical enough that they sacrificed a human infant each day of that 3-day ritual.

I am not a liar.... I'm not crazy, and I did not imagine it. I'd appreciate if you would keep your snide remarks to yourself.
now here is a case in point....you take offence when no offence is or was intended. You have interpreted what you have imagined and built a theory on it. I am sorry for your view.
We could explore this further but I doubt it would be beneficial.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now here is a case in point....you take offence when no offence is or was intended. You have interpreted what you have imagined and built a theory on it. I am sorry for your view.
We could explore this further but I doubt it would be beneficial.
I didn't IMAGINE what I saw and experienced....PERIOD. You have trouble believing the scriptures.