Any foreign / European television shows or movies recommended?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been watching several Israeli television series over the past year or so, and I think they are incredibly well-made. (Whether they reflect Christian values per se, of course, is another matter - but they do realistically portray the complicated conflict in the Middle East, between the Israelis and Palestinians, and other countries besides). I have always have had deep respect and admiration for the Jewish people and culture. :)

The first was was a spy thriller, Tehran (a Mossad agent, a young Persian Jewish woman, who travels to Tehran to help Israel sabotage Iran's nuclear weapons).

The second was Fauda, an action-based film portraying Israeli agents who regularly infiltrate Arab society in order to help fight national security threats.

Perhaps you have heard of them, perhaps not.

But what do you people watch, other than American television series and movies (which I've been quite familiar with for many years, having grown up watching them). What are some popular shows and movies where you reside, or which you think are particularly inspiring?

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think the most inspirational movie in recent years was ‘ Hacksaw Ridge ‘ I don’t normally like war movies, but that one really amazed me.
I guess I am too close to be different as the U.K. and the US have much of the same movies ect.
At the moment I am watching ‘ The Chosen ‘ …..it’s the first representation of Jesus and his disciples that I have found ‘ inspiring ‘ ………

Years ago I found ‘ The boy in the striped pyjamas very thought provoking ‘ ……
Rita x

Reactions: Helen

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When it comes to BBC tv series, they do a wonderful job at detective shows.

Father Brown, Shakespere & Hathaway, Death in Paradise, Miss Marple.

Reactions: Debp and Helen

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ITV do a good job as well Josho, endeavour, Vera, midsummer murders, grantchester, a touch of frost ect ect

Rita

Reactions: Helen and Josho

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was watching a series called ‘ ambulance ‘on BBC 1 the other day, it’s one of those programs that follows real life ambulance crews. It’s been on for quite a few years now, but the more recent one was filmed during the last year …….had me in tears. It was a reminder of what has been going on, factual , reality and how covid impacted. It was filmed up in Liverpool. It’s worth watching x

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and Josho

Abaxvahl

Sep 13, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But what do you people watch, other than American television series and movies (which I've been quite familiar with for many years, having grown up watching them). What are some popular shows and movies where you reside, or which you think are particularly inspiring?

Speaking of Israeli shows one of which I truly love, although you may have seen it already, is Shitsel, which follows a strict Orthodox family throughout their lives and what happens to them. Apparently it is very accurate to Orthodox life and so was interesting to see for that reason, also it's just an amazingly acted show.

The first Korean show I watched (and I am about to see another called Squid Game since it's really popular right now) was Crash Landing On You, which is about a South Korean woman landing in North Korea and romance that follows. I haven't finished it yet but so far it's amazing, far more drama than comedy and what comedy there is I found to be very funny.

Reactions: Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
here's something different
watch.angelstudios.com
The link didn’t work, but is it to ‘ The Chosen ‘ ……which is brilliant, cannot wait for season 3 x