Any thoughts on this? No exploding heads please.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, again! We are in full agreement here I believe! God created Adam, God created the Angels, God begot us, and God the Father prepared a Body for God the Son.

Much love!
I missed this before. I think you are going to want to reword that. Could be wrong.
you might actually think it.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, so it has to ONLY be “sons of God.” It cannot be child of God, children of God or “My son, Israel,” or adopted sons, or sons by adoption.
You have, in lawyerly fashion, struck quite a few of the verses. My list took heavy shelling. But…I’m still ahead. You still have the few questionable verses the doctrine was built on.
So I still ask, how did you come to your firm belief on this?

Whichever of the angels did God ever say to, you are My Son?

Angels were created and MADE very good.
Mankind was created
very good in Gods image and likeness.
Both were created and made having freewill.

Gen 1:
[31] And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Gen 2:
[1] Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
[2] And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
[3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Both were made having freewill, to MAKE their own choice

IMO...sons OF God is not equal to God saying “my sons”.

IMO...consideration of the celestial hosts, is according to the Relationship between A celestial host (being) and God.
* Regarding the celestial host; they have powers of vast movement, and have powers to appear in the image of a man.
* I believe they were all created, males, without ability to reproduce amongst themselves.
* I believe as long as they maintained their relationship allegiance to Serving God, they are considered to be of the family of God, ie the reference of them being sons of God.

IMO...the same consideration extends of a terrestrial Man-Kind of being, is also according Relationship between a man (being) and God.
* Regarding the terrestrial man-kind of beings, made very good, were created and made, Male and Female with the express purpose of reproduction From the fertilization of the Females seed, by the Males seed.
* When the Relationship of the first Male with God faltered in allegiance to God ONLY, the man, including his Reproducing SEED, became TAINTED, and thereafter;
* God has offered all terrestrial (earthly) men...a RE-MAKE (for lack of better term) Option, Choice they can choose, or reject.
* The RE-MAKE Offer, includes a DIFFERENT SEED, expressly from God.
* A mans acceptance of Gods SEED, gives that man restoration, to once and forever have a Relationship in Gods family, ie the reference of them being sons of God.

It’s a parallel to what Human men do...treat, accept, into a family relationship, a child other than their own, a nephew, a neighbors child, a parentless child, etc. whether or not the “parent figure”, “guardian”, “friend”, calls them ...
”their son”.

In brief...”sons of....” is according to an established:
“family thereof relationship”.

Yes, I believe celestial male beings had a “sons of”...family relationship with God....came to earth (as many celestial beings had missions on earth to accomplish, AS Gods servants)....AND some celestial male beings were enamored at the sight of beautiful female terrestrials, daughters of men.
And did in fact, forego their “sons of”...family relationship with God...to take on a marital and intimate relationship with Female Terrestrials.
(An exercise of their Freewill, and too bad, eternal severing of their “sons of”...family relationship with God.)

My view.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: David in NJ

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMO...sons OF God is not equal to God saying “my sons”.
Marks is of the same opinion as you. So we struck all but the verses that specifically say, in NASB, “sons of God.” It struck the greater portion of the 20 verses.
I did keep the verse that said, “sons of the living God” though. I conceded enough. :p

But there are still more verses that use the phrase for human men than the ones he thinks refer to angels.

We all use the filters I mentioned earlier.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marks is of the same opinion as you. So we struck all but the verses that specifically say, in NASB, “sons of God.” It struck the greater portion of the 20 verses.
I did keep the verse that said, “sons of the living God” though. I conceded enough. :p

But there are still more verses that use the phrase for human men than the ones he thinks refer to angels.

We all use the filters I mentioned earlier.

Considering as well...angels are not born.
Considering as well...enormous beings, of the look of a man, that some do attribute to a sexual relationship between male angels and human females.
(Never an indication of Female angels).

The enormous size of some men....gives pause to a wonderment.
Deut 3:11 gives a measurement of a really large man’s bed, made of iron,
Length 14ft + and Width 6ft +

Considering today, there are men 7ft+ tall.
A standard California King Length 7ft length.

Men today having reached 8ft tall, are plagued with medical issues, (bones, organs, glandular issues)
Men mentioned in Scripture with enormous height (seeming to fit comfortable in a 14ft bed) were touted as strong, able bodied warriors.

Yes, I think there was hanky, panky, going on, between male angels and female humans.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try beginning in the OT with "bene elohim", the expression in question. Where do you see those words appear in that way?

And look at how those words are translated in the LXX. And look at where those words appear in that way in the NT.

Much love!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try beginning in the OT with "bene elohim", the expression in question. Where do you see those words appear in that way?

And look at how those words are translated in the LXX. And look at where those words appear in that way in the NT.

Much love!

I don’t get that....however it appears the angels that mated with human women were “spanked (so to speak/ punished and sent away in chains, indicating, kept from continuing their folly”. And their “offspring”... a fearsome sight to earthly men.

Glory to God,
Taken

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you track "sons of God" through the Bible, you'll see this refers to those came directly from God, Adam, Angels, and Christians, and, of course, the Only Begotten Son, Jesus, though He is unique of course.

Much love!
Not so. I did look at them all today. It refers more times to human men than the three times it refers to angels (allegedly) in the OT.

Much love!
How would that work, since the massive bulk of when “sons of God“ is used in my Bible is in the NT, with only the three verses the theory is based on in the OT and no verses the theory is based on in the NT?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But I forgot to say, that might make a good thread…you would have to guide me in it though, because absolutely nothing comes to me in thinking about that. But you see something I don’t I think since it has given you gain.

well here's just one for starters:

in indentifying Himself as 'the son of man', Jesus is claiming to be the fulfillment of Dan 7: 13-14

As the visions during the night continued, I saw One like a son of man coming, on the clouds of heaven; When he reached the Ancient One and was presented before him,

He received dominion, glory, and kingship; nations and peoples of every language serve him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that shall not be taken away, his kingship shall not be destroyed.

But i won't further distract your thread.

Pax et Bonum

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so. I did look at them all today. It refers more times to human men than the three times it refers to angels (allegedly) in the OT.

How would that work, since the massive bulk of when “sons of God“ is used in my Bible is in the NT, with only the three verses the theory is based on in the OT and no verses the theory is based on in the NT?

Where do you see in the scripture "sons of God" as refering to humans???

Please post scripture references - ty

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you see in the scripture "sons of God" as refering to humans???

Please post scripture references - ty
Romans 8:14
14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons and daughters of God.

Romans 8:19
19 For the eagerly awaiting creation waits for the revealing of the sons and daughters of God.

Galatians 3:26
26 For you are all sons and daughters of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Mathew 5:9
9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.

Hosea 1:10
And in the place
Where it is said to them,
“You are not My people,”
It will be said to them,
You are the sons of the living God.”

Psalm 82:6
And all of you are sons of the Most High.

There are also at least 20 more that have God speaking of a human person as ”My son” and “children of God.”

The theory of angels mating with humans is based on only 3 or 4 verses, all in the OT. None in the NT.

And I made pretty good argument that 2 of those do not refer to fallen angels. But even if you keep them for the side of the theory, the instances where “sons of God” refer to human men are at least double in number.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:14
14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons and daughters of God.

Romans 8:19
19 For the eagerly awaiting creation waits for the revealing of the sons and daughters of God.

Galatians 3:26
26 For you are all sons and daughters of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Mathew 5:9
9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.

Hosea 1:10
And in the place
Where it is said to them,
“You are not My people,”
It will be said to them,
You are the sons of the living God.”

Psalm 82:6
And all of you are sons of the Most High.

There are also at least 20 more that have God speaking of a human person as ”My son” and “children of God.”

The theory of angels mating with humans is based on only 3 or 4 verses, all in the OT. None in the NT.

And I made pretty good argument that 2 of those do not refer to fallen angels. But even if you keep them for the side of the theory, the instances where “sons of God” refer to human men are at least double in number.
Thank you for the scriptures you posted.

Not one of these scriptures adheres "sons of God" to the flesh and blood of humans.

They are only referring to those who's spirits have been "Born Again" by the Spirit of God.

The Lord Jesus made this very clear in Luke ch20

Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

Again made clear in 1 Corintians ch15

Now I say this, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Peace and Good Nite

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sons of God means men of a certain bloodline that would branch off and be uncorrupted to bring forth Jesus from (the Branch and Shoot the prophets spoke of, how about that! The branching off, a branch from a family tree, the branch of the bloodline) and so they weren’t supposed to mate with another human, branching bloodline that the angels (now imprisoned) taught/tricked men to mingle their seed with, committing sexual sin with who they weren’t supposed to. I think they taught them more than just to do that sin because those children were TALL! But that’s another topic. (Think along the line of the sin of balaam, who taught the king how to trick the Israelites to commit sexual sin). It was cains “marked” bloodline the men weren’t supposed to mingle with the daughters of. Cain was marked so no one from the chosen bloodline WOULD mate with his line.

Do you think all, or even part of this, could be shown from scripture?
Possibly but I don’t know stunnedbygrace, have you found and answer to your question yet?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Possibly but I don’t know stunnedbygrace, have you found and answer to your question yet?

Just to share my perspective when it comes to those giants and the sons of God it would be human beings.

While Satan could manipulate things it seems that his demons also could cause havoc on people; when he was in control of the world.

I don’t think that heavenly angels could come down and mate with human beings because according to Jesus there is no marriage in heaven so they wouldn’t have any reason for multiplying?

But seeing them as messengers instead of heavenly angels probably makes a big deal to what may one may tend to believe.

There are still people who are expectionally tall today ; and these who go away from God probably can grow in tall in darkness in the mind, will, emotion of the soul; which caused such havoc on the earth all there was violence; and God decided to restart with a righteous bloodline who stayed faithful towards God. Noah’s family.

Even so problems still came up. I also see the flood as baptism from the world into the heavenly. :)

This of course is simply my subjective belief and no one has to accept it.

May the God of peace be with you all.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the scriptures you posted.

Not one of these scriptures adheres "sons of God" to the flesh and blood of humans.

They are only referring to those who's spirits have been "Born Again" by the Spirit of God.

The Lord Jesus made this very clear in Luke ch20

Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

Again made clear in 1 Corintians ch15

Now I say this, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Peace and Good Nite

Sons of God, when said of men, does not include their sexual organs, because their sexual organs will not enter eternity.
Sons of God, when said of fallen angels appearing in human form on earth, does include their sexual organs, because their sexual organs will enter eternity?
Therefore, if sons of God have sex with women, it has to mean angels having sex with women?

I’m waiting for a moderator to say, this thread is closed because men are ridiculous!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
sons of God means men of a certain bloodline that would branch off and be uncorrupted to bring forth Jesus from (the Branch and Shoot the prophets spoke of, how about that!
Salvation is NOT according to bloodlines so this is a total fantasy! Christ is of the tribe of Judah and the line of David, and both Judah and David sinned against God.

The Bible is crystal clear that wicked fathers produced righteous sons and righteous fathers produced wicked sons. End of story. If you don't believe this kindly spend some serious study times in Kings (I & 2) and Chronicles (1 & 2). God has those books in the Bible to teach us that there is no such thing as a righteous or unrighteous bloodline and that every individual must choose to be either righteous or unrighteous.

As to "sons of God" in the OT, it is ALWAYS a reference to angels (good or evil).

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
sons of God means men of a certain bloodline..

Could be..:)
"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown" (Genesis 6:4)
rel-Giants34.jpg

and we can speculate that they weren't giants in the physical sense but in the intelligence sense, put on earth by God to give early primitive humans a helping hand by improving the gene pool.
To speculate further, we could say that all modern Christian men and women can trace their bloodline back to those early giants, and as a result we stand tall among the rest of humanity as true children of God..:)
"What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?..Come out from among them and be separate says the Lord, I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters" (2 Cor 6:14-18 )

giants-2.jpg

rel-dna.jpg

rel-god-dna.jpg

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just spent an hour trying to come up with any sort of answer to a post that was so ridiculous I had to force my mind to consider and respond With great difficulty. I’m not going to do it again. There are a limited amount of hours in a day. :oops:

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
sons of God means men of a certain bloodline that would branch off and be uncorrupted to bring forth Jesus from (the Branch and Shoot the prophets spoke of, how about that! The branching off, a branch from a family tree, the branch of the bloodline) and so they weren’t supposed to mate with another human, branching bloodline that the angels (now imprisoned) taught/tricked men to mingle their seed with, committing sexual sin with who they weren’t supposed to. I think they taught them more than just to do that sin because those children were TALL! But that’s another topic. (Think along the line of the sin of balaam, who taught the king how to trick the Israelites to commit sexual sin). It was cains “marked” bloodline the men weren’t supposed to mingle with the daughters of. Cain was marked so no one from the chosen bloodline WOULD mate with his line.

Do you think all, or even part of this, could be shown from scripture?
sons of God were the angels.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sons of God, when said of men, does not include their sexual organs, because their sexual organs will not enter eternity.
Sons of God, when said of fallen angels appearing in human form on earth, does include their sexual organs, because their sexual organs will enter eternity?
Therefore, if sons of God have sex with women, it has to mean angels having sex with women?

I’m waiting for a moderator to say, this thread is closed because men are ridiculous!
Close a thread because of a lack of understanding the words of the Lord Jesus Christ and Scripture???

Now that is ridiculous = but so goes religion.........

Status
Not open for further replies.