Anything wrong with non-denominational, but still Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
forgivenWretch;75105]So it said:
Now' date=' that sounded snotty.That wasn't the point of the post. That you took it in that direction isuncalled for, in my opinion. You "get ready" for God any way you'd like - that's not how [B']I[/B] "get ready" for God! But, your question has elicited a smile in thinking how indeed I do "get ready" for my Lord. Thank you for that.;) Miss Hepburn

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
Does not the bible say "forsake not the assembly"? And I'm sorry you took my question that way> It amazes me at how things get so twisted, but that is our human nature.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Miss Hepburn;75103 said:
I think it is great people like to go and get all involved. I just don't.
Heb 10:24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, Heb 10:25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. If you neglect meeting together, how will you partake of the Lord's Supper which is a command in Scripture? How will you exercise your spiritual gifts for the building up of the body in service to God and your brothers and sisters in Christ?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
kay-gee;75075]Totally disagree! Jesus has a church. He established it said:
Did you read the scripture ? Eph 4:5One Lord, one faith, one baptism, there is one religion it is being a Christian believing in Jesus Christ that is the chuch the true church the bride it doesnt have a denominational name on it ..It all who believe in Christ so its not flipant nor false it is scripture ....

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Miss Hepburn;75112][COLOR=Purple]I do stir up people to love and good works ---more actually than sitting in a chair surrounded by strangers or waving my hands when singing.I do meet with people and we encourage each other. Even on the phone and emails.[/quote]Hello Miss Hepburn said:
  • Luk 22:19 And he took bread' date=' and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me." 1Co 11:23 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, 1Co 11:24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me." 1Co 11:25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me." [/list']The word "do" (this) in the passages quoted above is another example of a Greek imperative mood, which again, simply means that it is a command.
    Miss Hepburn;75112 said:
    [And also could you explain more what is meant by exercising my spiritual gifts. Are you referring to tongues and healing?
    Anything from giving someone a ride to church to teaching a Sunday School class is the exercise of spiritual gifts. Whatever talent that the Lord has given you to help build up the Body of Christ.

kay-gee

Oct 23, 2009
mjrhealth;75098]How can the denominations of today be the Lords Church said:
So are you saying Christ was wrong when he spoke the words of Matt 16:18?all the best...

kay-gee

Oct 23, 2009
Christina;75111]Did you read the scripture ? [URL=http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Eph&c=4&v=5&t=KJV#5][COLOR=#0000ff]Eph 4:5[/COLOR][/URL][B][U]One Lord said:
[/B] there is one religion it is being a Christian believing in Jesus Christ that is the chuch the true church the bride it doesnt have a denominational name on it ..It all who believe in Christ so its not flipant nor false it is scripture ....
Matter of fact...one of my favourite verses. Thank-you for bringing it up. It re-iterates what I am saying. There is ONE body (church) ONE faith (sets of tenents and observances) ONE Baptism. (purpose and mode) To be mixed up on any, excludes one from being HIS church. If you are a true believer in Christ you will want to belong to HIS church. 20,000 denominations can't be right. They teach vastly differing things.all the best...

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
There is one religion it is a belief in Christ its the believers that make up the church that is the one religion ..it has nothing to do with denominations There are no denominations in the word of God NONE its a book written to all his chidren .... All other Religions/denominations are of men the church was built upon Christ he is our Rock belief in him is the one and only religion ...baptism of belief repentace in his name is the only baptism.One God One religion One baptism ...

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
I don't see the clause about whosoever belieth in him and attendeth church? The church is the bride of Christ, meant to be universal and a church where only Christ is the head (Colossians 1:18). Some folks say those that don't attend church break the "rules" of being a good Christian? Do they themselves not break the "rules" when they unjustly pursue and judge another (Colossians 2:16)? Christ alone is fit to make that call, not you!Quit warring with one another and fill the God-given commission you were given. God never instructed us to bicker about church attendance!

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
[quote name='Nomad;75109]Heb 10:24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works' date=' Heb 10:25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. If you neglect meeting together, how will you partake of the Lord's Supper which is a command in Scripture? How will you exercise your spiritual gifts for the building up of the body in service to God and your brothers and sisters in Christ?[/QUOTE']Are we not assembled right here? Partake of the Lord's Supper whenever you need to, you don't need to be in a special building for that.