Anything wrong with non-denominational, but still Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fay

Nov 20, 2009
I personally am one, but I don't think people quite understand it when one would say I'm Christian but prefer to not belong to a denomination. Very few sites state this, there's one called ProofDirectory, www.proofdirectory.com , it's fairly new and I've joined it but there's no one in the forum! :S these forums are packed, I've started making posts but if someone is interested in helping out there i'd appreciate it. Thank you!God bless. Fay

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Must be the day for coving this topic :) The lord is leading Eph 4:5One Lord, one faith, one baptism, There is one faith to believe in Christ i.e. Christian, a Christ man or women. Gods word has no denominations men have denominations If you belief in Christ repent for your sins in his name thats all you need God doesnt care what name is over a the door of building ... He comes in the book his Word ..not religions of men ... No one must belong to a certain church to be a Christan. You need only believe he died for your sins

Fay

Nov 20, 2009
Yes Christina I agree with what your saying.But that doesn't seem to be the case with most people these days. They identify themselves more with the name of their church rather than with what is in the Bible.

kay-gee

Oct 23, 2009
Christina;75056]Must be the day for coving this topic :) The lord is leading [URL=http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Eph&c=4&v=5&t=KJV#5][COLOR=#0000ff]Eph 4:5[/COLOR][/URL][B][U]One Lord said:
[/B] There is one faith to believe in Christ i.e. Christian, a Christ man or women. Gods word has no denominations men have denominations If you belief in Christ repent for your sins in his name thats all you need God doesnt care what name is over a the door of building ... He comes in the book his Word ..not religions of men ... No one must belong to a certain church to be a Christan. You need only believe he died for your sins
Totally disagree! Jesus has a church. He established it, He is building it, it resists all opposition including hell. It is here today and is findable. When He returns it will be to recieve HIS church. No other. You are added to that church upon salvation. No option or decision on your part. Church was important to Christ...He purchased it with His blood.Church was impoertant to the apostles...They dedicated there labour and their lives to it. To say that church does not matter is a very flippant statement and well...downright false!!!I have scripture for everyting I have said here if anyone is interested.all the best...

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But what is the church?My mouth dropped when on the Contemporary Christian Radio Station I listen tothat has periodic scripture readings said something about how "we" were the church - not a building. That was the 1st x I'd ever heard that.I need to understand this church definition.Thank you

Fay

Nov 20, 2009
Well that's true, the people make a church, not the building. In any case, can you guys do me a favor? You all seem to have what I'm looking for! I'm trying to kick start the forum of this site www.proofdirectory.com , so im recruiting people! This site is good and the Bible teachings that are presented there isn't what you find in other churches, its real! It will be a great forum!Thank you. Blessings,Fay

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Miss Hepburn' date=' :)Without getting into the etymological history of our English word "church," suffice it to say that it was and is used by English translators of the NT to translate the Greek word "ekklesia," meaning "assembly" or "called out." Ekklesia does in fact refer to the [i']people[/i] gathered rather than the place in which they meet. However, around 300AD we begin to see ekklesia being used of "houses of worship" as well and hence the confusion. :)

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fay;75074 said:
They identify themselves more with the name of their church rather than with what is in the Bible.
Hello Fay,I would say the reason for this is that many, right or wrong, believe their denomination best represents Biblical teaching. Of course there are others who unwittingly place emphasis on their denominational affiliation out of tradition.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God never invented religion, man did, even Paul was telling the people not to follow people but they still do. I belong to Jesus, and I only long to know Jesus, not the bible, for only Jesus can show me who He is, for no matter how many times you read the bible, no matter how much you spend on books, it all comes down to Jesus, He is the word come in the flesh, He is the way the truth and the life, and there is no other way. Jesus has done all the work, now I must just have Faith in Him, and Love, all my work is vanity and achieves nothing, nor does it give God a better opinion of me, God approves of me because of the work Jesus did, not for anything I can do or have ever done.In His Love

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mans church is just that, mans church, our Lords Church is a spiritual one for those who are spiritual, for as Jesus said",Mar 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Isaiah prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoreth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. OrJoh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. In His Love

kay-gee

Oct 23, 2009
mjrhealth;75092]Mans church is just that said:
Puzzled! what has all those verses got to do with The Lords church? Who did the apostles write all those epistles to if not the churches? The same churches exist today do they not? Unless of course, they somehow vanished! If that is the case, we're all in a lot of trouble.all the best...

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
Fay;75055]I personally am one said:
God only ever nominated one way of becoming a Christian.Jesus began by demanding to be baptised then he prayed and was anointed by the Spirit, whereupon a voice was heard.Later when the new testament church started (Acts 2, see also Romans 8:9, Acts 11:14-18), we see the same pattern, though some people receive His Spirit before they get baptised (Acts 10:44-48).Man has de-nominated that way! i.e. broken it up, saying that various aspects are optional or even done away with!Jesus is soon returning for the faithful bride, those in the church he set up.

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
Nomad;75081] .. . around 300AD we begin to see ekklesia being used of "houses of worship" as well and hence the confusion. :)[/QUOTE]Roman Emperor Constantine made "Christianity" state religion in the 4th Century.People are following what some [I]men[/I] say rather than getting to know what God said:
"the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet' date=' 'Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me?'" (Acts 7:48-49) "by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1Cor.12:13)[/COLOR']

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How can the denominations of today be the Lords Church, is God divided, how can they all be of Christ when they all preach a different Jesus, have different statemants of faith, and interpret the scriptures in a different way, God is not the author of confusion, so if so many christians are confused then how can it be from God, can you not see the stupidity in that, Did not Jesus sat , that a house divided against itself cannot stand, that is why the mens church of today will fall, its full of hypocrasy, and deceipt, and division, and everyonse says they have the only way to Heaven. well Jesus is the only way to Heaven, religion wont get you there, try as hard as you like, all your efforts are in vain.In His Love

Moses

Oct 7, 2009
mjrhealth and Miss Hepburn: I love both of your posts! Very well put! There is way too much division in the "church" today is filled with confusion and division. This is not what Jesus is coming back for.Moses

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, 'Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me?'" (Acts 7:48-49)
Thank you for that one, TallMan...and from the New Testament no less. :) Miss Hepburn

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone else feel that going to and getting ready for a church service actually distracts them from God? As opposed to staying in your pj's studying the Word all day on a Sunday?I mean I have to get ready and be with people all week.I mean, just caring about how one looks and is all the dog hair off my clothes, is the mud off my shoes and does my hair look good in the back - and getting there on time is all a distraction for me, personally.It takes me "away" from my day with the Lord. My time is spent serving the Lord in so many other ways.I think of and pray to and read about and commune with and listen about and talk about and type about and thank and praise the Lord every day of the week. And still it is not enough, btw. I don't care for the distracion of all that is involved with a Sunday "assembly".(Plus, I will watch the teaching an 2 weeks on TV. No people, no songs, no getting spruced up and driving anywhere.)I think it is great people like to go and get all involved. I just don't.