Apostasy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Ok. Are you the author of what you presented in your OP?

Mike Gendron-think I know where you are going with this.
J.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe Judas is likely a pattern for the son of perdition spoken of in 2 Thessalonians.
The Man of Sin is represented by him who sits as Christs victor upon a fleshly throne. This system is typified by its obscene wealth and prosperity.
As Jesus said the love of money is the root of all evil.
Correct.
Judas was in charge of the donations that were given to Jesus, and he protested when Mary anointed Jesus with her expensive perfume instead of selling it to "give to the ministry."
You have greater insight than the one who started this OP - well done!
And even now many antichrists have come - going by this criteria we have seen so many of them with big name ministries on television, and the number one thing they preach about and exhort people on is giving to their ministry and sowing seeds of money. They've been leading so many souls astray.
Correct...from the Vatican to the Properity Preachers all over the World they all represent the apostate system in the earth.

Here is the heart of the issue. Paul said "So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word or mouth or by letter" (2Th 2:15), and Paul seems to have begun specially marking his letters so as to establish their authenticity (2Th 3:17).

Today, if you read Johann's commentaries you will NOT see the Apostles teachings but the teaching of men. Early Church Fathers were decieved by the philosophical ramblings and lead them into all types of error.

"By us" is where one need to start and finish.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I mean it-there are lost souls-even on this Forum-and I don't need a to and fro with you.
J.
You are one of those lost souls Johann and you don't know it.
F2F

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I thought that you wrote the article. I complimented you on how beautiful you wrote it. You "liked" my compliment of "your" article.
So sorry-I made a stipulation to another member not to share anymore links unless asked for.
Now that you know, what are you going to do about it?
Busy at the moment-so say what you want to say-
J.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction

You can see Paul's word are immediately applicable to his first audience readers, otherwise why would he write it, right?

However, the subject matter clearly refers to Christ's second coming (look at 2 Th 2:8 & 1:7, 10) So both present and future situtations are being captured in Pauls words.

For example, Paul writes that God "deems it just to repay with affliction those who afflict you" (a present happening to the Thessalonians: 2 Th 1:4), "when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels" (still a future event: 2 Th 1:10).

So when the verb tenses in 2 Th 2 are found to be both present and future (thus allowing both a first century and a Last Days interpretation), it is not surprising to us, right?

So what should be expect about the "the man of lawlessness"

(1) refers to some wickedness in Paul's day,
(2) also points forward to something similar in our own day.

The question is this - what was Paul's present day "man of lawlessness" and how does it relate to the system revealed in the time leading up to Christ's coming?

Well, it's most definately Christian in origin.
It's heavily invested in power and authority in the earth
It's influenced Christianity for generations

Leave it with you.

F2F

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that you know, what are you going to do about it?

I performed a Google search immediately upon reading your OP and found the article elsewhere. I complimented you to see if you would give credit to the author. When you didn't, I considered the possibility that you and the author are one-in-the-same. When you acknowledged that you weren't you essentially confessed to plagiarism.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I performed a Google search immediately upon reading your OP and found the article elsewhere. I complimented you to see if you would give credit to the author. When you didn't, I considered the possibility that you and the author are one-in-the-same. When you acknowledged that you weren't you essentially confessed to plagiarism.
First-I have to laugh.
Second-I receive e mails from Mike.
Third-should I block you now-or later?
Let me know.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First-I have to laugh.
Second-I receive e mails from Mike.
Third-should I block you now-or later?
Let me know.

You could have responded to my compliment by telling the truth that it was written by another. I'm not condemning you; I'm only summarizing what occurred and how you could have handled it better. You're welcome.

Reactions: Johann

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Johann has a copy and paste faith. I've spoken to him about using other commentaries and articles before. It's another case of error being regurgitated over and over until the original error is unrecognisable. This is what happened in the early councils, each member would add their own signature to their teaching until today when no-one reads the Apostles with any respect to their authority.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here is the question that needs answering.

Who is the modern day Judaizers of Christianity yesterday, today and tomorrow?.....

Until he comes to put an end to this horrific system.

F2F

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Johann has a copy and paste faith. I've spoken to him about using other commentaries and articles before. It's another case of error being regurgitated over and over until the original error is unrecognisable. This is what happened in the early councils, each member would add their own signature to their teaching until today when no-one reads the Apostles with any respect to their authority.

F2F

It's common courtesy to give another credit for their work when sharing it with others. It's dishonest and dishonorable to accept credit for another's work after being complimented.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You could have responded to my compliment by telling the truth that it was written by another. I'm not condemning you; I'm only summarizing what occurred and how you could have handled it better. You're welcome.
If you are interested-here is the contact details.

Your submission has been received.

Address: 2829 Veranda Lane
Southlake, TX 76092

Phone Number: (817) 379-5300

Email: [email protected]

Reactions: Patrick1966

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't understand your question.
Judaism was the threat of apostacy in Paul’s day as it has been throughout all generations. If Judaism was false to those who held the faith of Abraham in Christ day - what is the equivalent in Christianity today?