Are Beliefs and Faith the Same?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i had gotten quite comfy with this myself, and i am not denying the point as far as it goes; however, faith is a noun for a reason i guess. Belief has several definitions, the ones posted earlier. i have faith, and i also have beliefs.
beliefs that i need to get rid of, in order to be open to the truth in whatever area the belief addresses; otherwise i must hold on to my "belief" as being "truth," when it cannot be

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
beliefs that i need to get rid of, in order to be open to the truth in whatever area the belief addresses; otherwise i must hold on to my "belief" as being "truth," when it cannot be

Agree., well said ....I think we all still have our "cherished beliefs " that we don't want to give up. Well, I don't, I have had over 50+ to drop and unload much of what I was first taught. :D
But yes, in truth I am sure I also have beliefs that I hang on to being still convinced that they are correct..but, only God can open my eyes to them , smack my head and change my mind and heart for me. I really don't want junk on my 'spiritual plate' which is untrue. ( mainly because I am running out of road now, less time to 'get it right'..and don't want to be lugging along with me heavy loads of wood, hay or stubble.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I am running out of road now, less time to 'get it right'..and don't want to be lugging along with me heavy loads of wood, hay or stubble.
oh, i just take it for granted that i am swimming in a sea of law, and thus sin, yet forgiven nonetheless, when i confess and do not deny, and rebound rather than repeat. It is our fruit that is judged within that, and you have lots of fruit, the chaff is not judged at all, i guess, it is burned up, right.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
oh, i just take it for granted that i am swimming in a sea of law, and thus sin, yet forgiven nonetheless, when i confess and do not deny, and rebound rather than repeat. It is our fruit that is judged within that, and you have lots of fruit, the chaff is not judged at all, i guess, it is burned up, right.

Amen...we can but walk and live in the light that has been revealed to us.
And trust the Lord that we are not missing the mark by too much!!
I guess that is what faith is all about.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then at the end of the road, if we have nothing but chaff and it is all burned up, what will be left of us? And then there was nothing! Not even an eternal place of torment for us!

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So then at the end of the road, if we have nothing but chaff and it is all burned up, what will be left of us? And then there was nothing! Not even an eternal place of torment for us!
amen; of course then the ego that we are all trying to get to be with God will no longer even exist, we will "die," but i guess this scares ppl, as we naturally identify through this construct. Even though we love dogs for essentially this same reason, lack of an ego

of course there is a place of eternal torment, too, but it is not where ppl imagine it to be, right

Reactions: amadeus