Are Beliefs and Faith the Same?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh...and that was my point...action was not worthless....he didn't have to 'believe or have any
faith' at all!
He could be just filled with simple childlike curiosity...food smelled good he
was hungry ..."Let's try this..."

We probably agree on faith and belief...just not this particular example, is all, my new friend.
ERROR, this was not my point, maybe yours. belief set the goal, and Faith goes and gets it. "Let's try this...", no, NOTHING childlike here, one need to know and understand, Faith unless acted upon is no good. but faith that have not a GOAL to act upon is no faith at all. belief active faith. see it's not you who do it, it is he/the Lord Jesus who do it for you. we have not because we ask not........ IN "FAITH".

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
and the healing happens through God gifted doctors and not in what Jesus has done, Matthew 8:17. Doctors are human, you're still sick...
i agree that first part can be a fair characterization; but unfortunately i am making a good living from people Drs could not cure, and their path seems much more prevalent wadr.

If you are sick, as opposed to accidentally damaged, imo the conversation should change there. It should be acknowledged that doctors are for accidents iow; yet Drs are mostly consulted by the "sick." And i suggest that this is a path to destruction, usually. Almost always. The antibiotics that (he gets a commish on) cure your symptoms today are the ones that destroy your health for that inevitable Dr visit again tomorrow.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That is why most Christians normally say "I believe in God" instead of always saying "God is". This is where faith comes into it.
nice. weird how saying "i believe in God" actually...means something subtly different, huh. that i didn't see until i read this.
i still can't even put it into words lol. but there it is. being nonplussed drives me insane lol, i'll be on this for the rest of the day

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Faith is an agreement that a belief will become fruitful (become obvious). So in this regard, faith is a belief but more so.
Faith unreserved is already at the stage of being obviously so. This type of faith, coupled with Truth, creates miracles (manifestations).
nice. what is so...beautiful about those is how quietly they manifest; someone standing right next to the miracle, even watching it happen, who does not happen to be in possession of all the facts--just a bystander iow--can witness the same miracle one is witnessing manifesting, and be like "meh; it's just a ______, what's the big deal?"

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Uh-huh, and there s only ONE Light - and God isn't going to lead somebody to only PART of that light.
hmm. i dunno, here a little, there a little. Light is fractured into seven (7) discernable wavelengths, for us; i think this makes a statement. Iow it likely isn't so much about what God leads to, as what an individual can...ha, "absorb" at the time

Reactions: Richard_oti

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You cannot reject His Church and expect to find the fullness of Truth
ya, that's what we keep trying to impress upon you, imo. Not being facetious here. If you define the Church incorrectly, are you not rejecting the Church? Understand i am not saying that you are currently defining the Church incorrectly; that is for you to decide; but are you even still reading lol. Prolly i should put some yack in here to obscure that just a bit, and i'm done.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, that's what we keep trying to impress upon you, imo. Not being facetious here. If you define the Church incorrectly, are you not rejecting the Church? Understand i am not saying that you are currently defining the Church incorrectly; that is for you to decide; but are you even still reading lol. Prolly i should put some yack in here to obscure that just a bit, and i'm done.
No - I already know what the Church is.
Here is the Biblical definition:

- Jesus established ONE Church (Matt. 16:16-19). He prayed fervently that this Church remain ONE - as He and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23). There is NO other.
- Jesus is Truth itself (John 14:6).
- Jesus promised His Church that the Holy Spirit would guide her to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).
- The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
- The Church is the Body of Christ and He is the Head (1 Cor. 12:12-31, Eph. 4:3-6, Col. 1:8).
- The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).
- Jesus gave the Church supreme Authority on earth and whatever it ordains on earth is also ordained in heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 20:21-23).
- Jesus identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm. i dunno, here a little, there a little. Light is fractured into seven (7) discernable wavelengths, for us; i think this makes a statement. Iow it likely isn't so much about what God leads to, as what an individual can...ha, "absorb" at the time
God will NEVER lead you only to the partial light or truth.
If you're only getting part of it - you only have yourself to blame.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God will NEVER lead you only to the partial light or truth.
If you're only getting part of it - you only have yourself to blame.
ha well ok but it is characterized as blame here when really it is just How It Is. Iow God cannot lead anyone into anything other than a better understanding than they had; not any "complete enlightenment."

God can only lead you into partial truth

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well ok but it is characterized as blame here when really it is just How It Is. Iow God cannot lead anyone into anything other than a better understanding than they had; not any "complete enlightenment."

God can only lead you into partial truth
John 16:12-15
“I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now.
But when he comes, the Spirit of truth,
he will guide you to ALL truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to YOU the things that are coming.
He will glorify me, because
he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.
Everything that the Father has is MINE; for this reason I told you that he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.

God leads His Church to ALL truth. If you are only getting PART of it - don't blame Him.
You never actually READ the Scriptures - do you?

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Truth is complete and has no needs or wants for itself. That is why it is unconditional. To express Truth, is to also be unconditional.
It is the humble and meek (the unconditional) who allow the Spirit of Truth to guide them to all truth.

If a person is tense, impatient, unforgiving, and revengeful, they are not allowing the Spirit of Truth (God's will) to guide them. Instead, they are running on self-will. They are internally saying "I'll teach you".

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth is complete and has no needs or wants for itself. That is why it is unconditional. To express Truth, is to also be unconditional.
It is the humble and meek (the unconditional) who allow the Spirit of Truth to guide them to all truth.

If a person is tense, impatient, unforgiving, and revengeful, they are not allowing the Spirit of Truth (God's will) to guide them. Instead, they are running on self-will. They are internally saying "I'll teach you".
I couldn't agree with you more.