Are Beliefs and Faith the Same?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Amen to that
ha so i had this epiphany one day, about there really only being three (3) kinds of people, Hippies, Fundies, and Atheists, right; ok well Fundies and Atheists end up being the same, but diff, so say two (2) kinds of people. And the Fundies (and thus by extension those who goto/away from the Book for their direction) are basically just those, all of us, who scoffed at the Hippy (you) they got sent first, prolly got sent like (2) or 3 of them even, but of course we had bigger plans, we're gonna do Big Things for Jesus, and Hippies just aren't...serious enough, see

:D

they got no proof

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
433333_1.jpg

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if this has been said. Faith and belief means the same.

Faith is a noun, while believe, is a verb. Hence, synonymous.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

ha well i guess 'synonymous' is less defined than i had imagined also lol, not a huge surprise. Faith and belief do share a definition, they can be synonymous, yes. The issue i hoped to bring out is that this can be overdone, and the two are also quite distinct in other ways. Someone else just recently brought out the noun/verb thing, which is imo an important point that has not been much explored yet. We often say that faith is an action verb iow, when Scripture seems to say the opposite.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well i guess 'synonymous' is less defined than i had imagined also lol, not a huge surprise. Faith and belief do share a definition, they can be synonymous, yes. The issue i hoped to bring out is that this can be overdone, and the two are also quite distinct in other ways. Someone else just recently brought out the noun/verb thing, which is imo an important point that has not been much explored yet. We often say that faith is an action verb iow, when Scripture seems to say the opposite.

Faith and believe are both action words. To "believe" is something we do or act upon. However, the Bible is its own dictionary.

1 Thessalonians 1:3 reads:
"Remembering without ceasing your work of faith and labour of love..."

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is a Noun because who Faith is.

peace in Christ Yeshua

I know who Faith is and the Scripture reference, and since you did not divulge the Scripture reference, do you know where it is?

To God Be The Glory

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know who Faith is and the Scripture reference, and since you did not divulge the Scripture reference, do you know where it is?

To God Be The Glory
since you know why should I divulge?

Peace in Christ Jesus/Yeshua

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Faith and believe are both action words. To "believe" is something we do or act upon. However, the Bible is its own dictionary.

1 Thessalonians 1:3 reads:
"Remembering without ceasing your work of faith and labour of love..."
i had gotten quite comfy with this myself, and i am not denying the point as far as it goes; however, faith is a noun for a reason i guess. Belief has several definitions, the ones posted earlier. i have faith, and i also have beliefs.

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i had gotten quite comfy with this myself, and i am not denying the point as far as it goes; however, faith is a noun for a reason i guess. Belief has several definitions, the ones posted earlier. i have faith, and i also have beliefs.
the I is a good assessment, because, Romans 12:3 "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith".

now only one need to know who this FAITH is that is dealt to every man. and yes, the I here, have it.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
since you know why should I divulge?

Peace in Christ Jesus/Yeshua

For the benefit of the readers here, and since it was you who brought it up. Was this a difficult request?

To God Be The Glory

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, and I didn't bring any of it up U did,

but I seen where this is going, no never mind, start with Hebrews, 11:3, but I'll start at Genesis 1:1

peace in Christ Jesus.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, and I didn't bring any of it up U did,

I suppose you had forgotten what you've said in post #92, and my response in post #93.

but I seen where this is going, no never mind, start with Hebrews, 11:3, but I'll start at Genesis 1:1

The scripture references above are irrelevant to your statement "who Faith is," and since you don't know, I will divulge.

Revelation 19:11 reads:
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Anyone can make a statement but without scripture references it is vanity.

To God Be The Glory

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. my, my, my, my, my. what a wonderful day it is in the neighborhood.
I suppose you had forgotten what you've said in post #92, and my response in post #93.
yes, to your response.
The scripture references above are irrelevant to your statement "who Faith is," and since you don't know, I will divulge.

Revelation 19:11 reads:
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Anyone can make a statement but without scripture references it is vanity.

To God Be The Glory
when I saw your response "above" and the Scripture you used, I didn't want to laugh :). but everyone need to learn. Let me ask you this, since you say I'm vanity in the scriptures. You quoted Revelation 19:11, I quoted Hebrews 11:3, to start. let's read John 1:10 "He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not". question J2, "who made the world here in this scripture", answer please. and once you answer then we will see who is vain.

Peace in Christ Jesus/Yeshua.