Are Christians as Strong as the ACLU?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IBelieve

Mar 2, 2007
I believe so! Well, I believe we can be, if we make ourselves more aware of the religious liberty issues occurring in litigation, policy, and practice across our nation. I have often wondered why we as Christians - a strong, large, positive group in the US - have not done more to impact and engage our culture, especially seeing how proactive the ACLU is in removing the name of Jesus and all Christian rights from our nation.This is exactly the reasoning that brought me to work for Advocates for Faith and Freedom, a nonprofit law firm that protects our religious liberty in the courts. The attorneys here have been proactive and influential in protecting traditional marriage in California, fighting for the right of Christians to live out their Christian faith in every aspect of their lives, and many other pertinent religious liberty cases. If you have ever wondered why Christians have not been more proactive in engaging the culture and standing up for Christians' rights, then I encourage you to take a look at this organization (at faith-freedom.com), sign up for the newsletter to keep up-to-date on religious liberty cases across the US, and pray for the attorneys who are in the trenches fighting for our freedoms as Christians. It's freedom of religion, not freedom from religion, right??I appreciate your thoughts and insight. This is a cause that I believe every Christian should be aware of. It's not just ignorance that is stalling a positive Christian movement...it's indifference!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Through Christ we are stronger than anything that can be mustered against us. However, that doesn't mean the powers and principalities of the earthly kind won't have a reign (Jesus told us they would). This is actually a cause I have been somewhat active in. It's quite scary what some of these groups are saying. Glad to see you out there doing what you are.