Are Doctrines affected by Modern Versions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And do you have evidence of that actually occurring in the most popular reputable versions?

I believe that he will say yes, he does, but why should he throw his pearls of wisdom before . . . . . . (you know the phrase.)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because he needs to actually prove his claim. Nobody has actually done that yet other than emotional nonsense.
One God one Spirit but you have to chose which is the most reputable version of His word, that is the definition of Nonsense, and Christ who is His word, has a rather good reputation, just seemingly not in the world of "smart men".

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How many people here speak foreign languages?

I use to speak gibberish many years ago, but no longer use that language as it would be foreign to many others. :cool: :D :rolleyes: ;)

Unfortunately I have lost the habit through my none use of that language for quite a few years now.

How many here speak Strine?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use to speak gibberish many years ago, but no longer use that language as it would be foreign to many others. :cool: :D :rolleyes: ;)

Unfortunately I have lost the habit through my none use of that language for quite a few years now.

How many here speak Strine?
It's Winter up here, so I have no idea what you said. LOL

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of course I would. But seeing as I have now asked several times and nobody has given anything....

Let us test you.

Has Genesis 12:1 been correctly translated?

A simple Yes or No answer will do, with your justification of your rational. (Remember the translation of this into English has been around for about 500 years.)

Shalom

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Has Genesis 12:1 been correctly translated?
Of course it has been correctly translated. Why is this even an issue?

וַיֹּ֤אמֶר יְהוָה֙ אֶל־אַבְרָ֔ם לֶךְ־לְךָ֛ מֵאַרְצְךָ֥ וּמִמֹּֽולַדְתְּךָ֖ וּמִבֵּ֣ית אָבִ֑יךָ אֶל־הָאָ֖רֶץ אֲשֶׁ֥ר אַרְאֶֽךָּ׃
The literal rendering is: And had said Yahweh to Abram, Get out of your country (מֵאַרְצְךָ֥ mê-’ar-ṣə-ḵā), and from your family, and from the house of your father, to a land (הָאָ֖רֶץ hā-’ā-reṣ) that I will show you.

KJV Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

וַיֹּ֤אמֶר יְהוָה֙ אֶל־אַבְרָ֔ם לֶךְ־לְךָ֛ מֵאַרְצְךָ֥ וּמִמֹּֽולַדְתְּךָ֖ וּמִבֵּ֣ית אָבִ֑יךָ אֶל־הָאָ֖רֶץ אֲשֶׁ֥ר אַרְאֶֽךָּ׃
The literal rendering is: And had said Yahweh to Abram, Get out of your country (מֵאַרְצְךָ֥ mê-’ar-ṣə-ḵā), and from your family, and from the house of your father, to a land (הָאָ֖רֶץ hā-’ā-reṣ) that I will show you.

KJV Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
Yeah I don't understand the issue either.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
GINOLJC, to all.
I must admit, yes, some modern version can affect doctrine, but upon hearing some posts in another topics last night I was just blown away at how some christian, even in leadership position, can be so delusional that even what they are reading they cannot accept.

so my take now is a combination of modern version and years of traditional false teaching is at fault. where are the trend setters? the independent thinker? it seems that everyone is just following, not matter what, at no cost.

people are not thinking about what they read, they just put on their doctrine reading glases and don't care. but the bible is TRUE,
2 Thessalonians 2:10 "And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2 Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2 Thessalonians 2:12 "That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

as MC Hammer said, "I cain't touch that".

PICJAG.

Bold statements! How far will you go with your declarations?

How far will anybody on this forum go with what they say they believe about Scripture translation?

I can give many examples where modern translations BRAZENLY made changes which directly contradict the KJV and Greek Texts for the only purpose to support ancient unscriptural doctrine.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How far will anybody on this forum go with what they say they believe about Scripture translation?
Probably as far as you and some even further...

When Jesus becomes Lord, your life becomes His, once your life becomes His, ever day is His, simply because, for those who love Him one day is not enogh.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ac

Actually you are making the claim, what about it is wrong?

Sorry David, I was not making any claim in my question to you. I was only attempting to fact checking your credentials. It seems, with your refusal to answer my specific question, that your credentials fall very short of the mark.

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Your credentials, like David Taylor's, also do not stack up well going by your response to my question of David.

Shalom