Are ghosts real?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are ghosts real?

• Total voters

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This isn't true. First of all the scriptures say because of the womans description of the person she was seeing Saul said it was Gods Prophet Samuel. That isn't proof that it was Gods Prophet Samuel. God tells the Israelites to have nothing to do with those who speak to the dead. You honestly think God was pleased with what Saul did when he associated with a person who talked to the dead, when he had commanded the people to not have anything to do with any person who talked to the dead.

Also the scriptures said that God would not speak to Saul, but you believe that God could be forced to speak with Saul by some person who spoke to the dead. If God would not speak to Saul when Saul prayed to him or God wouldn't use any of his prophets to speak to Saul, you think God would use a demonic way of communication to speak to Saul, when the scriptures are very clear that God doesn't talk to his people at anytime through demonic means of communication.You believe that God would approve anyone including the prophet Samuel to communicate through demonic means of communication.

The reason God told the Israelites to not have anything to do with those who spoke to the dead was, the dead are dead. A human being that has died doesn't exist any longer. Genesis 2:7 is proof of that. It takes a combination of a flesh and blood body with the breath of life(spirit) in that flesh and blood body that makes a living soul or living person. The breath of life(spirit) on it's own without the flesh and blood body isn't a living soul or living person. So those who say they speak to the dead are liars and if they actually do speak to someone it's a demon they are speaking and it's a demon speaking to them.

Do YOU think Cain married a sister ?

Why did God NOT strike down Lots daughters when they had sex with their biological to preserve their family ?

ECT. ECT. Ect. Check all through the word at why or why not.

GET REAL, many are the mysteries of God and ONLY HE REALLY KNOWS ALL.

I don't live in suppositions or what others say IT means but I wait on the Spirit to guide me.

You don't get to PRESUME anything of what I believe so take your thoughts and bury them like the servant with his master's talent.....I don't have time to waste on this.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do YOU think Cain married a sister ?

Why did God NOT strike down Lots daughters when they had sex with their biological to preserve their family ?

ECT. ECT. Ect. Check all through the word at why or why not.

GET REAL, many are the mysteries of God and ONLY HE REALLY KNOWS ALL.

I don't live in suppositions or what others say IT means but I wait on the Spirit to guide me.

You don't get to PRESUME anything of what I believe so take your thoughts and bury them like the servant with his master's talent.....I don't have time to waste on this.
You want to lie to yourself that God and his faithful servants speak by demonic means of communication then that's your choice, you want convince me of that. That wasn't the prophet Samuel that king Saul was communicating with, and God doesn't use demonic ways of communication. Those who spoke to the dead were those who were on the side of Satan. Anyone who believes in ghosts are believing Satan is telling the truth when he says to humans that a person does not die. Those who are dead are dead. Those who are dead are no longer living persons, if you believe they are living persons then you're calling YHWH God a liar.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want to lie to yourself that God and his faithful servants speak by demonic means of communication then that's your choice, you want convince me of that. That wasn't the prophet Samuel that king Saul was communicating with, and God doesn't use demonic ways of communication. Those who spoke to the dead were those who were on the side of Satan. Anyone who believes in ghosts are believing Satan is telling the truth when he says to humans that a person does not die. Those who are dead are dead. Those who are dead are no longer living persons, if you believe they are living persons then you're calling YHWH God a liar.

I really DONT CARE WHAT ....YOU THINK OR BELIEVE!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That wasn't the prophet Samuel that king Saul was communicating with

Yes, it was Samuel!

The scriptures say so:

“And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up?” (1 Samuel 28:15)

Samuel was briefly awakened out of his sleep (1 Thessalonians 4:14).

In fact God threatened those who practiced this art:

“Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.” (Ezekiel 13:20)

Men always come up with some nonsensical “theological” dung to deny plain biblical doctrine.

But since “soul sleep” is erroneously denied, by extension events like these “must” mean something else other than what is written. Error leads to error leads to error…

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really DONT CARE WHAT ....YOU THINK OR BELIEVE![/QUOTE\]

Obviously you think God speaks to us through demonic ways of communication which is exactly what a person who talks to the dead is doing. You don't think Gid knows what you are doing when you teach that God speaks to us through demonic ways of communication?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d For example, in Hebrews 1 we see that angels are ministering spirits. Good spirits. (Although some angels fell.) Sometimes ppl like to look to angels, but Hebrews 12.2 exhorts us to keep 'looking unto Jesus' (even as we know that angels are there in the background).

Yes you are correct. Won't it be an eye opener to some ppl to see how wrong they were about MANY things ?

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it was Samuel!

The scriptures say so:

“And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up?” (1 Samuel 28:15)

If fact God threatened those who practiced this art:

“Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.” (Ezekiel 13:20)

Men always come up with some nonsensical “theological” dung to deny plain biblical doctrine.

But since “soul sleep” is erroneously denied, by extension events like these “must” mean something else other than what is written. Error leads to error leads to error…
Very good my friend . We stick to what the scriptures say . Yes indeed . Let GOD be true but every man a liar
And let the scriptures be true but the docrtrines of men tested big time .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, it was Samuel!

The scriptures say so:

Strictly speaking, what has come to be known as 'soul sleep' is contrary to what Paul says: "absent from the body'; "present with the Lord" (2 Corinthians 5.8).

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh hush up, Barney.
You just want to argue.
I'll just ignore you so you won't keep pestering me.
Bye.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it was Samuel!

The scriptures say so:

The fact you say scripture said it was Samuel shows that you haven't read this scripture clearly. The scripture said that the woman who talked to the dead when she said she was seeing someone, described that person she was seeing to King Saul, and it was King Saul who concluded it was the prophet Samuel by the description the woman gave him. That doesn't prove it was the Prophet Samuel. It was not God who said it was the Prophet Samuel. This scripture that God inspired to be written down simply tells us what King Saul concluded from the description that was given him by the woman who talked to the dead. That isn't saying that it was God who said it was the Prophet Samuel.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strictly speaking, what has come to be known as 'soul sleep' is contrary to what Paul says: "absent from the body'; "present with the Lord" (2 Corinthians 5.8).

This is just a matter of discernment @farouk

Compare these writings: one is doctrinal teaching, the other is expressing desire.

Doctrine:

“For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:” (1 Thessalonians 4:15-16)

Are asleep” is declarative language.

Wishful desirous expressions:

“We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.” (2 Corinthians 5:8)

“For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:” (Philippians 1:23)

willing” and “desire” are not declarations.

I’m willing and desirous to be with the Lord too! But there’s a process that has to be gone through before it happens. And that process is what Paul laid out doctrinally in 1 Thessalonians 4.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture said that the woman who talked to the dead when she said she was seeing someone

Try to focus!

The inspired writer said that it was Samuel!

You can’t proceed with your assumptions beyond this sentence. There’s no debate here.

Reactions: amigo de christo

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh hush up, Barney.
You just want to argue.
I'll just ignore you so you won't keep pestering me.
Bye.

No I'm just worried about your eternal life because by the way you choose to believe and teach you're saying many lies about God. You are saying he associates with demons and approves of their way of communication. You're saying that a person doesn't die because you believe that the prophet Samuel is still living, which is calling God a liar because he tells us that at death a person is no longer a living person.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are saying he associates with demons and approves of their way of communication.

This is Just your carnal mind working against you. You are frowardly the decider of what is appropriate even when the scripture disturbs your way of thinking…

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This is just a matter of discernment @farouk

Compare these writings: one is doctrinal teaching, the other is expressing desire.

Doctrine:

“For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:” (1 Thessalonians 4:15-16)

Are asleep” is declarative language.

Wishful desirous expressions:

“We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.” (2 Corinthians 5:8)

“For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:” (Philippians 1:23)

willing” and “desire” are not declarations.

I’m willing and desirous to be with the Lord too! But there’s a process that has to be gone through before it happens. And that process is what Paul laid out doctrinally in 1 Thessalonians 4.
In verse 15, Paul is speaking of those believers who have already passed into the Lord's presence.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Sam.28: 5- 8
Breaking the Law of Moses,Saul sought out prophesy for his final end. Therefore HE sought out a witch....Ex.22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live,

1 Sam.28:11
Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up for THEE? And he said,Bring me up Samuel.
And when the woman saw SAMUEL,she cried with a loud voice: ..........[.then she knew he was king Saul ]
14...,.., and Saul perceived it was Samuel by description,
15 AND SAMUEL SAID TO SAUL,WHY HAST THOU DISQUIETED ME,TO BRING ME UP?

The word says Samuel so I believe Samuel.
At this time apparently the souls did not return to God.
Remember when Jesus was 3 days into his death,the word says he preached to the prisoners.
1 Peter3:19
Mat.27:50-53
When Jesus gave up the GHOST, the veil in the temple was rent from top to bottom......
52. And the graves were opened; and MANY bodies of the saints which SLEPT AROSE,
53. And CAME OUT OF THE GRAVES AFTER HIS RESURRECTION,AND WENT INTO THE HOLY CITY, AND APPESRED UNTO .....MANY.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In verse 15, Paul is speaking of those believers who have already passed into the Lord's presence.

Nope.

“For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent [go before] them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first” (1 Thessalonians 4:15-16)

They will rise first when Christ comes, and then we:

“In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye …shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.” (1 Corinthians 15:52)

Your traditional belief makes this scripture make no sense.