Are Protestants "saved? "

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Which denomination of Protestantism protests the best or the most? I would think the better the protest the better the Protestant...since it is based on protesting.

Is it possible to protest too much? Like someone REALLY wants to deny he is gay?

(As in...thou doth protest too much
Overly insistent about something, to the point where the opposite is most likely true.
Someone emphatically stating how much one hates gossiping, that one would never engage in this sort of behavior. This implies that, "thou doth protest too much" and may in fact be a gossip.)

If there are no Catholics around...how protesting should a Protestant be?

No doubt the Baptists are the best protestants on earth. I mean, they believe what the bible says about baptism don't they and the priesthood of all believers. And they are right about the second coming. Not to mention sanctification. And they eschew alcohol. You can always tell a Baptist by the halo on their heads and when they walk they are a couple of feet off the ground.

Definitely the Baptists for me. I have been told we will have our own house in heaven. All the other riff-raff will have to make do.

Did anyone mention water?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Forget your legalism; it won't save you. Theology won't save you. Loving God and loving your neighbor will save you.

Christians reject nothing that is true and holy in other religions.

You are still advocating that our works save us. That is not the gospel. We are saved by faith in Christ... In the shed blood at Calvary. Now while I wholeheartedly would say that without the love you speak of none will be saved... Our love does not save us. There is a difference.

KJV Matthew 7
Be Doers of the Word
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Does God prefer one religious bent to another? Or is that about us?

As in.."I can believe anything I want based on a verse taken out of context"
Jesus said simply those born of the Spirit. It is a mystery, a spiritual reality that only over time shows itself.

Denominations, traditions are just clothes, it is the heart of each that reveals the reality.

A young family I know, covid 19, one daughter, depression, over weight and going down hill, heart breaking. Does ones heart break and cry to God for mercy to grant repentance or just have dispassionate distance?

I know many with the outer show who bend and break, whose prayers and pleas rises to our King. It is they who see Him, who know His favour. God bless you.

Reactions: Episkopos

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for responding.

a few thoughts

I agree about your thoughts, only one view can be right.

Since the first view is held by the Catholic Church, the Orthodox Church, the church of Christ, some baptist denominations, and many others

does that make them all part of the one church ?

and for you to suggest god does not have the right to chose, that’s scary

and I know. So not sure why you would question if we can know or not, God did not leave us without proof.
Hi EG,

Just because 5 denominations have one common doctrine with each other does not mean they are all part of one Church. That makes zero sense and I never even suggested anything like that.

I never suggested that “God does not have the right to chose (choose)” How did you pull that out of my statement?

You dodged my question: He gives us the truth in Scripture but then we are to never KNOW the truth????

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok lets do this, I bring 100 of my friends to you, and all 100 of us tell you you are wrong. And we go through scripture with you covering in the OT and NT to show you how you are wrong. You still disagree with us, so we take you to our church, and we suggest you fulfill math 18: 17.

Will you listen to us. Or still listen to the MEN in your church?

I know your answer, No, Because you THINK your church is the only church

Me? I do not care what churhc you went to. If what your church taught did not line up with the word of God I would not listen to them.
Ummmmm.....OK....thank you.....You just made my point repeating MY scenario!!!

Soooooo can you see how YOUR interpretation of Matthew 18:17 is not sustainable??? Only ONE Church has the authority to decide who is to be treated as a pagan/tax collector. Your interpretation suggest that EVERY church makes that decision for the members of that specific Church. It’s not logical and it is opposite of Scripture.

Thank you for your time....Mary

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi EG,

Just because 5 denominations have one common doctrine with each other does not mean they are all part of one Church. That makes zero sense and I never even suggested anything like that.

Actually yes you did, Your the one who brought the example of baptism for salvation vs baptism because of salvation, in trying to prove who is the correct church.

I was showing you how your example does not fit. I pray you see how I was right in that area.

I never suggested that “God does not have the right to chose (choose)” How did you pull that out of my statement?

You dodged my question: He gives us the truth in Scripture but then we are to never KNOW the truth????

Patient Mary

I answered your question. I guess you were unable to see it. here let me repost it
and I know. So not sure why you would question if we can know or not, God did not leave us without proof.
Again, You need to open up a bit, You are programed to give your responses, and programed to think you know what others think, (I say this because almost every catholic I have had a discussion with says the exact same things, as if I have never heard it before. This only happens when people are programed or taught what to believe and what to say, I know, I also was this way, in many of my baptist beliefs, and how I reacted to people. When i saw what I was doing, and actually opened up. I realized I was wrong and I lso needed to speak for what I personally believe, not what I was told. plus, I will be held accountable for my personal beliefs, Not for what someone else tells me to believe. You want to place your eternity in the hands of men, That's fine. But don;t get angry for people who want to put their eternity in Gods hands, And any man they listen to, is not blindly followed. But tested in all he preached.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmm.....OK....thank you.....You just made my point repeating MY scenario!!!

Soooooo can you see how YOUR interpretation of Matthew 18:17 is not sustainable??? Only ONE Church has the authority to decide who is to be treated as a pagan/tax collector. Your interpretation suggest that EVERY church makes that decision for the members of that specific Church. It’s not logical and it is opposite of Scripture.

Thank you for your time....Mary

No, I can see your interpretation is unsustainable

You assume its your church. That assumption is based on what you have been taught, Not what reality says. You follow them because of what they tell you. Just like the jews followed their leaders because they told them to.
The bible tells us who to be treated as a tax collector and pagan

And jesus told us, because of his faith, the tax collector went home justified

where the religious leader of the church of Israel went home condemned

I pray you become like the tax collector. and stop following the church of rome.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just like the jews followed their leaders because they told them to.
No.
See in Scripture, in Torah, in the Prophets, in the Psalms, in the New Testament, why disciples , why Ekklesia, serving the Creator, obey their leaders.

i.e. God's Instructions.

In the counterfeit gospel, it is all wrong, misused, misleading, and saves no one.

As written: Torah (God's Instructions) is GOOD when it is used as God Directs.
Torah misused, is not good.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God saves who He will. You're betting that only those in the right club get to be saved. That's what the Pharisees said. Anyone who decides for God who will be saved and who will not, is kidding himself. And it's a grave insult to God.
God says who He Saves.
It is written clearly in the Bible.

He also says who is already condemned today.

He also says who will be still condemned tomorrow.

It is all clearly written , even in English, in the Bible.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.
See in Scripture, in Torah, in the Prophets, in the Psalms, in the New Testament, why disciples , why Ekklesia, serving the Creator, obey their leaders.

i.e. God's Instructions.

In the counterfeit gospel, it is all wrong, misused, misleading, and saves no one.

As written: Torah (God's Instructions) is GOOD when it is used as God Directs.
Torah misused, is not good.
yes

in jesus day the jews followed their leaders. because they told them too

The same leaders who crucified christ, because he did not fit their system.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes

in jesus day the jews followed their leaders. because they told them too

The same leaders who crucified christ, because he did not fit their system.
No,

God told the Jews what to do. His Word Today Even Instructs Those Who Listen to Him.

yes, some of the Jews, just like the gentiles, followed because they were told to, and usually because they want to.

And God Instructs all of His children what to do, who to abide in (JESUS !) , who to follow (see in His Word, not in man's sayings) .

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forget your legalism; it won't save you. Theology won't save you. Loving God and loving your neighbor will save you.
You are still advocating that our works save us.

As God says we are justified by works.

That is not the gospel.

Well, let's take a look...

James 2:24 Do you see that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only?

A cafeteria Christian takes the parts he likes and rejects the rest. Don't be a cafeteria Christian.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God says who He Saves.
It is written clearly in the Bible.

It is...

Matthew 25:31 And when the Son of man shall come in his majesty, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit upon the seat of his majesty. [32] And all nations shall be gathered together before him, and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats: [33] And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left. [34] Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. [35] For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in:

[36] Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me. [37] Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, and fed thee; thirsty, and gave thee drink? [38] And when did we see thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and covered thee? [39] Or when did we see thee sick or in prison, and came to thee? [40] And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.

Those people. Notice nothing about a theology test or belonging to the right club? There's a reason for that. Listen to Him and act accordingly.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is...

Matthew 25:31 And when the Son of man shall come in his majesty, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit upon the seat of his majesty. [32] And all nations shall be gathered together before him, and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats: [33] And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left. [34] Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. [35] For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in:

[36] Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me. [37] Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, and fed thee; thirsty, and gave thee drink? [38] And when did we see thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and covered thee? [39] Or when did we see thee sick or in prison, and came to thee? [40] And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.

Those people. Notice nothing about a theology test or belonging to the right club? There's a reason for that. Listen to Him and act accordingly.
I fear for you

You talk about theology and the right club.. Yet that is exactly what you are promoting, roman catholic theology and belonging to their club

Reactions: Joseph77

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As God says we are justified by works.

Well, let's take a look...

James 2:24 Do you see that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only?

A cafeteria Christian takes the parts he likes and rejects the rest. Don't be a cafeteria Christian.
I hope when Jesus asks you about romans 4. and the book of john, and all the other passages, where even in the OT, he showed how we are saved by faith and faith in him only, You do not try to push James down his throat like you do us.

Because he is not like us, He can and WILL show you what James realy meant, and you WILL be required to listen

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mmm. The thing is, what is true and holy according to the Catholic Church can be very different to what is considered true and holy by others.

It's why, for example you reject God's word that one is justified by works. But the good thing for you, is He doesn't care about your theology, so long as you do the will of the Father:

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doth the will of my Father who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.

And that difference had been the divider and cause of death throughout history.

Humans seem to have no end of trouble doing His will. But Jesus showed the way out of that cycle of revenge and death, if you'll only take it.

So while on the surface your quotes sound generous and appealing,

I'm showing you the word of God. If you'd only set your pride aside and do it His way, you'd no longer be troubled by this.

they are in reality smoke and mirrors.

God is truth. And a Christian should never fear the truth. Find a way to do it His way.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's why, for example you reject God's word that one is justified by works. But the good thing for you, is He doesn't care about your theology, so long as you do the will of the Father:

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doth the will of my Father who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Humans seem to have no end of trouble doing His will. But Jesus showed the way out of that cycle of revenge and death, if you'll only take it.

I'm showing you the word of God. If you'd only set your pride aside and do it His way, you'd no longer be troubled by this.

God is truth. And a Christian should never fear the truth. Find a way to do it His way.

Your showing people your interpretation of the word.

I wish you would grasp the whole word. and not just a few verses you think support your theory..

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fear for you

When you learn to accept God's word as it is, you won't fear at all.

You talk about theology and the right club.. Yet that is exactly what you are promoting, roman catholic theology and belonging to their club

No. As you have learned, and as I've shown you, God won't be giving you a theology test, and He won't care what club you were in. So long as you do his will (see Matthew 25 for details) you will spend eternity with him. So you can be saved whatever denomination you're in. I know some people take a sort of glee in supposing that those who don't agree with them will spend an eternity in Hell. But it's all foolishness.

Let God's word guide you.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your showing people your interpretation of the word.

I'm showing you God's word, not mine.

I wish you would grasp the whole word.

You just showed everyone that you accept only part of God's word and reject the rest. If you'd accept it all, and not just a few verses you think support your new doctrines, you wouldn't deny what God says in scripture.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(with hope, asking) So , you do not promote nor trust the roman cathlic club ?