Are Protestants "saved? "

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . . as if we would then have something of which to boast!

There is a true freedom, a full release, in knowing that Jesus has made us free. If we believe He has done it, we can live in that truth. But if we don't believe, we don't.

So the choice is ours. Struggle trying to do the right thing in our own strength, or trust in Jesus, and find freedom.

Much love!
As he promised,

Come to me you who are weary and heavy laden,

and I will give you rest.

Reactions: marks

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Because I have to

Or because I need it for my own benefit..

See how context can make the same words mean different things?
well, "have to" and "need it" seem awfully close together imo, so maybe i am not getting you there, sorry
Truth is the same thing as the evidence of the truth?

Interesting definitions you have.
you keep applying the definition to me, but i did not define AT?
as to your first Q i dont get it, sorry
Or projected.

That can only mean that you only believe in what you see. But the just, they live by faith. Completely different.
yeh, no condemnation implied there, eh

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah well i guess that would require that you be the arbiter of "true and solid," right? are you?

This is what the LORD says: “For three transgressions of Edom, even four, I will not revoke My judgment, because he pursued his brother with the sword and stifled all compassion; his anger raged continually, and his fury flamed incessantly.
? what ?
If your or anyone's posts are truth, they will stand the test, and they won't be offended being challenged either.
A sure sign someone's not right, is they get easily offended. (I think there's a dozen or more Scriptures verifying this) ....

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. I might add that if a Christian today isn't being vexed or harassed in some way, then his light ain't shining.
Do you, or someone, remember where it is written "unless you are weeping (deeply grieved) by the conditions today (the vast sinfulness and wickednesses daily), you are not my disciple" (paraphrased) .
i.e. all of the ones born again are deeply vexed , grieved daily, same as Lot was. (and Jesus) (Jesus FIRST! - Most Important ! of course) ....

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
please note

Jacob was just as immoral as Esau

Who both are just as guilty as every man woman and child who ever lived, but one, His name was Jesus

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
please note

Who both are just as guilty as every man woman and child who ever lived, but one, His name was Jesus

False of course. The bible says that Jacob was "tam"...innocent of evil. And he then became "shalem"...raised to an intimate place with God.

The bible says none of those things concerning Esau.

So you are inventing things...or just repeating what you have been told to believe.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False of course. The bible says that Jacob was "tam"...innocent of evil. And he then became "shalem"...raised to an intimate place with God.
So you are inventing things...or just repeating what you have been told to believe.
Careful with that one - he likes to turn people in for saying these things - and some of the ones not paying attention to the context listen to him.
I simply asked him to provide ANY Scripture, for his 'beliefs'/ POSTS he posted/
and he had none.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 9 said Jacob was chosen before he was even born, and before either of them did one good deed.

Now Edom (also called Esau) they were an evil bunch who was destroyed by God.

But esau vs jacob? is was jacob who sinned against esau, not the other way around.. Yet Esau found forgiveness.. and forgave his brother.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you, or someone, remember where it is written "unless you are weeping (deeply grieved) by the conditions today (the vast sinfulness and wickednesses daily), you are not my disciple" (paraphrased) .
i.e. all of the ones born again are deeply vexed , grieved daily, same as Lot was. (and Jesus) (Jesus FIRST! - Most Important ! of course) ....
What is the actual passage you are looking at? Can't quite recognize if from what must be I imagine a very loose paraphrase.

Are we supposed to spend our days in grief? Or are we to be rejoicing always?

And again I say, Rejoice!

Much love!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
? what ?
If your or anyone's posts are truth, they will stand the test, and they won't be offended being challenged either.
A sure sign someone's not right, is they get easily offended. (I think there's a dozen or more Scriptures verifying this) ....
ok, so then what is the test?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
please note

There are some who will claim there are those who are exempt from God's declaration that all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory.

This helps them to believe that they too can be accepted by God on their own right. I guess!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some who will claim there are those who are exempt from God's declaration that all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory.

This helps them to believe that they too can be accepted by God on their own right. I guess!
Sadly this is exactly one of the things Paul was trying to address in Romans 9, Because many Jews thought the same. Even that they were chosen because their fathers were so righteous..

Paul told them they were wrong. As you said, All have sinned and fall short. That includes all.

Reactions: marks

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Study Bible
In the LORD I Take Refuge
…2For behold, the wicked bend their bows. They set their arrow on the string to shoot from the shadows at the upright in heart. 3If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?” 4The LORD is in His holy temple; the LORD is on His heavenly throne. His eyes are watching closely; they examine the sons of men.…
Berean Study Bible · Download

Pulpit Commentary
Verse 3. - If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do? The word translated" foundations" is a rare one, only occurring here and in Isaiah 19:10. The meaning of "foundations," first given to it by Aquila, is now generally adopted. We must suppose the timid friends to be still speaking, and to mean that, under the lawless rule of Saul, the very foundations of society and of moral order were swept away; the righteous (צַדִּיק, a collective) had done and could do nothing to prevent it. What remained for David, but to withdraw from a community where there was neither law nor order, where the first magistrate commanded (1 Samuel 19:1) and attempted (1 Samuel 19:10) assassination?
Psalm 11:3 Commentaries

Psalm 11:3 If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?"

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

What is the actual passage you are looking at? Can't quite recognize if from what must be I imagine a very loose paraphrase.

Are we supposed to spend our days in grief? Or are we to be rejoicing always?

And again I say, Rejoice!

Much love!
I believe that in the last days the following will apply to those " marked" with the seal of God...
KJV Ezekiel 9
4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV Ezekiel 9
4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
Thanks! I believe this is what I was remembering.