Are the 144,000 literally "virgins?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
More again while on resurrection, God's people from that planet will also go into the gates of heaven per Ezekiel's temple when that planet is destroyed, and then following earth when this planet is destroyed. Behold He created all things, all are His, Fear Him and His Holy Name for the end of time is on us and I saw a new heaven and earth for the old has past away.
sounds like a whole lotta prognostication goin on, wadr.

qecem (keh'-sem)
a lot: also divination (including its fee), oracle -- (reward of) divination, divine sentence, witchcraft.

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
Them are very strong words. I don't believe in fairy tells. I seek no reward on this earth or the next, neither in heaven. I forgive you. You know it is written in the last days that what is correct they will say its wrong and whats wrong they will say its right. bbyrd009 hey I have and ideal you ask God if what I say is true.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, someone here tryna take your head off, are they?

:)
"And he sent, and beheaded John in the prison.
And his head was brought in a charger, and given to the damsel: and she brought it to her mother." Matt 14:10-11

But if our head is replaced by Jesus, it is not a bad thing, is it?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Them are very strong words. I don't believe in fairy tells. I seek no reward on this earth or the next, neither in heaven. I forgive you.
ah, that was kind of an unintended trap lol, you could have identified with "a lot" too i guess, right?
You know it is written in the last days that what is correct they will say its wrong and whats wrong they will say its right. bbyrd009 hey I have and ideal you ask God if what I say is true.
i meant to comment upon the "tomorrow" nature of your prophecies more than their strict accuracy, which could be completely correct for all i know...i'll try to post an example here, hang on

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
More again while on resurrection, God's people from that planet will also go into the gates of heaven per Ezekiel's temple when that planet is destroyed, and then following earth when this planet is destroyed.
here's another one, "when this earth is destroyed," which i won't deny will happen eventually, billions of years from now; but the world is passing away now, i guess. Might be a semantics difference though, but the point is the symbology of Scripture is not being followed--which doesn't mean "you are wrong" necessarily, understand; but that you are divining, and also voiding Scriptural symbology, imo.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You need to go to heaven to cut my head off.
hmm, wadr these guys all feel the same way i guess, fwiw
qh45rgnv3gqz.jpg

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
NO...there are not 144000 literal virgins....wrong religion...dream on.

The literal virgins are no more literal than the ram's in Daniel 8 are literal.
Front horn's ,back horns, growing horns, breaking horns, a ram and a he goat fighting....last time I looked a 'he goat' was a Ram!!
It reads like a nightmare, as does the book of Revelation...anyone with half a brain knows that it is not literal!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think the 144,000 are here when the two prophets that are killed in the street and then are risen are here, and then some time after that, Jesus comes.

it's been the Lord's way when dealing with the world, He gives them ample info before the result of their own judgment befalls them. if my memory serves Noah spent the better part of a hundred years building the ark. and that would in and of itself be a testimony of things to come.

so man and Israel in particular are not left without the Truth in the world until the last minute so to speak.

the scenario I have been told though I have heard many, the Christian promise of "rapture" happens (which may not have to be the resurrection) with 144,000 believers 12,000 from each tribe of Jewish people are retained to prophecy then the two prophets that have the same power as Moses and Elijah had. I suspect they will be Moses and Elijah not only for that reason but also the "transfiguration" that James John and Peter saw with Jesus that included Moses and Elijah talking to the Lord.

but that's one of many. thing is about prophecy, no one knows how its going to go down until after it happens. why? you may ask. because its not for you to know when and how, but it is for you to know after it happens who said it would happen, therefore who's will is being done. Israel was promised through Abraham that the Lord their God would return them to the promiced land out of Egypt. they didn't know how and they really didn't know exactly when, but when the Lord showed up they knew what was going on, though yes many blamed Moses rather then acknowledge the Almighty.
All 144000 are witnesses, but we have a picture of them waiting "under the altar" for their number to be complete. The "two witnesses" who are slain in Jerusalem are also the last two; the return of Christ in judgment follows immediately after in the book and in that case the order is reasonably understood as chronological . Their number must be complete in order for them to return with Christ as it is written.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO...there are not 144000 literal virgins....wrong religion...dream on.

The literal virgins are no more literal than the ram's in Daniel 8 are literal.
Front horn's ,back horns, growing horns, breaking horns, a ram and a he goat fighting....last time I looked a 'he goat' was a Ram!!
It reads like a nightmare, as does the book of Revelation...anyone with half a brain knows that it is not literal!
Actually there is a parallel passage (or a few passages) which relate to us the tribes of Israel each mourning for Christ in their turn and 12000 is a "complete" number for the remnant of each tribe. These are a special possession for Christ, being descendants of Abraham with special promises regarding possession of the land. The church at large is more properly regarded as the " myriads" from every tribe, nation, and tongue (no reason to describe two separate groups of the redeemed if God doesn't distinguish them from one another.)

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All 144000 are witnesses, but we have a picture of them waiting "under the altar" for their number to be complete. The "two witnesses" who are slain in Jerusalem are also the last two; the return of Christ in judgment follows immediately after in the book and in that case the order is reasonably understood as chronological . Their number must be complete in order for them to return with Christ as it is written.

well its not important since in reality no one including scholars of today and of old can't seem to agree on anything mention in revelations pertaining to this subject. so its quite apparent that the Lord doesn't want anyone to actually know before hand, only after it comes to pass will you know what time it is. in which case you should have been found doing what you should be doing. if one is right with his boss, he doesn't care when the boss shows up, even if its unexpected, he just knows the boss will show sooner or later.

Reactions: Helen

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well its not important since in reality no one including scholars of today and of old can't seem to agree on anything mention in revelations pertaining to this subject. so its quite apparent that the Lord doesn't want anyone to actually know before hand, only after it comes to pass will you know what time it is. in which case you should have been found doing what you should be doing. if one is right with his boss, he doesn't care when the boss shows up, even if its unexpected, he just knows the boss will show sooner or later.
If there is literal fulfillment of occurrences in the book of the Revelation, then it's unlikely that there will be any living Christians at the return of Christ. Since we are to know the Lord, even as we are known, in the resurrection, then who would the book be written for except us, now and in this time?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
in reality no one including scholars of today and of old can't seem to agree on anything mention in revelations pertaining to this subject.
ha should tell you something about scholars lol, i mean the title of the Book is "The Revelation of Christ" right
shouldn't be too hard to interpret from that frame imo

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha should tell you something about scholars lol, i mean the title of the Book is "The Revelation of Christ" right
shouldn't be too hard to interpret from that frame imo

well yes and no your right about revelation of Christ but that means Word of God or at least we are talking about the Word of God made flesh in that. and as far as I know there are millions that can read the bible text, but without the Lord God's Wisdom and Understanding there isn't a chance of knowing what is meant by it.

there are probably plenty of well meaning scholars, but if you notice they are always miss interpreting something even if its a small detail, to make it fit some theory of theirs, even the most studious don't have a corner on it. which shows you if the Lord wants you to know He will explain. most of the time in a fashion one can understand.

there is a good chance only the 144,000 are going to understand it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
well yes and no your right about revelation of Christ but that means Word of God or at least we are talking about the Word of God made flesh in that. and as far as I know there are millions that can read the bible text, but without the Lord God's Wisdom and Understanding there isn't a chance of knowing what is meant by it.
can't argue with any of that!

i would say that once where Christ is revealed becomes clear, then the directions for interpreting the Book clarify too, or at least start clarifying, as a description of a seeker's walk

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
"And he sent, and beheaded John in the prison.
And his head was brought in a charger, and given to the damsel: and she brought it to her mother." Matt 14:10-11

But if our head is replaced by Jesus, it is not a bad thing, is it?

That's why you don't put a new spirit in the old flesh. The old stuff won't live as long.

Reactions: bbyrd009