are the effects of party drugs permanent?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
my cousin used party drugs a substance that is added to drinks i don't know the exact name of those things but the effects are grave now he can do it without the influence of alcohol he seems to be not right in the head now

he keeps on doing it over and over again threatening his own sister and anyone who comes near him with a knife to the point his own brothers too scared to go near him he also lies a lot telling false stories

my mom told me i do not have the right to decide or to take action whether he goes worse from worse i should not care i should just shut up it's not up to me but for their own parents what to do though the man is no longer a minor but a young adult soon he will be a father himself

but how do you treat something like this

we are not lacking prayers a lot of people prayed it worked for a moment but he repeated what he did probably 4x after saying he will not doing it again

sometimes i think he is not the one lying but the devil and the effect of party drugs destroyed his mind that the devil can now control him more freely

he simply pushed away his own family and relatives and then lie to his mom about it pushing the blame to his relatives

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They do say that some drugs effect the mental well being of many people , paranoia is a common side effect.
I guess if you mess with the chemicals released by the brain then it will impact, Is he still taking the drug ?
How old is he ?
I am so sorry as it must be a difficult situation to deal with as a family. Rita

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
They do say that some drugs effect the mental well being of many people , paranoia is a common side effect.
I guess if you mess with the chemicals released by the brain then it will impact, Is he still taking the drug ?
How old is he ?
I am so sorry as it must be a difficult situation to deal with as a family. Rita
@Rita Just goes to show that the habit of prayer and Bible study for a young person is such a blessing acquire, rather than the recreational use of substances, even if they are legalized; I am sure that the Christian relatives of those involved in such substances pray fervently.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Rita Just goes to show that the habit of prayer and Bible study for a young person is such a blessing acquire, rather than the recreational use of substances, even if they are legalized; I am sure that the Christian relatives of those involved in such substances pray fervently.
I don’t think it is as simple as that Farouk, young people are often lost and tempted by so many things but simply don’t have the awareness to consider the long term effects. They are often looking for an ‘ experience ‘ and can find it in drugs and drink. They are often in their own internal prisons, it can take time for God to be able to reach in because they are not always open to see what their real need is, and I think it is harder for me because of the male image that they are weak if they admit they need help.
Rita

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Is he still taking the drug ?
maybe he still well how can you simply have a bond with him if his mindset is unpredictably violent a lot of our relatives avoided him now

they did not even attend when invited to his bday party i also did not and since we are not close

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This sounds like crystal meth, which has become much more dangerous the past five years or so. Is the psychosis permanent? Not necessarily, but an individual must cease using the drug in order to recover from the psychosis. That can take upwards to a year to happen. Praying for this one.

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Depends; the human body is resilient; and can come back, and heal from almost anything, if..... you stop doing what it is that caused the damage, and some times you need to go the extreme the other way till your body is healed, and depending on what needs to be done, that can take years.

Some damage, in the natural is permanent! the son of my wifes friend went to a party, tried drugs for the first time in his life, what he did not know is that they gave if a mixture that fried his brain; and to this day he still is close to being a complete vegetable.

That being said, God can, and wants to heal any and all damage that are stupidity may have caused.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some drugs can cause psychosis, especially in young people that don't have fully developed brains. It usually is a matter of a chemical imbalance that can be corrected with medication. You just need a doctor that can treat it.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends; the human body is resilient; and can come back, and heal from almost anything, if..... you stop doing what it is that caused the damage, and some times you need to go the extreme the other way till your body is healed, and depending on what needs to be done, that can take years.

Some damage, in the natural is permanent! the son of my wifes friend went to a party, tried drugs for the first time in his life, what he did not know is that they gave if a mixture that fried his brain; and to this day he still is close to being a complete vegetable.

That being said, God can, and wants to heal any and all damage that are stupidity may have caused.

That is absolutely horrible. What did they give him that caused brain damage?

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
This sounds like crystal meth, which has become much more dangerous the past five years or so. Is the psychosis permanent? Not necessarily, but an individual must cease using the drug in order to recover from the psychosis. That can take upwards to a year to happen. Praying for this one.
ohh crystal meth is uhm aka shabu right? methamphetamine
the only common and widespread illegal drugs here are this two meth and cannabis but i haven't seen an actual one i bet i won't be able to tell apart between the real meth and just sugar or the weeds in cigarette and dried leaves

and actually it is a fact that only a handful knows about him taking drugs and it is a secret it is forbidden to tell to anyone unless you are anonymous like now because the user might end up in jail or worse killed

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me see if I understand what is going on, because I am not sure:

You have a cousin who drinks. But he doesn't just drink alcohol, he adds drugs to the alcohol to make it more potent and increase its effects.

The combined effects often result in him threatening to do bodily harm to another human being (even worse, his own family) with a weapon which has the ability to kill (a knife).

Your mother (presumably the aunt of both the cousin with the problem and the aunt of those being threatened with a knife) is telling you not to interfere. She is telling you not to interfere when a person is unstable around family, including yourself, and I will assume their are non family members around as well. That includes girlfriends, boyfriends, wives and husbands of your kin, and also your own mother. Not to mention (since he is a partier) anyone else who may be out at a local bar or pub enjoying a night out.

Do I have this right, or close to right?

My brother, let me say it is not your fault and not your problem. But it IS a problem and you are involved.

You can listen to your mother and keep your mouth shut. But if he kills someone, you didn't do it, but you did have the power to stop it or at least do something to try to stop it. With that, let me give some religious philosophy:

I understand you are your mother's son and you should honor that. But you are first and foremost a Child of God! Jesus trumps mamma. What do you think God wants you to do? Ignore this? Really?

What do do? I don't know because I don't have a lot of trust in the police or social workers myself. If you have a Pastor and he really is a man of God, go to him. If you don't perhaps find one. Otherwise, yeah... I'd go to the authorities. If not now, certainly the next time he gets out of hand. Heck... He might stab you or your mom...

Are these effects permanent? Yes and no. Yes, they will always be there. He will always have this past and desire. But no, it doesn't have to be permanently a problem. The body can heal.

A leopard cannot change its spots. That is biblical. But the bible never says God cannot change a leopards spots!

Please.. Don't ignore this, but research it and devise a plan. God may have given you a great task because he sees you worthy of his service.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
You have a cousin who drinks. But he doesn't just drink alcohol, he adds drugs to the alcohol to make it more potent and increase its effects.
yes that is what he said "not to me" he said that when when he was sober up after he wreak havoc in their own house upside down he destroyed a lot of furniture and appliances to the point that you can't walk without stepping to a shattered glass that was the first time he took the knife and threatened anyone going near him
The combined effects often result in him threatening to do bodily harm to another human being (even worse, his own family) with a weapon which has the ability to kill (a knife).
uhh so far i haven't heard yet any physical violence only verbal i mean no physical contact
She is telling you not to interfere
yes because our common culture is to respect elderly no matter where you stand in society no matter how rich you are you are not above your family elderlies so everyone is following to whatever the elders command
but since i keep telling people that i am not normal for sure an abnormal one and one of the kind person whom written in the end times i am a rule breaker
You can listen to your mother and keep your mouth shut. But if he kills someone, you didn't do it, but you did have the power to stop it or at least do something to try to stop it. With that, let me give
that's what my other cousin told me but his perspective probably changed because he did not do it when it comes to me he even told me i would do anything even if you hate me even if we brawl as long as i can make you see the light
I understand you are your mother's son and you should honor that. But you are first and foremost a Child of God! Jesus trumps mamma. What do you think God wants you to do? Ignore this? Really?
i'll pm you about off topic about this too but mom told me about this honor your mom and dad after i told him we are in the last days

i don't know what God wants me to do but i know what i want to do that is to interfere which is not really a good idea for everyone will go against me even their father my uncle will hate me too *sigh not a good idea i knew i am always not right in the head for always thinking such things

hmmm if my sis and bro follow the command of mom and then i follow your advice what do you think will happen to me? for i am the youngest in the family and the most rebellious of my generation even my prev friends are more obedient than me even though they look like thugs
I'd go to the authorities.
so the only question right now is it's me or him but what just happened to the man of God o_O where did he go
What do do? I don't know because I don't have a lot of trust in the police
ahh that is not a bad idea to kill my cousin have you ever heard this https://www.hrw.org/tag/philippines-war-drugs
Please.. Don't ignore this, but research it and devise a plan. God may have given you a great task because he sees you worthy of his service.
uhh i just don't know about that

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my cousin used party drugs a substance that is added to drinks i don't know the exact name of those things but the effects are grave now he can do it without the influence of alcohol he seems to be not right in the head now

he keeps on doing it over and over again threatening his own sister and anyone who comes near him with a knife to the point his own brothers too scared to go near him he also lies a lot telling false stories

my mom told me i do not have the right to decide or to take action whether he goes worse from worse i should not care i should just shut up it's not up to me but for their own parents what to do though the man is no longer a minor but a young adult soon he will be a father himself

but how do you treat something like this

we are not lacking prayers a lot of people prayed it worked for a moment but he repeated what he did probably 4x after saying he will not doing it again

sometimes i think he is not the one lying but the devil and the effect of party drugs destroyed his mind that the devil can now control him more freely

he simply pushed away his own family and relatives and then lie to his mom about it pushing the blame to his relatives

This is a difficult scenario.
I look at it this way...Warn other family members to be highly cautious around him.

First you are not close to him...sort of indicates you are not the most likely candidate, to tip toe around him, waiting to see if he is in a calm mood or edgy mood....meaning IF in a clam mood, some simple rational questions and suggestions could be made, LIKE flat out if he believes he has a problem, if no...further talking will only anger him, if yes...what would be “his solution” to tackle the problem...

Just saying people get defensive if they can not admit a problem, or even talk about a solution. They typically DO NOT WANT to stop taking the drugs. And do not want anyone telling them to stop, or tricking them, or arranging for them to stop....They have had their days, where drugs were not available right then and they do NOT like the feeling of a beginning withdrawal...so it is funky...
They may discuss quitting WHEN HIGH, but it is “fake talk”,
When NOT HIGH, all they can think of is getting HIGH, and angry for not being HIGH.

My suggestion would be...perhaps doing a bit of research, on finding phone numbers for an immediate emergency response for (your family members being threatened) ....Sure, Police are trained, to use force to control a threatening person, but what do they do with that person? Jail, or medical facility? IDK. But would say, your family that IS around him...NEED a recourse when he is threatening, more so than Locking themselves in a room, hoping he calms down.

It’s a sticky, scary, situation, to be on edge in ones own home.
Sorry about all that.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
This is a difficult scenario.
I look at it this way...Warn other family members to be highly cautious around him.
already did but i am not the one who did it
First you are not close to him...sort of indicates you are not the most likely candidate, to tip toe around him, waiting to see if he is
yes but when i am around him he looks not a liar he also looks lively and friendly i've also talked to him once when i slept in their other house it's been more than 15years since i've last seen him and i couldn't recognized him so i asked who he is lol but the way the topic turn he appears to also have no idea what state their house is in or he must just be lying
LIKE flat out if he believes he has a problem, if no...further talking will only anger him, if yes...what would be “his solution” to tackle the problem...
actually i am not sure if talking to him about things will i make him angry with me but i feel like he will be all smiles like he is happy talking to me but behind my back i feel like he will go directly and then verbally attack the source of our intel about him then slander them to his family friends and strangers so basically the one who will be affected will not be me but them who is also not different from us
Just saying people get defensive if they can not admit a problem, or even talk about a solution.
true hahaha that's what i've been thinking lately thinking how am i supposed to hide this truth about me i really can't admit it i better die than admit it
withdrawal
ohh hmmm Withdrawal is also known as detoxification or detox. It's when you quit , or cut back, on using alcohol or other drugs. You may have developed a physical or psychological dependence on a drug, or both.Jul 21, 2021
i see
Sure, Police are trained, to use force to control a threatening person, but what do they do with that person? Jail, or medical facility? IDK.
a police is not a good option or even an option because it will end everything including relationships if i were to involve a police everything will be over they would probably blame me for everything the police most likely will kill him if he do not comply not only them who will blame me but also my own family and my other cousins i am already not in their good side
"the police did not kill him but you did"
our police are ordered to kill if they feel threatened it is written in the law but
most of the police are not really a good person in order for them to easily handled an operation or end an operation without thinking to much they would tell the people inside the house to go outside or they would force the people inside to go out immediately and then kill the person responsible for causing such a ruckus
that's how it works here under the duterte regime
It’s a sticky, scary, situation, to be on edge in ones own home.
Sorry about all that.
yes when he did that no one in the house is not afraid of him the one he is attacking his sister came to us for help too scared to return

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@stredaleve -

Hi, I sympathize with your sticky situation and get your “duterte” reference.
I acknowledge on one hand your compassion desire to help, and on the other hand the negative consequences if you help.
We can turn to Gods solution, Gods example, full well knowing it is a very hard thing to do...
And that solution, via Gods direction to Abram, and Abraham the example having followed Gods direction. Inanutshell, walk away, be not entangled, leave it behind. Simple eh? The concept is simple the doing is difficult.
You desire your cousin to change, walk away from what is dragging him down.
Big picture, God desires the same, walk away from what is dragging you down.
61 times Abram is mentioned in Scripture.
265 times Abraham is mentioned in Scripture.
It’s the revealing of what WAS, that Abram could not change, to what IS that God DID change.
~ And to note...you are in a similar situation as was Abram. Abram walked away from his entire family, that were doing or supporting, an ungodly behavior....(IDOL makers and sellers and worshipers of other gods)....EXCEPT Abram’s nephew...to which, when Abram walked away, so also did he take with him, his nephew Lot....as you mentioned your female cousin.
~ Maybe something for you to consider, lean on God for the direction and strength to walk away from chaos and keep a steady direction toward peace.
~ Declare what IS, therefore BE what IS true for you. :)
Just a foolish child in the faith?
Just a foolish child in the faith Christ’s faithFULLNESS.

God Bless,
Taken

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
desire to help
ohh i feel like every topic i make is pointless
nothing changes
Abram walked away from his entire family, that were doing or supporting, an ungodly behavior.
i also feel like that is the right thing to do at times and that's also what jesus did he has a lot of siblings yet he said the one who is doing the commandments of God are his real brothers
but there's also one thing i might not know just like i am still waiting for the missing part in this vaccination conspiracy i am just simply saying maybe i am the one in the wrong path and they are in the right cause i am also a sinner i am not perfect