Are the words of Jesus still meant for Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are the words of Jesus still meant for Christians?

• Yes. We are to follow Christ and obey Him.

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • Sometimes, where it is convenient. Jesus' words are not to be taken as "gospel."

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, we are now to follow Paul instead (different dispensation)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The religious scheme that is accepted by many is that since God concluded all under sin, and sent His Son to save the world...people will take this to mean that God is unable to empower people to actually fulfill the law...so instead He says..."Look we are ALL powerless to stop sinning, I am at a loss Myself to stop this...so now all you have to do is say the magic word (Jesus) and all is forgiven and forgotten....and whoever doesn't say the magic word will be cast into the lake of fire.

If Disney got a hold of that plot line...it would make a compelling story...of an unloving and petty god.

But this scheme just shows how petty, unloving, and unmerciful the people are who invented it. Starting with Luther.

Anything but trust in God's power....grace...to conquer sin and overcome as Jesus overcame.

God's grace is sufficient to overcome all sin. Now, we just have to get religious theorists to have faith...and not just ideological beliefs that have no power.
your problem is you have already failed to follow the law

so apart from being redeemed by the blood. Your lost. as is everyone else

even if we could stop sinning after we are born again. We are still lost.

James made this very clear

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's exactly what I say to you. What you mean is that my doctrine is spiritual and non-religious. I don't believe that having certain beliefs means you can justify yourself. When you change the meaning of words, and deny the bible, you get a backward way of seeing things. :oops:
yes you do

which is what we have been trying to show you

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should you slander those who look beyond your indoctrination? Does you ideology demand this?
will you repent and ask our sister forgiveness for saying she said something she did not say?

or will you continue to do what you always do when confronted and try to blame shift to get the focus off you?

I doubt it. Yu have slandered me many a time and have yet to repent..

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
show me where I have slandered anyone..
Show me where I have. Slander means you go and speak to others beside the person you are correcting. I'm speaking to actual liars and dishonest people. All I'm doing is calling them out. Religious schemes only sound good to religious ideologues...who have no connection to the truth.

You would have the bible to say...The saviour NOT of the world but only those who believe. You hate that the bible does not say that but the very opposite. And since that is not true, you slander the bible, and any believer who upholds the truth contained therein.

Or else. Jesus came to take away the sins of the church...rather than the world. Or again. For God so loved the church...

All very dogmatic and specious.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me where I have. Slander means you go and speak to others beside the person you are correcting. I'm speaking to actual liars and dishonest people. All I'm doing is calling them out. Religious schemes only sound good to religious ideologues...who have no connection to the truth.
Here is your slander
As per @ Lizbeth

Lizbeth said

" Meaning the propitiation for sins was not for the Jews only but for the Gentiles (world/nations) as well. There are scriptures that need to be looked at from the perspective of Israel, since it was to the Jew first."

Since the dishonesty around here is never challenged I thought to expose the darkness by showing how twisted a thought process can be...when it suits the flesh.

To @ Lizbeth's claim that 1 John 2:2 was regarding the Jews...not Christians. Let's follow her reasoning for a bit....

:oops:
She did not say it was for the jew. and not for the christian.. You added to what she said. twisted what she said, then lied about what she said.

she said this, which you yourself quoted then misrepresented. or slandered her

" Meaning the propitiation for sins was not for the Jews only, but for the Gentiles (world/nations) as well.

You are the liar.. not her!!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is your slander

She did not say it was for the jew. and not for the christian.. You added to what she said. twisted what she said, then lied about what she said.

she said this, which you yourself quoted then misrepresented. or slandered her

" Meaning the propitiation for sins was not for the Jews only, but for the Gentiles (world/nations) as well.

You are the liar.. not her!!
A lie is adding to the text knowing you are twisting the meaning. You are so blind and indoctrinated yourself you can't see the lie you are living in ...just like Lizbeth...victims of the great delusion.

When John says...not for ours only... to say that means the Jews... is a great lie. It is taking away from the text and from true believers in Christ whom He is addressing. Do you feel left out? I suppose you should. However, the letters of the NT are not to Jews...otherwise your whole scheme falls apart.

Either way you lose.

If only Jews are born again, you are lost.

And if the regeneration is for all people, not just Jews, then the NT is written to believers in Christ where there is no Jew or Gentile. But you know all that...you just think God wants dishonesty....so you speak untruths as if they were a religious duty.

But for those who have not gone over to lies... here is what Paul says...

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. 1 Tim. 4:10

There is no honest way to miss the meaning here. God's mercy extends beyond the church. Even many IN the church will be rejected. Why? Because they have puffed up their religious ego to cast out the righteous whom Jesus died for. I am warning those who are doing this, that they will pay dearly for their pride and dissimulation. God is a righteous judge...with no favourites.

To be honest you have to admit you have no idea about the meaning of the gospel in particular and the bible in general. Really clueless...as your reading skills are blunted, even eliminated... by your indoctrination.

There is no point trying to talk to someone who has cozied up to a lying spirit.

Instead we who know the truth suffer reproach gladly from the religious pretenders who lie concerning God's words.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are so blind and indoctrinated yourself you can't see the lie you are living in
And on and on it goes . . .

I'm telling you it's a behavioral addiction producing neurotransmitters for your brain to feed on. If you stop the behavior, and then wait the weeks or months for your brain to reconfigure itself, you can stop this.

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus died for the sins of the world...not a subset of humanity based on religious affiliations...whether that be Jews or even the church.

God doesn't pass through our particular affectations in His judgments. I wish many here would humble themselves to see the greatness of God and His ways. His ways are far above our own.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And on and on it goes . . .

I'm telling you it's a behavioral addiction producing neurotransmitters for your brain to feed on. If you stop the behavior, and then wait the weeks or months for your brain to reconfigure itself, you can stop this.

Much love!
More slander from you...but not one argument against the lies being proffered on the thread. Typical.

Much love? Much dissimulation you should say...truth be told. How deep can a lie go? Stay tuned as the bible is re-interpreted to justify the now religious flesh.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Those who seek to hide the truth in darkness, lies and dissimulation...come out into the light. Come and learn what the bible is really saying. Come and be renewed in your mind. Come learn what Jesus says when He says...I love mercy not sacrifice.

Micah 6:8 “He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?”

Those who hate my words do NONE of the requirements listed in Micah.

Instead they will just point to Jesus and continue dissimulating thinking that Jesus has their back....

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lie is adding to the text knowing you are twisting the meaning. You are so blind and indoctrinated yourself you can't see the lie you are living in ...just like Lizbeth...victims of the great delusion.

When John says...not for ours only... to say that means the Jews... is a great lie. I
It is a lie

when SHE SAID it was NOT just to the jews.

AND you say (falsly) that she said it was just to the jews only. and not gentiles or christians.

YOU LIE

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who seek to hide the truth in darkness, lies and dissimulation...come out into the light. Come and learn what the bible is really saying. Come and be renewed in your mind. Come learn what Jesus says when He says...I love mercy not sacrifice.

Micah 6:8 “He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?”

Those who hate my words do NONE of the requirements listed in Micah.

Instead they will just point to Jesus and continue dissimulating thinking that Jesus has their back....
See how he is

He lied about what she said, and even when it is shown to him word for word. he still denies it (will everyone else?? @Laurina @St. SteVen )

ot does he get away with it just because of who he is?

He claimed I slander him, yet when I ask for proof. he does not show any.

so who is the real liar here?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More slander from you...but not one argument against the lies being proffered on the thread. Typical.

Much love? Much dissimulation you should say...truth be told. How deep can a lie go? Stay tuned as the bible is re-interpreted to justify the now religious flesh.
lol

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is a lie

when SHE SAID it was NOT just to the jews.

AND you say (falsly) that she said it was just to the jews only. and not gentiles or christians.

YOU LIE
Thank you for your slander. I receive slander with a reward to come. :)

And of course you falsely quote me. You have to make a false point.

Lizbeth hates God's mercy on anyone apart from whom she agrees with. Same as you. Both of you twist the meaning of words just like we see the serpent do in the garden. As in...Did God really say????

Does it really say "Especially those who believe?" apart from Jesus being the Saviour of all men?

I'm hoping that Lambs won't become victims of your dissimulation. So I call it out.

How can there be honest communication when there is no willingness to let the bible speak for itself? Any agenda that takes away...or adds to the bible...is not of God. Why is that so hard to admit? Why is there no faith?

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really. Because when moses was given the law. he made Israel confirm that they would confirm and OBEY every word.

which means if you failed in just one part. you were guilty of the whole part. (James 2)
James 2:10
For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.

so it is only Logical if jesus said this to those who thought they kept the whole law. to get them to rethink their position.

Again I refer you to the law of love
Yes, Moses heard Israel's promise to do all that the law commands. But don't forget also, the law also made provision for mistakes, errors and even intentional disobedience through the sacrificial system. I don't think the rich young ruler believed that obedience was the pathway to salvation, otherwise, he wouldn't have asked Jesus about it.

I agree with your observation that Jesus wanted the RYR to rethink his position. Jesus challenged the rich young ruler to think deeper about his relationship to the law and to God himself. As we know, being students of Jesus, salvation has always been a matter of inwardness. What attitude did the RYR maintain that allowed him to trust in his money?

I believe that James did not intend to imply that following the Law is impossible. Instead, he was addressing those who only followed the "major" laws such as not committing adultery or murder without understanding the deeper meaning behind them. James was specifically addressing those who committed sins by showing favoritism, which is also against God's laws, even if it is not explicitly stated.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your slander. I receive slander with a reward to come. :)

And of course you falsely quote me. You have to make a false point.

Lizbeth hates God's mercy on anyone apart from whom she agrees with. Same as you. Both of you twist the meaning of words just like we see the serpent do in the garden. As in...Did God really say????

Does it really say "Especially those who believe?" apart from Jesus being the Saviour of all men?

I'm hoping that Lambs won't become victims of your dissimulation. So I call it out.

How can there be honest communication when there is no willingness to let the bible speak for itself? Any agenda that takes away...or adds to the bible...is not of God. Why is that so hard to admit? Why is there no faith?
Dude.

I posted her quote. where she said Jews and Gentiles

I posted your slander. where you claim she said only jew.

You just keep proving how proud you really are.

if people will not call you out for your lies. thats on you, you will have to answer to God though..