Are There Confessionals In Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
For me, a hope in the promises of a blissful peaceful future without pain, stress, fear, sickness or death, is essential to our well-being for without hope we perish.
A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap.
imo pain, stress, fear, sickness and death are all elements of the world we are called to leave
for all who have allowed themselves to be fitted with those wedding garments without which there is no entry.
your wedding dress is prepared, and you should not be waiting on Jesus to do anything else, imo. i know this is a hard thing to incorporate; David Byrne puts it like "It isn't what you hoped for, is it?" :)

but like i was kind of saying in my last post, imo don't allow a belief you have about a literal future you have imagined to blind you to any further truth that might become clear with more experience. Doesn't mean those aren't true, ok, but it does mean that...you are still the same person in a way who believed that santa claus brought presents on Jesuses birthday, even though you don't believe that any more.
there is no harm in believing in a future literal place called heaven.
i would say that there is, if it is in any way different from the kingdom of heaven that is within you or beside you, right now.
Because heaven exists right now, right, but notice how you kind of ignore that one, in favor of the vision? Or the one you perceive in the now is like inadequate or something, not what you are looking for?

If the bed is too short to stretch out on, the blanket too narrow to wrap around you so to speak, then prepare to acknowledge what talking like that is telling you, imo. Your confession is wrapped up in this, even if we call those professions now. See that the lesson of Esau is for us, believers, contemplate yourself in Esau's place iow. Although i guess his lesson should come after the lesson learned in putting ourselves in Cain's place, as Esau is just kind of a refinement of the same lesson in a way, a further parable to address the perspective of one who gets how Cain applies, but is likely to accept another counterfeit that Esau addresses. imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
where the Son of God is now preparing a place for us
see that that can also be understood like "I have to leave so that you can assume your proper place," put in such a way that you can assume something else if you like. "I go, to prepare a place for you."

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."
"I will never leave you, nor forsake you."
"So that they may be one, as We are One."

and i could get even more pointed here, with Scripture, to the point i would even be rejected i guess, but for now at least contemplate how these can be understood in a different, more practical context that we can access for today, imo. Doesn't mean the other is not true, or won't come true someday, but recognizes that Jesus is not still toiling away preparing somewhere else for us, except through the Body of Christ, here on Erets, our domain. Iow if you are the Body of Christ, anything you envision Jesus still having to do? Is on you, not Him

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
AS for any need of confession in heaven, I don't believe so.
ha, course not, anyone needing to confess has by definition left heaven, and confession is what leads to re-entry; confession is made unto salvation. Positing heaven as a place, and worse yet a future place, is strictly for those who do not see. Christ plainly tells us "the kingdom of heaven is within you."

nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!'
as if, right, they'll say that every day, any way that ppl will buy it lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
sin, conflict, shall never rise again. Not because we cannot sin (our free will will never be taken from us for love cannot exist without it) but our love and consecration will ever be such that we will not venture to rebel again. Pride will be forever vanquished...selfishness forever overcome...
no reason you cannot be there today, see, all of these are possible right now.
All that is required is a complete transformation, a changing of the mind.
just leave the world, and you will be there.

i'm down to race you to Jerusalem if you like, btw. The rules are you have to leave your house flat broke though.
just say the word :)
we could still make Passover!

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hey, imo that will be really cool if it comes true, but i would stay open to other interpretations, understand "Christ walking on water" can be understood differently, and He was still knocking on doors after He resurrected, etc. Imo don't let what you believe keep you from more truth at least iow
I'm all for people learning personal lessons and gaining spiritual revelation from the events that happened in the Bible. I'm not all for saying those events are just parables and they didn't really happen.

no reason you cannot be there today, see, all of these are possible right now.

i'm down to race you to Jerusalem if you like, btw. The rules are you have to leave your house flat broke though.
just say the word :)
we could still make Passover!
Man, you must have a great life if you're already living in heaven. I experience accessing the heavenlies in the spirit, but you're already living there physically. :)

B

brakelite

your wedding dress is prepared, and you should not be waiting on Jesus to do anything else, imo.
The wedding garment is His righteousness. (See Zechariah and Joshua) can't put it on but I sure can replace it.
A complete transformation is indeed possible now, even necessary, but that transformation is in preparation for going there...it doesn't bring heaven to us. Justification gives us the legal residency rights...sanctification gives us the skills to cope with the new environment. Glorification supplies the free removal tru....trai...chario...rapt...whatever. But our names are written there. Continuing in faith, looking for the appearing of our Saviour and Lord, surrendering daily to the work of the Spirit within, ensures our names remain.
Christ plainly tells us "the kingdom of heaven is within you."
Christ in us, the hope of glory. But let us completely spiritualise away a definite hope and location to which all may enter if faithful. Even Abraham looked for a city made without human hands. But there I go again reverting back to the new Jerusalem....which is in heaven, and in the future to come to this recreated world as the capital of the universe. Whether you call it heaven, the new Jerusalem, or paradise (all are used in scripture referring to the same place) doesn't matter. It exists, it is our future hope and present citizenship belongs to it. Ambassadors such as we are do not belong here. We belong somewhere else. Both cannot be in the same place. I am not an ambassador for an idea or a theory or a mystical kingdom in a fairy tale.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'm not all for saying those events are just parables and they didn't really happen.
personally i have lost the distinction now, i don't really remember what the point of that belief was? But imo there is nothing wrong with that, that's where you are right now. Note that you were taught that--i guess "taught that" is not a very good characterization of that particular concept though, is it; it's more like that was insisted to you as truth, and you better believe it or leave that church, right--but anyway, had that belief instilled in you by a charismatic guy who had a brazen and intentional conflict of interests, who never really taught you how the NT evolved, right, bc he prolly does not even know.

And you only discover later that those guys we read about did not even have a NT, and readily referred to other texts as Scripture, and i don't mean just Apocrypha, Jannes and Jambres, all kinds of writing was considered Scripture then, matter of fact all writing was once considered Scripture; but is tassel-toes telling you this? No, you're getting it from a Wanted Man shivering outside a Wendy's lol

imo Those are indisputable descriptions of concepts that will come up in a seeker's walk, who really cares if they are "true" or "false," if they are 100% accurate and never fail?

my guess is that they are loosely based upon some historical events, and embellished to magnify the points that matter, but i do not know this, and i do not care. If Jesus of Nazareth was proven to be a construct, i would still follow as best i am able.
If holding to a historical view serves you, then bam keep it as long as it does.

i mean, no offense, but you think you're leaving earth tomorrow anyway, right?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Man, you must have a great life if you're already living in heaven. I experience accessing the heavenlies in the spirit, but you're already living there physically. :)
pressed down, shaken together, and running over, shivering and all! yes, i am in heaven.
no, you would not like it anyway--you have a mortgage to worry about, kids to worry about, what else? i don't know you and i'm generalizing of course, bam tell me about your worries. Or, race me to Jerusalem? lol

look, i am not in some magic place that cannot be found; i have just learned to be happy with nothing. i have savored the cold lima beans; not because God did not provide anything else, but because i wanted to learn to be happy with nothing again.
From your pov my life sucks, i'm sure.
The wedding garment is His righteousness. (See Zechariah and Joshua) can't put it on but I sure can replace it.

A complete transformation is indeed possible now, even necessary, but that transformation is in preparation for going there...it doesn't bring heaven to us. Justification gives us the legal residency rights...sanctification gives us the skills to cope with the new environment. Glorification supplies the free removal tru....trai...chario...rapt...whatever. But our names are written there. Continuing in faith, looking for the appearing of our Saviour and Lord, surrendering daily to the work of the Spirit within, ensures our names remain.

Christ in us, the hope of glory. But let us completely spiritualise away a definite hope and location to which all may enter if faithful. Even Abraham looked for a city made without human hands. But there I go again reverting back to the new Jerusalem....which is in heaven, and in the future to come to this recreated world as the capital of the universe. Whether you call it heaven, the new Jerusalem, or paradise (all are used in scripture referring to the same place) doesn't matter. It exists, it is our future hope and present citizenship belongs to it. Ambassadors such as we are do not belong here. We belong somewhere else. Both cannot be in the same place. I am not an ambassador for an idea or a theory or a mystical kingdom in a fairy tale.
if you build it, i guess they will come. i am not interested in your World of Tomorrow any more, ty, imo your vision is pagan, and was never meant to be incorporated in with Christianity.
but that transformation is in preparation for going there...it doesn't bring heaven to us.
you lie, and the truth is not in you imo. That is the cult of Sol Invictus, propagated by the Roman Whore

Understand I AM, and be there today

there
is where you go after you change your mind

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst." King James Bible Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

but bam exclude yourself from this group if you like.
i mean no offense here, my apologies ok.
but oh God pls do not be teaching anyone else that tripe, that vomit, for your own sake alright

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
At no time in the history of Judaic/Christianity was there ever confessionals formally taught/practiced in heaven. The idea is a childish view of heaven and a mockery of the confessional, which came from the Jews, not the Catholic Church.
It's for Catholics, not for the ignorant to mock.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no one has been there yet and come back !!!!!!!!!!! so how can we know ???????????????