Are These Mistakes In Modern Versions "mistakes"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Copper25

Dec 2, 2008
http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/defense1.txt(near beginning Look at question 6, 7, (8) a lot cut off, 10, 13, 15, (19) very sadare these just by "accident" or not?
ohmy.gif
Sad thing is, these are in the NASB version too which is suppose to be the most accurate version. http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/defens.htmThis is the main link above, look at chapter 19 also, very interestingThe modern claims ey?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Which is why this site recommends KJV and strongs concordance for study purposes notice I said recommends not requires other translations are fine for general reading and sometimes reading more than one version of a verse in diffent translations can help one understand a little better and we are all for that but for serious study and conformity we have recomend KJV because it can be easily taken back to original. And to answer your question no I do not think it by accident a few things about ESV that I think are dangerous and why its one of the only versions I will never recommend 1.26 unnatural is translated : those that are contrary to nature ESV prevents the quibble that "homosexuality is not unnatural for a homosexual 1.29 wickedness is translated : unrighteousness ESV uses a broader term 3.4 though every man be false translated : though every one were a liar ESV less literal. Did ESV revisers mean to convey the idea here that Adam was at the tree with Eve while she was being tempted, watching silently while the serpent tells lies to his wife, it indicates a certain lack of exegetical sobriety and conservatism; but unfortunately it does seem that this was their intention. Several people who were involved in the production of the ESV have quoted this rendering in support of the idea that the root cause of the Fall (i.e. the "original sin") was Adam's passivity, his failure to take charge of the situation and control his wife's behavior at this critical moment. This is a pretty serious misuse of the text, enabled by a misleading translation of one Hebrew word. These may seem like small things but they are the beginings of working political correctness into Gods Word

Copper25

Dec 2, 2008
I am not a king James only person, nor do I agree with everything on that site, nor do I believe all 20 of those examples are worth my concern, but this one bothers me(KJV) Mark 1:2)As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.(NASB) Mark 1:2) As it is written in Isaiah the prophet: "BEHOLD, I SEND MY MESSENGER AHEAD OF YOU, WHO WILL PREPARE YOUR WAY;NIV Mark 1:2) It is written in Isaiah the prophet: "I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way"--Now where did that verse actually ome from, not Isaiah, but Malachi 3:1, that is said to in many modern translations come from Isaiah. Just a big goof in the print I guess
ohmy.gif

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
I am not a king James only person, nor do I agree with everything on that site, nor do I believe all 20 of those examples are worth my concern, but this one bothers me(KJV) Mark 1:2)As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.(NASB) Mark 1:2) As it is written in Isaiah the prophet: "BEHOLD, I SEND MY MESSENGER AHEAD OF YOU, WHO WILL PREPARE YOUR WAY;NIV Mark 1:2) It is written in Isaiah the prophet: "I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way"--Now where did that verse actually ome from, not Isaiah, but Malachi 3:1, that is said to in many modern translations come from Isaiah. Just a big goof in the print I guess
ohmy.gif
Hi Copper.KJV is correct. It is prophets. Mark 1:2 is a reference to Malachi 3:1 and Mark 1:3 is a refernce to Isaiah 40:3. This is one of the reason I refused to go to Modern Translations... In my honest opinion, this twisting is done on purpose.Blessings

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
Good to see you are not swayed to believe other than that you do. When Jesus wrote at the end of the bible if any one changed the prophecy of the words of his book, they will be punished he knew ahead of time what was going to happen. Not one single translation is free of it, but God being the wiser than the people of the world, knew how to write the bible that they could not understand all that was written and the Jews were blinded to the words he wrote that is why they have written so many books on the bible, explains what they think it means....The KJV has fault in it and actually set the ground work for words being added to the bible. Acts 12:4 the word Easter was put in by translators, mis lead by Jewish translators is real in the KJV. Where we know the time of Christ's death was the Passover, but, Christian translators looking to the Jews to know what the words of the bible meant, got taken astray from this group of American Jewish translators and the bible is full of wrong words used in certain areas and the deceit is clear when you've come to understand through God's mercy just what the bible actually is saying. Concerning the N.T translations it is wise to use other translations which come in handy. Then one has to know the doctrinal teachings of all and can see where they have these translators have their indoctrination intertwined into the words of the bible trying to make it more clear what they think the verses are trying to relate and because it isn't really making sense to them they have added to it. But God is good to those who want to know the truth about him and he will reveal it to us that ask him. Step away from all you've been taught and ask God for a cleansing of doctrinal teachings and the bible verses will become clear of what God really is saying and you will see it through the graciousness of God's mercy, the bible will speak in ways you didn't grasp before and starts telling truth in clarity that brings a picture of not going to heaven ever when you die. John 5:28-29 When your resurrected, it speaks of what the promises are and it all is given here on earth never are we to leave it God says. The doctrines being taught to the brethren are way off from what the words of God actually says. Though we all hold to a little truth, the clarity in the promise comes out very well and to who and for why and how we have hope of living with our Lord here on the earth for eternity. The King James Version has added in the Sun God intertwining it into the verses to lead many away from the Son of God and thinking the SUN of God is Christ, wrong. Very treacherous the Jews and what they have done. But the Words of God are true and there is not one on this earth that can stop the Son of God, Jesus the Christ from his flock, his followers who read the bible, seeking for HIS Knowledge aside from men's teachings, for the Lord is good in making these things known to those who study continueously and He will lead into all truths as we live our life for him individually and collectively searching for truth, not just accepting another man's words on the bible having credentials given to him by man. There is so much our Lord has brought to me in what is written in the verses, man can never destroy what God's words are nor what he is saying for it is hidden from the wise and intelligent of this world by it's standards. Amen.