Are You a Christian Atheist?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are You a Christian Atheist? believing in Christ but living as though he doesn't exist

Reactions: Nancy

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kinda like this...?

"Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:..." II Tim 3:5
When You Believe in God but Don’t Really Know Him
THEISM

[thee-iz-uhm]

belief in the existence of God

ATHEISM

[ey-thee-iz-uhm]

disbelief in the existence of God

PRACTICAL ATHEISM

[prak-ti-kuhl ey-thee-iz-uhm]

acting with apathy, disregard, or lack of interest toward

belief in God

CHRISTIAN

[kris-chuhn]

one who professes belief in the teachings of Christ

CHRISTIAN ATHEISM

[kris-chuhn ey-thee-iz-uhm]

believing in Christ but living as if He doesn’t exist

Video Teaching: When You Believe in God but Don’t Really Know Him

i get these Bible
study in email as i was preparing for sun p.m message i noticed the heading . i used it later on i would like to bring a message on this....

Reactions: Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
get over your self and read it all goodness maybe it will help
It's absurd and the 2 should never be paired as one.
If you believe in Christ but are living in sin then you are either not saved yet or are growing in Him.
Not everyone has the knowledge and understanding of Him in the beginning but when the Holy Spirit reveals it to us then our eyes are opened.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seen the term quite often (read a book that made use of the term but cannot recall when).

I suppose it depends on what qualifies as "belief" and how we define a "god".

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's absurd and the 2 should never be paired as one.
get over it m.r religion CHRISTIAN ATHEISM

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
get over it m.r religion CHRISTIAN ATHEISM

Then they aren't Christian....which by definition means "Christ Like".

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found out that I identify as an Atheistic Theist by reading a book of the same title, The Atheistic Theist by: Jeff Turner. (You'd probably have to read the book to understand.)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point was… Are we going to swallow all of the versions of a "God" that so many different views depict?
I would never swallow any version of God that is presented. In fact I can get a bit riled..it's been a horrible weekend for me! Rising up in anger towards everyone and I can only guess it came from that trump thread. I scream out loud sometimes and wonder why people can't see what they are doing.....well I have personal issues as well concerning my daughter. I probably should have stayed away but this is where I come for refuge and to get encouraged.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would never swallow any version of God that is presented. In fact I can get a bit riled..it's been a horrible weekend for me! Rising up in anger towards everyone and I can only guess it came from that trump thread. I scream out loud sometimes and wonder why people can't see what they are doing.....well I have personal issues as well concerning my daughter. I probably should have stayed away but this is where I come for refuge and to get encouraged.
I'm not talking about a version that is contradictory to the one "we already know is true." You see, right there is the problem. Most of us have ALREADY swallowed the version our esoteric denomination, or our family, has told us is how we are to see God. We grow up reading the Scriptures we are directed to that "prove" and verify that particular version of God that our teachers passed on to us. And ONLY that version! In fact, you can ask most Christians, and they will tell you it is sacrilegious and even blasphemous to dare to question that which we have been taught.

The staggering thing is that the person down the street, who goes to a different church, is saying exactly the same thing about "that other" version of God THEY were taught. We KNOW they are wrong, and they KNOW we are wrong. And the girl living over by the grocery store KNOWS both of us are wrong.

Really now, haven't any of us ever thought about that.... when we experience it going on almost every week of the year?

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In fact, you can ask most Christians, and they will tell you it is sacrilegious and even blasphemous to dare to question that which we have been taught.

The staggering thing is that the person down the street, who goes to a different church, is saying exactly the same thing about "that other" version of God THEY were taught. We KNOW they are wrong, and they KNOW we are wrong. And the girl living over by the grocery store KNOWS both of us are wrong.

Really now, haven't any of us ever thought about that.... when we experience it going on almost every week of the year?
aint that the truth most only know what thus saith pastor /mom/dad/g ma/gpa.... a rule of thumb GET IT FOR YOURSELF . many think the Bible says cleanliness is next to Godliness paul wrote timothy study to show yourself approved