Are you a Christian confused about taking the vaccine? Part 1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not confused about the vaccines as such, well I had both of them over six months ago. However I stuck with the AstraZeneca because it was not a mRNA ……now the boosters are doing the rounds, not mandatory at work yet but I keep getting ‘ pinged ‘ by the NHS !!!!
I can get the AstraZeneca if I have a letter from my gp stating it’s the only one I can have……….it’s not available locally unless I produce this letter and they can sort something out. The alternative is to have the Pfizer or Modena ,which I don’t want ……….
I have prayed about it and have no conviction that having the vaccines was wrong. However I was protected from getting the Pfizer one and I have concerns about the moderna one, i agree about it being about trusting the Lord as Individuals , you can just as easily follow the crowd either way ……..
I honestly don’t know what I will decide at the moment……not doing anything unless I know in my heart what is right……….
I have to make the decision about the flu vaccine as well as they are pushing for that at work too……..

Rita
I pray for the Holy Spirits guiding in your search for answers

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for the op. I have always maintained it should be a choice. Some people I think need it. Because of their health background. Many I think will be fine if they do not get it.

I am against government and employer mandated attempt to force people to get the vaccine. Although as in my job position. I see where employers are losing tons of money from people who have to stay home for 2 weeks just because they were exposed. So financially. I can sort of understand where many employers are coming from (we had 4 people out at once. only one tested positive. Not only did we pay them to stay home. we lost the income of the customer service they would have provided)

Me personally. If your sick stay home. if not, their should not be any time off, until and unless symptoms arise. Its time for us to stop punishing especially the small business because we fear. Especially with a vaccine available. I also think it is time to remove our masks, unless we are around people susceptible to extreme dangers should they get this virus. IE. put their needs above your own!!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truman you have the free will to say what you want brother, there are certain people on here that if you speak your mind and they don’t like it, they retaliate by trying to cause you trouble, don’t listen to them.
I also want to include @Truman

I do not think Rita's comments were directed to Truman. I did not see anything in Truman's post which was offensive. There were a few others I did see the same ole same ole. and a few I have on ignore I can just imagine.

Reactions: Truman and JohnPaul

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well its not the mark of the beast because its not a antichristian devotion to the beast and God won't dam anyone to hell for taking a vaccine to help protect themselves. I believe that the vaccine can hurt some people with underlying physical issues.

What you said I addressed in this post about the mandated agenda being evil
there are so many reasons its not the mark. How people can still be spreading this fear is beyond me. It saddens me

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really???? I don't think pharmaceuticals is what Revelations 18:23 refers to.

The sorcery Revelations 18:23 refers to is probably more like the magic of Pharoah's magicians.
Give me an example of this modern magic Josho...then I might appreciate what you are saying....thanks

You will be surprised in how much pharma products consume our lives today. The average person over 60 takes 4 meds at least a week for their 'health.' These product do not always provide health, they cause much harm. Since the 20th century, peddling pharmaceuticals and snake oils has been a booming business. Many are chemicals of death not for life. The medical industry and the peddlers of drugs want you sick not healthy, in order to stay hooked on their sorceries to make them big bucks. It is essentially a big con or scam on the people. Not saying that a few meds of certain types taken in moderation does not help.....

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marty fox: "If you are a Christian, like me, who is confused about whether or not to take the vaccine, where can you go to find the answer?
The Bible seems to be oddly silent about it."

"My child, when you are ill, ...pray to the Lord and He will heal you...T;hen give the doctor his place;...for you need him too (Ecclesiasticus 38:9, 11)."
Ecclesiasticus (= Sirach) is in the Catholic OT. So what does Jesus think of it? Highly enough to use it in the Lord's prayer (see Sirach 28:2)!

martin fox: "It’s not a cut and dry subject because taking the vaccine or not isn’t actually a sin, and it’s also not the mark of the beast. To confuse the matter even more, there are respectable Christians and pastors on either side of the matter whom some have taken and support it and some have not taken or support it. There are even pastors within the same church who have different views and have acted on them. Where can we turn to and what answer is right or wrong?"

In recent months I have become militantly pro-vax. God has prompted me to enter an office to urge the Christian employee to get vaxxed like I did.
He rejected my suggestion, having drunk the standard anti-vax internet Kool-aid. The result? He go Covid and his wife died from it! The pastor
of my prayer group was also anti-vax like the rest of the group, except me. Then he had a sore throat, but Covid tests were negative. But the Lord revealed to that his test was wrong and that he indeed did have a life-threatening form of Covid! My word of knowledge proved correct: his wife both got Covid and his case was so severe that he was rushed to the emergency ward and for a long time thereafter need an oxygen tank to breathe.
This illness caused him to resign from his pastorate and I quit the prayer group after 8 years! I like to ask anti-vaxxers: "Are you also opposed to blood transfusions like the JWs? I now view anti-vaxxers the way I view pro-abortionists.
sadly, I have heard stories just like this from far to many people

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but I find the last part of your post quite an extreme response……the OP is surely about seeking The Lord and making a personal choice…well anyone that chooses not to get the vaccination has that same right and choice. All the people at the prayer meeting made a choice …….
I have seen people die of covid but I am against mandatory vaccines………….I refuse to judge someone who doesn’t get a vaccine in the same way as someone who is pro abortion…………the vaccine does not prevent covid from spreading. How on earth do you class them as being pro murder !
Many people on here who are opposed to the vaccine have shared that family members have made their own personal choices and got the vaccine.
AMEN!!

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How people can still be spreading this fear is beyond me.
full
(It is the ravings of the OCD set...)

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really???? I don't think pharmaceuticals is what Revelations 18:23 refers to.

The sorcery Revelations 18:23 refers to is probably more like the magic of Pharoah's magicians.
Paganism and the magic.. Amen. That is what they knew when John wrote the words. and that is how it should be interpreted

Reactions: Josho

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe there is more than just that one motive for healthy skepticism.
I know more and more people who get the vaccine. And have yet to witness any of what is being spread by fear.

Have people suffered from vaccines? Yes. Have they died? I am sure they have. That is a risk people take from any substance they take into their bodies. Not to mention. These vaccines have to be controlled. If anything happens to the controls. It could change the vaccine and that could cause harm to people who take it.

How would we know this may be a possibility? A group of people in one area all get sick from the same batch..

Is it as dangerous as the conspirasists want us to believe?

If it was I would not only see it. I would be right with them in getting the news out.

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it as dangerous as the conspirasists want us to believe?

If it was I would not only see it. I would be right with them in getting the news out.
As I alluded to earlier, I received all of my vaccines fine (before 1979).
Two of my children were severely injured by the post-1979 rubella vaccine.
(The chickenpox vaccine uses the same cell base, but all my children got chickenpox before that vaccine was made.)
My younger children received every other routine vaccine but rubella & HPV (which has been a lawsuit cash cow).

I am mildly autistic [ASD1] from birth, not due to vaccines. Some of my children are also autistic.
Two of my children have severe forms of autism [ASD2 & ASD3].
They could not get compensation, because autism was found to exist apart from said rubella vax.
I agree that vaccines do not cause autism; it is hereditary.
The disinformation there is that it turns mild cases of autism [ASD1] into severe cases [ASD2/3]* (so it is still an injury, if not widely recognized as such). It only affects children with a preexisting condition.

Old school-style vaccines have not been a problem for us.
I hope that the mRNA types will prove to be equally safe,
but you will have to understand why we are not so eager to try them this early in the game.

*...instead of a non-autistic into an autistic.

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Brother you do have the right to say what you want as long as you don't offend anyone, but then again you know that.

I've since retracted my words when I said certain people on here, I didn't mean that, I've since apologized to Rita and that goes for @Cassandra also, so let Peace reign.

We all have our views and opinions, but sometimes it's best to keep things to yourself as I have a hard time doing.
When I see that I was wrong, I admit it. I wish we all would.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I alluded to earlier, I received all of my vaccines fine (before 1979).
Two of my children were severely injured by the post-1979 rubella vaccine.
(The chickenpox vaccine uses the same cell base, but all my children got chickenpox before that vaccine was made.)
My younger children received every other routine vaccine but rubella & HPV (which has been a lawsuit cash cow).

I am mildly autistic [ASD1] from birth, not due to vaccines. Some of my children are also autistic.
Two of my children have severe forms of autism [ASD2 & ASD3].
They could not get compensation, because autism was found to exist apart from said rubella vax.
I agree that vaccines do not cause autism; it is hereditary.
The disinformation there is that it turns mild cases of autism [ASD1] into severe cases [ASD2/3]* (so it is still an injury, if not widely recognized as such). It only affects children with a preexisting condition.

Old school-style vaccines have not been a problem for us.
I hope that the mRNA types will prove to be equally safe,
but you will have to understand why we are not so eager to try them this early in the game.

*...instead of a non-autistic into an autistic.
Nor woulds I insist you take it beyond your faith. It sounds like it may be a risk for you so I would be careful.

But this is not the fear I am talking about my brother. You do not have fear you are being careful. That's honorable.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you ever have a problem with something I post then please let me know ……..I wasn’t actually addressing you personally.
Ok let me try and explain why I mention the elections. At the time most members were Trump supporters, but some of us had mixed views but every time we tried to say anything we were often bounced on by the trump supporters. As I came from the U.K. I was often told I didn’t know anything …..so there was very few threads you could start or go to where you could actually just express your views and discuss them openly.
I feel the same thing is happening with the vaccine ……..as soon as anyone mentions anything you get the same responses ……I have slightly different views and even though I don’t believe everything that is happening I would like to be able to just talk freely without being told indirectly that Jesus is not my saviour, or that no Christian should believe anything about the whole plandemic ect ect
So I thought I would say something, that’s all…….I wasn’t speaking as a moderator, just as a member who perhaps wants to talk about other aspects of the vaccines without being preached at …..
I presumed the OP was addressed to those who didn’t have definite views about the vaccines……….
Rita

I was pro-Trump because I don't work, don't have a life, watched everything unfold, knew what was going on, unlike most, who didn't have the time.
After the election, I saw that the right-wing media didn't do the things that I was led to believe they would do...almost like it was business as usual. I ended up realizing that I wasn't a conservative, but a left-of-center libertarian who was pushed right by the crazy far-left.
I have a motto that I try to live by, "You may disagree with me, but I'll defend your right to disagree with me." Many are determined to prove that they are right. I won't repeat some of the things that have been said to me.
I like to have the freedom to express myself without being interfered with, though I guess I've come to expect it. Perhaps I thought that you were doing that. I'm sorry, Rita. I now see that I made a mistake.
I place a high value on talking through problems like we are here. This way things get resolved and we continue being friends.
Voices of true reason are few and far between, but they sure are refreshing!

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a Christian confused about taking the vaccine?

Nope - I take vaccines every year when medically required without a second thought, and the Covid vaccines (whether they actually work or not) are no different than tetanus, or Flu (Covid Booster shot coming up - Pfizer).

The whole "Covid thing" is "just another" disease, which has been politicized, and manipulated all out of proportion by the Media primarily, and there's an idiotic trend toward trying to convince folks that the Vaccine is "Dangerous" and will kill you, I'm used to all that catawalling, and (like I've been doing since 2019) pretty much IGNORE all the foolishness.

I go to work every day, eat out every day in restaurants that are open, wear a mask when the sign says to, don't bother when there's no sign, get together with others as usual, Pick Bluegrass with others so inclined, and wait for all the HOOPLA to end, and take NOTHING that the CDC or the Talking heads say seriously (since it's all part of the "program").

Sure - I know folks that have died with Covid. I know many more folks that have had it, and got over it - vaccinated, and un-vaccinated (since the vaccine does nothing to stop you from being infected and passing it on). At my age, Friends tend to die all the time anyway from any number of causes.

I'm 79, Diabetic, had 13 heart attacks, two open hearts, and congestive heart failure, so I'm easily qualified to be vaccinated - so I am.

But as a Christian, getting OUTTA HERE for my REAL eternal home isn't a "threat" - it's a HOPE.

Religious folks these days are even trying to sell: "Mark of the Beast" foolishness related to the vaccine. But in the next few years, it'll be over, and we can all go on to obsess about the next manufactured "Sky is falling" emergency.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thinking on this some more……..there is quite a dilemma for parents of children under a certain age, and pregnant women. My son has not had the vaccine, but his daughter is going to have it, she is 14 in December. Over here they have decided that children over 13 can make the decision without their parents consent ….now personally I think 13 is too young ………if it was 16 I would understand.
My middle sons wife is pregnant and took quite awhile to decide what to do….her mum is anti vax , my son is pro vax ……she was caught in the middle. When you have the responsibility of another life I think it is a much harder decision to make. Many pregnant women have died in the third trimester because their bodies are struggling anyway …hence why covid can take a hold and be difficult to fight off………..
This whole dilemma is difficult for non Christians as well…..I guess we should be grateful that we can at least seek the Lords counsel x
Rita
I think I probably wouldn't take the vaccine if I were a pregnant woman. But I certainly wouldn't judge another's decision to the contrary. :)

(My entire family has had the Pfizer vaccine. My son didn't get the booster yet because he developed a ringing in his ears shortly after the first dose. He's indefinite about whether he will ever get it. My daughter works in a large ICU and watches people die every day, mostly unvaccinated, and it's really wearing her thin, bless her heart.)