Are you a subject to a King?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Tell me this, are the queens and kings of this world walking according to the Spirit?

This is most likely my last question. If your answer be yes, my debating in this thread is of no purpose. If your answer be no, I will be able to explain you my point.

That's still a loaded illogical question that it would be wrong to give a simple yes or no answer to, because why don't I simply ask if you are walking according to The Spirit? Give me a simple yes or no answer, and your answer will depend on whether or not I continue this matter with you. See, that's the kind of irrational logic you're following, like trying to lay a trap.

I don't personally know you, and already I can answer that if you be a believer on Jesus Christ, even at your best you sometimes fail to walk by The Holy Spirit. Would that likewise apply to all believers on Christ Jesus, including Christian kings and queens? Yes, of course.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
That's still a loaded illogical question that it would be wrong to give a simple yes or no answer to, because why don't I simply ask if you are walking according to The Spirit? Give me a simple yes or no answer, and your answer will depend on whether or not I continue this matter with you. See, that's the kind of irrational logic you're following, like trying to lay a trap.

I don't personally know you, and already I can answer that if you be a believer on Jesus Christ, even at your best you sometimes fail to walk by The Holy Spirit. Would that likewise apply to all believers on Christ Jesus, including Christian kings and queens? Yes, of course.

Yes, that is true.

Only it's like this; an animal is known by where it runs to when in danger. A bird flies away. A mouse runs into it's hole. They go where their home is.

We are, in a sense, the same. Only with 2 different options. Either it is the Spirit, or the flesh.

Let me then rephrase the question. Do these kings and queens, although they do not do it perfectly or all the time, follow the Spirit? Is it where they run to in times of trouble?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Yes, that is true.

Only it's like this; an animal is known by where it runs to when in danger. A bird flies away. A mouse runs into it's hole. They go where their home is.

We are, in a sense, the same. Only with 2 different options. Either it is the Spirit, or the flesh.

Let me then rephrase the question. Do these kings and queens, although they do not do it perfectly or all the time, follow the Spirit? Is it where they run to in times of trouble?

Read your Old Testament and you'll find the answer to that question. I really shouldn't be the one to give it to you. I'd rather our Heavenly Father Himself did. Today's Christian kings and queens fall under the same examples, some working good, some working evil, some remembering to call on God, and others forgetting Who assigned them their royal office.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Ahh! Now we are getting somewhere I think! :)

Yes. I agree: some kings do good and some do evil. But does that make them Christian? No. The Good Samaritan wasn't Christian.

Christianity is on a whole other level. Christianity calls to be conformed to Christ.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Ahh! Now we are getting somewhere I think! :)

Yes. I agree: some kings do good and some do evil. But does that make them Christian? No. The Good Samaritan wasn't Christian.

Christianity is on a whole other level. Christianity calls to be conformed to Christ.

That's absolutism, and it would apply even to yourself if you'd take time to think about it. Because what you're actually saying is that anyone who is not perfect in following Christ is not a Christian.

Well, what about yourself? Have you always been PERFECT in following our Lord Jesus Christ??? I know, and you know, the answer to that is a big no. Otherwise you would be making yourself out as Christ Jesus instead.

We can be 'counted' as perfect when we try, and repent to Christ when we fall short, but that's as far as we can go in our walk with Him. All born in the flesh have been concluded under sin so that Salvation would be by Faith on Jesus Christ (Gal.3:22).

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
You make assumptions about what I am saying too quickly, veteran :)

I am not making a disctinction between those who do it perfectly and those who don't. I am making a distinction between those who simply, like the good samaritan, love their neighbour, but do not serve God, and those who surrender to God's spirit to do the works HE wants them to do.

The first are righteous, the second are holy men.

All born in the flesh have been concluded under sin so that Salvation would be by Faith on Jesus Christ (Gal.3:22).

That is true. Jesus told Nicodemus 'Whatever is born of the flesh is flesh, and whatever is born of the Spirit is spirit.' And John says 'whoever is born from above cannot sin, because the seed of God is in him, and remains.'

I do not claim sinless perfection, I am far from it. But I do believe that if a man give himself entirely to God, and let God shape him, he can arrive there. I don't want to be of those who take one part of scripture to deny another. When God says 'Through me, all things are possible', I believe him.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
You make assumptions about what I am saying too quickly, veteran :)

I am not making a disctinction between those who do it perfectly and those who don't. I am making a distinction between those who simply, like the good samaritan, love their neighbour, but do not serve God, and those who surrender to God's spirit to do the works HE wants them to do.

The first are righteous, the second are holy men.

That is true. Jesus told Nicodemus 'Whatever is born of the flesh is flesh, and whatever is born of the Spirit is spirit.' And John says 'whoever is born from above cannot sin, because the seed of God is in him, and remains.'

I do not claim sinless perfection, I am far from it. But I do believe that if a man give himself entirely to God, and let God shape him, he can arrive there. I don't want to be of those who take one part of scripture to deny another. When God says 'Through me, all things are possible', I believe him.

Prentis, you're just going around in circles, not getting anywhere, for John also said, "If we say we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us" (1 John 1:10).

Our discussion began with your false assumption that the kings and queens on earth have no authority from The Lord. I shared the fact with you that the Queen sitting on the throne in England today is head of Christ's Church there on this earth. Christ is still The Head over all... Churches, and over all kings and queens, but the royal lines in Christian European nations are still Christian head over the Church there with God-given authority as Defenders Of The Faith. There are enemies of Christ on earth today that try to destroy that. I even pointed you to Biblical prophecy about their establishing.

Yet you chose to bring in doubt by your question of whether or not those kings and queens walk according to The Spirit.

Now that you've admitted that you yourself can never be perfect in walking by The Spirit, what consolation now belongs to those kings and queens in that?

And now, on another thread, you slight the importance of getting understanding in God's Word for the end times we are now in, even mocking those who do, simply because you cannot understand what the debates going on are about.

God calls His people for different operations by The Holy Spirit, and they are all important. He does not give everyone the happy-go-lucky easy sense He's given you, for some He calls to go in-depth into study of His Word as pastors to feed His flock. Some are called to be mainly evangelists to spread The Gospel, others as ministers to the sick and poor, etc.. I admonish you to find your specific calling, and get into all of His Word with understanding, especially because of the times ahead.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Prentis, you're just going around in circles, not getting anywhere, for John also said, "If we say we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us" (1 John 1:10).

You didn't understand my point. My point is exactly that; the Bible says both that ALL have sinned, and that all things are possible in Christ. The only way we can believe the Bible, and not take one part of it against the other, is if we believe that indeed all have sinned, but in Christ we can indeed cease from sin.

Our discussion began with your false assumption that the kings and queens on earth have no authority from The Lord. I shared the fact with you that the Queen sitting on the throne in England today is head of Christ's Church there on this earth. Christ is still The Head over all... Churches, and over all kings and queens, but the royal lines in Christian European nations are still Christian head over the Church there with God-given authority as Defenders Of The Faith. There are enemies of Christ on earth today that try to destroy that. I even pointed you to Biblical prophecy about their establishing.

Again, I believe God decides all things, and yes they have been placed there by the Lord. But that does not make them Christian. The head of the Church is Christ. Nations can only be Christian by name, not by practice.

Yet you chose to bring in doubt by your question of whether or not those kings and queens walk according to The Spirit.

You remain unable to answer that. Do they?

Now that you've admitted that you yourself can never be perfect in walking by The Spirit, what consolation now belongs to those kings and queens in that?

Again, you assume too quickly off of what I say. I believe that by the power of Christ in me, I can walk sinlessly. I am there? No. I dont want to lie on the subject. I am not yet a strong spiritual man, and I have not yet been brought to maturity. But I have faith that Christ can do all things.

And now, on another thread, you slight the importance of getting understanding in God's Word for the end times we are now in, even mocking those who do, simply because you cannot understand what the debates going on are about.

God calls His people for different operations by The Holy Spirit, and they are all important. He does not give everyone the happy-go-lucky easy sense He's given you, for some He calls to go in-depth into study of His Word as pastors to feed His flock. Some are called to be mainly evangelists to spread The Gospel, others as ministers to the sick and poor, etc.. I admonish you to find your specific calling, and get into all of His Word with understanding, especially because of the times ahead.

Brother, forgive me if I have not been clear. Studying the Bible is good. But in all things (including that) we must be led of the Spirit. The Spirit decides when the time comes. And yes, each has his place in the body.

I ask you again, if you can answer me this one question, do the kings and queens follow the Spirit?