Are You Dead to Self?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Puzzles, lol.

Well, man was not a "living soul" until God breathed the breath of Life into him. The person passes from this world, the spirit of the person goes right back to God and "ashes to ashes, dust..."

Another verse that keeps me thinking on this also is "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord"... Hmm.
Oh sister...I'm going to do a podcast on that very thing...2 Cor. 5. ;) Of course this will be a deeper spiritual understanding teaching as opposed to what people normally read into the text. What else would it be??? :)

• Haha
Reactions: Nancy

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Episkopos dead to self?

1. an overseer
    1. a man charged with the duty of seeing that things to be done by others are done rightly, any curator, guardian or superintendent
    2. the superintendent, elder, or overseer of a Christian church

• Haha
Reactions: Anonymous 1

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. We have definite advantages over those who had the law as a tutor. That even sounds like a school...the school of the law..like grade-school. And the New Covenant by grace is like high school (the higher walk ;))

But the exams are harder in high school than in grade school. So then there is an equivalent difficulty at both levels. For the Israelites it was about a physical Promised Land. For us it is a spiritual heavenly realm (kingdom). But there is so much unbelief in BOTH cases.

Having received grace from God, we are now tested in our faith at that level. This is not a physical test of faith...but a spiritual test of faith. And our record is no better than the ones who went before us. Although I would say that the early church had a kick-start into the race of faith because of all the men and women who had a direct contact with the Lord. After that the devil slowly got the upper hand...turning a living faith into a dead religion to name and claim and justify oneself with...without any faith whatsoever. Creeds and belief systems now prevail.
I imagine how hard it must have been for the Jews to receive the grace given through Jesus. For centuries they were taught differently. Heck, I still find it almost impossible to imagine His amazing grace toward us. Only when extending that grace can I even come close to how huge and endless (it seems) His grace really is.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh sister...I'm going to do a podcast on that very thing...2 Cor. 5. ;) Of course this will be a deeper spiritual understanding teaching as opposed to what people normally read into the text. What else would it be??? :)
Cool!

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You're the alternative then?

Are you dead to self?
Not at this time. But if you watch the video you'll see that there are lasting effects to having experienced that death. You would have to know how God works to better frame a proper question in regard to the work of the cross in the life of a disciple.

Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Puzzles, lol.

Well, man was not a "living soul" until God breathed the breath of Life into him. The person passes from this world, the spirit of the person goes right back to God and "ashes to ashes, dust..."

Another verse that keeps me thinking on this also is "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord"... Hmm.
Your first sentence tells me nothing new and your second statement means you are present with the Lord after he raises you from the dead.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at this time. But if you watch the video you'll see that there are lasting effects to having experienced that death. You would have to know how God works to better frame a proper question in regard to the world of the cross in the life of a disciple.
My questions were quite suitable. You,like another one here calling himself Arthur, need to learn humility.

Then you wouldn't look as if you are pride filled and arrogant ,thinking yourselves more aware than the rest of us.
Let me tell you, with those attitudes, you aren't. Jesus was God Almighty.

Neither you or those others who talk down to members who bother to reply to threads like this, behave as Jesus did in teaching his Gospel.

The, you need to know more before you can talk to me, line is Satanic.

No need to continue this.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I have been looking for this for many years. I always knew the body rots in the ground. The spirit goes back to God. And then I was taught the soul leaves the body as breath life.

Man is Tri-Part

Body
Soul
Spirit

You live in a Body
Your Soul is your (Mind, Will, and Emotions)
Your Spirit is the real you, as its the part of you that is BORN AGAIN, and becomes the "Son-Daughter" 0f God, and eventually gets the new body.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is not a physical test of faith...but a spiritual test of faith.

Try to explain what YOU mean by that, ...

List a few "spiritual tests" you are describing". and let see if they are spiritual or if they are your usual "self effort".

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Try to explain what YOU mean by that, ...

List a few "spiritual tests" you are describing". and let see if they are spiritual or if they are your usual "self effort".
Are the dead raised through a self-effort? They are certainly not raised by appropriating certain religious beliefs.

The problem is when you mistake the spiritual realm for a religious ideology or dogmatic position. So for you when I say eternal life...you think of an after-life. When I say, seek the Lord...in order to be where He is now...that makes no sense to you, as you believe you will only go to the abiding place when you "go to heaven" in an after life.

What you don't understand is the nature of the gospel being a heavenly place right now. For you ANY seeking, praying, searching, crying out...to God...is self-effort. But in doing so you throw out the very lifeline God has extended to those who wish to know Him. You throw out obedience as "works"-based. Why? Because your starting place is wrong. You are starting in YOURSELF. Your own beliefs. Those beliefs are not faith. So ANY effort from that starting place is works...self-effort.

But what if you could start in heaven? Being empowered to walk as Jesus walked. Would that be self-effort? Or would that be the kind of works that were prepared in advance that produce gold, silver and precious stones? When there is self-effort there is wood, hay and stubble. But not all efforts are based on self.

Obedience is necessary when there is love. And the commandment is to love. Jesus asks us...why do you call Me Lord and do not what I say??

We are to strive to enter in through the narrow way. Through physical effort? NO... through exercising our faith. We are to seek first to enter into the eternal realm of the Spirit (kingdom) by human effort? No...by faith.

I started in heaven...Zion...the kingdom realm. I was translated to walk where Jesus IS right now...Why and how??? I don't know. But Peter describes the OBTAINING of faith (as by lot) from God. This faith is generated from above... not from us. That's what Paul is talking about where there is no boasting in what WE can do.

Ironically, you are doing exactly what you accuse me of doing...starting from self...you can't take any more steps...then it would become obvious that the whole scheme is self-generated...even if you got the idea from the bible.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Are the dead raised through a self-effort?

I asked you to post what you mean by "spiritual Tests", and you talk about raising the dead.

Did you want to talk about ping-pong next?

The problem is when you mistake the spiritual realm for a religious ideology or dogmatic position.

I asked you what you mean by "spiritual Test" and you are not answering because you have no answer.
You are talking about ME.

And i asked you about your false teaching..... your "spiritual tests'.

What you don't understand is the nature of the gospel being a heavenly place right now.

Again you are not answering my question.

I asked you to post your "spiritual Tests", and you are instead trying to sound spiritual as you usually try to do.

= "Crickets", .

Obedience is necessary, and i started in the Zion realm

See, i told you that you would not be able to explain anything about "spiritual Tests", and i told you that you would start talking about... "self effort" and now you are into your "obedience" acid rap, as usual, and once again your "Higher walk in Ziion" is being churned out like dead fish.

So, as i said, you have nothing.
You are vain jangling Theology, personified.
Your teaching starts with self effort, then pretends its spiritual, and then just ends up as Legalism.
Your entire Theological BLUFF is to use a few "phrases" that will sound spiritual or mystical to the easily deceived kiddies who are looking to hear this junk.
That is your purpose., as proven by your posts, Threads, and Videos.

Same as always.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
. your "spiritual tests'.
Does God not test our spirit are you being serious?

He has been testing mine for the past 32 yrs on and off.

Our spirit is obedient to God not our head.....my spirit has passed with flying colours, in the area that God tested my spirit, via His Holy Spiritual...we are in the spirit not religious dogma, Brother?

Deuteronomy 8:2-3And you shall remember that the LORD your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.

Our spirit is obedient to the Living word of God...we submit to His Spirit?

We are Spirit led..you must know that?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Does God not test our spirit are you being serious?

There is no verse in the bible that says that God tests your spirit @Ritajanice

God tests your faith and your obedience and your will.

So as you noticed, I asked Epi to post his "spiritual tests".

He hasn't tried to answer it so far.
What he'll probably try to do is change the subject, again, and then wait for you to try to rescue him.

Reactions: APAK

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is no verse in the bible that says that God tests your spirit @Ritajanice

God tests your faith and your obedience and your will.

So as you noticed, I asked Epi to post his "spiritual tests".

He hasn't tried to answer it so far.
What he'll probably try to do is change the subject, again
We are Spirit led...what in us is Spirit led?

What in us is Spirit led @Behold ?

Our spirit is Born Again....God tests what’s in our hearts?

“We speak,” Paul says, “to please God who tests our hearts.” God tests our hearts. In fact throughout scripture, we hear that God searches us, he examines us.

According to the bible, the heart is the center of our being. Jesus said that it was from the heart that the mouth speaks (Matt 12:34), and from the heart come the things we think and do (Mark 7:21-22). The heart then is the part of man from which our life flows (Prov 4:23).

Deuteronomy 8:2-3And you shall remember that the LORD your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.

God told me not to do something in my spirit/heart, just like he told Adam and Eve, they went against his Spirit/ Heart? @Behold ?

I wouldn’t dare go against his Living word that he spoke to my spirit/ heart.. via His Living Holy Spirit.

Never in a million years would I go against God’s Spirit/ Heart...I would sooner die.

I’m in the spirit I’m not in the flesh... we are led by the Holy Spirit...our spirit is led by Him.

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are Spirit led...what in us is Spirit led?

What in us is Spirit led @Behold ?

Our spirit is Born Again....God tests what’s in our hearts?

“We speak,” Paul says, “to please God who tests our hearts.” God tests our hearts. In fact throughout scripture, we hear that God searches us, he examines us.

God told me not to do something in my spirit/heart, just like he told Adam and Eve, they went against his Spirit/ Heart? @Behold ?

I wouldn’t dare go against his Living word that he spoke to my spirit/ heart.. via His Living Holy Spirit.

Never in a million years would I go against God’s Spirit...I would sooner die.

I’m in the spirit I’m not in the flesh... we are led by the Holy Spirit...our spirit is led by Him.
That's the point I believe Behold is trying to make, as he has been tested over the years, as I, yourself, and anyone in Christ. It is an indication that God is in you.

These spiritual tests are personal 'seemingly random' to us, many times, that test and counsel our heart.. These inquiries enable or activate our spirit of counseling, of a teachable heart that we possess when we are found lacking, of sin, or not even sin. They are Godly counseling and disciplinary sessions. And as you seem to agree, it take many years, in fact your entire life. And this is triggered by one of the 7 spirit qualities of the Spirit of God we now own. Yes, this Spirit you love and claim and speak of within you, is really comprised of 7 essential spirits, that Christ also possesses.

If you stuck around for the Bible Study thread that still continues, you would might have picked up on this point already.

:)