Are You Free From The Law?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
COOL! (need is as God says, in His Word; )
Yes, TORAH written on their hearts resulted in their doing what God Says, and God Says they are justified (Romans 2, concerning gentiles who do as He says even though they don't have TORAH to read) ....
I have no idea what you are posting, what is written on the heart of the regenerated is the law of Christ.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea what you are posting, what is written on the heart of the regenerated is the law of Christ.
Most people don't know that "TORAH" is over one hundred times IN THE NEW TESTAMENT.

See if desired in the available translations at biblegateway, or blueletterbible, dots com.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It can, but we can't be justified by it, because if we offend in any we're judged guilty of it all .
Clarify?

"offend" in any , is quite different from "trangress" in any ....

Jesus says "Blessed are those who find no offense in Me" (yet many do stumble over Him).
The truth is a stumbling block to those loving darkness instead of truth,
and they are offended by it, - they are offended by everyone who walks in the LIGHT (JESUS).

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:1-2 King James Version (KJV)

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Do you think you are free from the Law?

Short answer; No
Long answer; Why not...

1) "the Law" was given the ethnic Hebrews & Tribes.
2) I am Gentile, to which "the Law" was not given me;
So no, I am not "FREED" from "the Law", I was never "subject to".

Romans 1:
[7] To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul is speaking "To":
Hebrews, Jews, Tribes, Gentile's:
In Rome, as Rome, having a diverse population of Tribes and Gentiles.

Paul is speaking "About":
"Gods Love of all men"
"Gods Calling of all men to be saints"
"Gods offering of Grace to all men"
"Gods offering of Peace to all men"

How can you be free from the Law when you cannot stop Sinning?

[A SIN, for a Hebrew & Tribal ethnic Person ...
Under/SUBJECT "to" the Law...is/was ANY Violation/disobedience of "the Law".
A Violation included MANY "things"...
* acts, behaviors toward God, behaviors toward men, etc.
Examples:
* not washing before eating
* not obeying parents
** not believing God
** not Trusting God
*** making a slave of another Tribal member
*** cheating another Tribal member

So in EFFECT...a Tribal member UNDER "the Law / their Law"...
Tribal members COULD Sin:
Against THE LAW:
Against GOD:
and Against "Other men".]

Romans 8:
[1] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:1 is "directly" to Tribal members:
1) THEY, (IF) having Become "in Christ" (which is effected BY Conversion)...
" THEY"...are:
FREED Expressly from the "Consequences" of "the Law".

[ The Law of Moses, was the The instruction for what the Tribal Member Could Do and Could Not Do...
The Law of Moses ALSO included "Curse Laws"...(which is like what we call "Penal Laws)...which is Law that defines the "the Consequence" for Violating a Law.]

It was Aaron (A Priest and brother of Moses), who would Hear, a charge of a Law Violation, and based on the Facts, decide IF a violation occurred, and IF it did occur; According to what the Law said was the Consequence is; that Lawful Consequence, would be Effected upon the accused and guilty person.)

Romans 8:1
Released Every Tribal Member (IN Christ) From the "Consequences" of a Mosaic Law Violation.

How? Why?

A Law...has NO force or Effect...without a Consequence, for Violating the Law.

A Law...not yet fulfilled...remains a Law, UNTIL it is Fulfilled/ Accomplished.

Jesus Fulfilled the Law.

A man (in Christ)...believes Jesus Fulfilled the Law.

Once the Law was Fulfilled...the "Curse/penal Law, became Void.

Is "direct" knowledge to the Tribes, they WHO become in Christ...are released from the Consequences (curse Law "punishments")

Romans 8:1 & 2
"Indirectly" notifies a "Gentile", any man who becomes "in Christ", is released from SIN & DEATH.

Heb 1:2
[2] For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

And the Knowledge revealed for all:
About being "released" from a "Spiritual" death.

How can you be free from the Law when you cannot stop sinning?

I do not Continue "sin-ING".

What IS Sin,
For a Ethnic Tribal person under the Jewish Law?
For a Gentile never Under the Law?

Already should be known, who the Law was given to...and Violation of "their Law" was a SIN.

So what is a SIN for a Gentile?
His Sinful FLESH Corrupting his Soul.
He not believing IN the Lord God Almighty.

Scripture tells us Over and Over...
Believe IN God.
Believe IN Jesus.
Believe: Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God.
Confess your Belief with your own Heartful Belief.

And the consequence
For: not believing?
* Eternal separation from God.
For: confessing Heartful Belief?
* Forgiven and Freed from all Sin.
* Eternal Spiritual Life Forever With God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Short answer; No
Long answer; Why not...

1) "the Law" was given the ethnic Hebrews & Tribes.
2) I am Gentile, to which "the Law" was not given me;
So no, I am not "FREED" from "the Law", I was never "subject to".

Romans 1:
[7] To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul is speaking "To":
Hebrews, Jews, Tribes, Gentile's:
In Rome, as Rome, having a diverse population of Tribes and Gentiles.

Paul is speaking "About":
"Gods Love of all men"
"Gods Calling of all men to be saints"
"Gods offering of Grace to all men"
"Gods offering of Peace to all men"

[A SIN, for a Hebrew & Tribal ethnic Person ...
Under/SUBJECT "to" the Law...is/was ANY Violation/disobedience of "the Law".
A Violation included MANY "things"...
* acts, behaviors toward God, behaviors toward men, etc.
Examples:
* not washing before eating
* not obeying parents
** not believing God
** not Trusting God
*** making a slave of another Tribal member
*** cheating another Tribal member

So in EFFECT...a Tribal member UNDER "the Law / their Law"...
Tribal members COULD Sin:
Against THE LAW:
Against GOD:
and Against "Other men".]

Romans 8:
[1] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:1 is "directly" to Tribal members:
1) THEY, (IF) having Become "in Christ" (which is effected BY Conversion)...
" THEY"...are:
FREED Expressly from the "Consequences" of "the Law".

[ The Law of Moses, was the The instruction for what the Tribal Member Could Do and Could Not Do...
The Law of Moses ALSO included "Curse Laws"...(which is like what we call "Penal Laws)...which is Law that defines the "the Consequence" for Violating a Law.]

It was Aaron (A Priest and brother of Moses), who would Hear, a charge of a Law Violation, and based on the Facts, decide IF a violation occurred, and IF it did occur; According to what the Law said was the Consequence is; that Lawful Consequence, would be Effected upon the accused and guilty person.)

Released Every Tribal Member (IN Christ) From the "Consequences" of a Mosaic Law Violation.

How? Why?

A Law...has NO force or Effect...without a Consequence, for Violating the Law.

A Law...not yet fulfilled...remains a Law, UNTIL it is Fulfilled/ Accomplished.

Jesus Fulfilled the Law.

A man (in Christ)...believes Jesus Fulfilled the Law.

Once the Law was Fulfilled...the "Curse/penal Law, became Void.

Is "direct" knowledge to the Tribes, they WHO become in Christ...are released from the Consequences (curse Law "punishments")

Romans 8:1 & 2
"Indirectly" notifies a "Gentile", any man who becomes "in Christ", is released from SIN & DEATH.

Heb 1:2
[2] For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

And the Knowledge revealed for all:
About being "released" from a "Spiritual" death.
Why is what you've posted so hard to be seen. Is it just a misunderstanding of what scripture is speaking to whom?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, that is still not an answer.
I'll say it more clearly-

I asked you why Jesus bothered to come and die on the cross for the sin of mankind, if we must keep the law to be saved.

Please answer. ..thank you.
I'll answer for him, its because he's presenting a Gospel of salvation through works.

onlyme17

Mar 31, 2020
Western Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, no response to scripture, or facts. You are a sinner also. You certainly are not obeying the whole Mosaic law. It's impossible.

Agree

If the children of Israel could have kept the law, then Jesus would not have had to come in man's place and died for us.

The law could not be kept...we have the whole of the OT to show us that..
God gave 4,000 yrs to show man that it was impossible to keep the Law.

The Lamb was ready before time began.. " The Lamb slain before the creation of the world "

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The function of the Law is to point us to Christ. The Law cannot save us because we can't keep it as required. Jesus Christ is the only One who can free us from the wrath of God and the penalty for our failure to keep God's Law.

Indeed so...!

"But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.
And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter
And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they." Acts 15:5-11

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is what you've posted so hard to be seen. Is it just a misunderstanding of what scripture is speaking to whom?

It is a LONG history of "misTeaching"...(by Gentiles)... and as the Catholic Church likes to take "credit" for their Long History of Church association, I as well give them "credit" for a Long history of "mis-Teaching"....
And thereafter, "some" breaking away from Catholic "Doctrine" ...and following "Christ's Doctrine" instead.

Many churches Teach:
"men sin against men";
"men can forgive men of sin;
"God "only" forgives the Confession of "past" sin.
* men "In Christ", continue to sin.
* continual asking God for forgiveness is required.

Based on Scriptural Truths I do no believe any of those things.

And yes...all Scripture is True...BUT ALL Scripture Does Not APPLY TO All people.

Scripture teaches to "DIVIDE" the word of Truth..
IOW---APPLY TO YOU What Does APPLY TO you, and Do NOT APPLY TO you what does Not Apply to you.

BOL...is well known for self-authorizing himself, dictating to others what apples "to them"....when the person themselves have said no such thing.

Scriptures first written were Not with punctuation...Just written Truths, the common person, hearing the Scriptures, was well aware of what was to/for Them, and what was to/ for an other.

It should be no different today, regardless of the punctuation. One Verse separated by a comma, could be speaking about Two completely Different persons...like a believer and a non-believer...or the Converted and the non- Converted...or a Jew and a Gentile.
(but IMO, it is the same problem in Scripture as in Schools...failure of the student being Taught "how to Learn".)

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Waiting on him

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Indeed so...!

"But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.
And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter
And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they." Acts 15:5-11
A yoke is a symbol of bondage and Peter who was a Jew himself must have been astounded that the Pharisees still wanted to continue under the law. Neither we or our fathers could bear the yoke of the law he said. I can imagine him shouting above the crowd, "We have been SAVED by the grace of God." To which I say, "Hallelujah."

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A yoke is a symbol of bondage and Peter who was a Jew himself must have been astounded that the Pharisees still wanted to continue under the law. Neither we or our fathers could bear the yoke of the law he said. I can imagine him shouting above the crowd, "We have been SAVED by the grace of God." To which I say, "Hallelujah."
Amen!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked Jesus into my heart as a child and knew nothing of this, none of which affects my walk with Christ who saved me and has kept me to this very day. :)

I am going back to bed, saddened by they way Christianity is being destroyed with talk of morality and Mosaic Law, that for the believer ended with Christ. Speak to you later.

Sounds like just another country Church learning, and not real learning in all of God's Word.

I suppose you've never read what Apostle Paul said here about the law.

1 Tim 1:8-11

8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

KJV

Our Lord Jesus didn't do away with God's law against murder, rape, thefts, perjury, etc. The whole of Christian society would fall if there were no laws to protect it and God's people. It's one of the things that distinguish the nations of God's people from the pagans who worship idols, etc.!

You really just don't know what you're talking about. And no, I am not Jewish. I am a Protestant Christian, a descendant of French huguenots (the first French Protestants).

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham. Abraham circumcised himself and his household, as Elohim/God commanded. You must follow the works of Abraham and circumcise.
This is old news buddy! There were guy going into the Galatian churches teaching the same things you are telling us here, and Paul said they were false apostles teaching another gospel. He said anyone preaching a gospel other what he preached (grace through faith in Christ) let him be cursed. He said even if an angel from heaven preached another gospel, let him be cursed! Paul was referring to the false gospel of being circumcised and following the Mosaic law in order to be saved. Yes. We do follow the example of Abraham - he believed God and it was counted to him for righteousness. The demonstration of his belief and faith was that he was prepared to sacrifice his own son when God told him to, and believed that if he did, God would raise the boy from the dead. God stopped him when He saw that Abraham was going to believe God's Word no matter what, even losing his own son. Although God stopped Abraham from sacrificing his son, God sent His own Son to be a sacrifice for us, and He did not stop that sacrifice from going ahead, and because of that, we can put our faith in Christ's finished work on Calvary and know that we are saved.

Paul called those who got circumcised as bodily mutilators, and said we don't have to mutilate our bodies in order to be saved.