Are You Free From The Law?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 3:1-2 King James Version (KJV)

3 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

The Circumcision of the Flesh is the Superior Circumcision compared to the Gentile Circumcision of the Heart. A Jew has an advantage over the Gentile, because of his Circumcision.
That you could say this tells me you haven't studied Judaism that much and you didn't read that passage carefully. Their major advantage is not their circumcision. It is the oracles of God which they received -- oracles meaning things that are oral, not things that are written down.
Circumcision is a requirement of the Law, therefore, if you are Circumcised, you are a debtor to do the whole Law.
What does that mean? Did Abraham keep the whole Law after he was circumcised? Maybe he did.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the circumcised are in debt to the whole law, then I am glad, I am as the Lord made me.
This does not mean what so many think it means. Abraham was circumcised. That was before Moses wrote anything down.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, you can always rip those pages out of your Bible then. . . .
Tear them out along with the rest of the Jewish superstitions. Do you know a lot of Christians only have the New Testamen with the Psalms included? I am a CHRISTIAN for crying out loud and I would like to know why you call yoursel a Christian when we are miles apart.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Along with the rest of the Jewish superstitions. I am a CHRISTIAN for crying out loud.
Are you? You seem to disagree with some things in the New Testament such as:

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

You seemed to have passed these over as well:

Matthew 8:10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

Galatians 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Did Abraham keep the Law of God? He did. But not in the way people tried to keep it by reading the laws given through Moses. Could Abraham have possibly obeyed this commandment given to him by God? Without any written Scriptures to guide him?

Genesis 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are you? You seem to disagree with some things in the New Testament such as:

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

You seemed to have passed these over as well:

Matthew 8:10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

Galatians 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Did Abraham keep the Law of God? He did. But not in the way people tried to keep it by reading the laws given through Moses. Could Abraham have possibly obeyed this commandment given to him by God? Without any written Scriptures to guide him?

Genesis 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
I tell you I am not interested and still you continue. Regarding 2 Timothy there is a lot in the Old Testament that is fit for reproof and correction especially all the violence.

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I guess maybe all scripture is not profitable for everyone. . . . .
Especially when people follow the example of Moses and do to others as he did to his own kith and kin who had not gone into Egypt, but stayed where they were, only to be slaughtered 400 years later.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Especially when people follow the example of Moses and do to others as he did to his own kith and kin who had not gone into Egypt, but stayed where they were, only to be slaughtered 400 years later.
I've no idea what you're talking about. Who did Moses have slaughtered? Here is what I know Moses told Israel about some of their relatives.

Deuteronomy 2:4 And command thou the people, saying, Ye are to pass through the coast of your brethren the children of Esau, which dwell in Seir; and they shall be afraid of you: take ye good heed unto yourselves therefore:
5 Meddle not with them; for I will not give you of their land, no, not so much as a foot breadth; because I have given mount Seir unto Esau for a possession.
6 Ye shall buy meat of them for money, that ye may eat; and ye shall also buy water of them for money, that ye may drink.
7 For the Lord thy God hath blessed thee in all the works of thy hand: he knoweth thy walking through this great wilderness: these forty years the Lord thy God hath been with thee; thou hast lacked nothing.
8 And when we passed by from our brethren the children of Esau, which dwelt in Seir, through the way of the plain from Elath, and from Eziongaber, we turned and passed by the way of the wilderness of Moab.
9 And the Lord said unto me, Distress not the Moabites, neither contend with them in battle: for I will not give thee of their land for a possession; because I have given Ar unto the children of Lot for a possession.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 19:16-19 King James Version (KJV)

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Thank you (and welcome to the forum).

Matt 22:
[36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[38] This is the first and great commandment.
[39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
[40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Glory to God,
Taken

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
2 Peter 2:1 King James Version (KJV)

2 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

You don't have any faith in Messiah/Christ. A False Gospel has been given 2.4 Billion people, because they prefer Evil.
You must have a special gift to be able to look across thousands of miles right down to Upsidedown Land, and right into my heart to see whether I have faith in Christ or not.

Trouble is, does it come from the Holy Spirit or another spirit?

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Isaiah 5:20 King James Version (KJV)

20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Well Spotted! Our Gospel is an Inverse/Reverse of yours.
At first I might have thought you were from the Bible belt of the USA where some wear black suits, have broad brimmed black hats, wear their beard just on their chin, and carry big black Bibles around, and preaching, "Woe to you sinners. Repent or else you will be damned to hellfire!"

But no. You are from the U.K. - however, that country is being overrun by atheists and Muslims, so I can understand if you are following the US Bible Belt model!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've no idea what you're talking about. Who did Moses have slaughtered? Here is what I know Moses told Israel about some of their relatives.

Deuteronomy 2:4 And command thou the people, saying, Ye are to pass through the coast of your brethren the children of Esau, which dwell in Seir; and they shall be afraid of you: take ye good heed unto yourselves therefore:
5 Meddle not with them; for I will not give you of their land, no, not so much as a foot breadth; because I have given mount Seir unto Esau for a possession.
6 Ye shall buy meat of them for money, that ye may eat; and ye shall also buy water of them for money, that ye may drink.
7 For the Lord thy God hath blessed thee in all the works of thy hand: he knoweth thy walking through this great wilderness: these forty years the Lord thy God hath been with thee; thou hast lacked nothing.
8 And when we passed by from our brethren the children of Esau, which dwelt in Seir, through the way of the plain from Elath, and from Eziongaber, we turned and passed by the way of the wilderness of Moab.
9 And the Lord said unto me, Distress not the Moabites, neither contend with them in battle: for I will not give thee of their land for a possession; because I have given Ar unto the children of Lot for a possession.

Thank you.

The I AM made a way, (the plagues), for the Israelites to leave Egypt, even getting them across the Read Sea, God uses nature, not the sword. He cared and provided for them, until the people turned to other gods and idol worship departing from the I AM.

Then we read passages like this:

And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle,
and all their flocks, and all their goods. And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt,
and all their goodly castles, with fire. And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts.

And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation
of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho.
And Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and all the princes of the congregation, went forth to meet them without the camp.
And Moses was wroth with the officers of the host, with the captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds,
which came from the battle.

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?
Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD
in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
(Num 31:9-18)

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you think you are free from the law?
Depends what you mean by “the Law”? Paul says, "Do we then overthrow THE LAW by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold THE LAW" (Romans 3:31). What “law” is he referring to?
How can you be free from the Law when you cannot stop Sinning?
Paul warns believers in Gal 5 that their sins can lead them to Hell. So believers must obey the laws - aka the “commandments” - of Christianity. This is what James means when he says “a man is justified by works and not by faith alone” (James 2:24) - “works” are simply keeping Christ’s commandments (1John 2:3-4), which is how we “Strive for … the holiness without which no one will see the Lord” (Heb 12:14).

Christians are identified as “those who keep the commandments of God and bear testimony to Jesus” (Rev 12:17, reiterated in Rev 14:12, and which is essentially what James 2:24 says).

Furthermore, all believers are under law because all believers will be judged according to their deeds - ie, the degree to which they obeyed those laws:
“As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as He who called you is holy, be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, ‘you shall be holy, for I am holy’. And if you invoke as Father Him who judges each one impartially according to his DEEDS, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile.” (1Peter 1:14-17)

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the mosaic law was not given to be practiced
Nonsense. Tell that to the man who was stoned to death for collecting fire-word on the Sabbath (Num 15:32-36) … and to all the others who were put to death for not practising the Law of Moses.
It was given to lead us as a schoolmaster to Christ. to expose our sin
Let me get this straight: The Law of Moses informed the Hebrews what sin was, but then, knowing what sin was, they ignored the Law and just kept on sinning? You can’t be serious.
it can not even tell us HOW to be righteous. it can only reveal how sinful we really are.
So you’ve never read 2Tim 3:15-17? It says the OT is “profitable … for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
We become righteous in our living by learning the law of Love.
Jesus said the whole Law of Moses stems from love of God and love of neighbour (Matt 22:40).

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
no, Paul did not contradict John, who made it clear people who live in the sins that Paul mentioned in Gal 5 have never seen or known God. He is pleading with the galation church and the people who have yet to make a faith decision and received salvation to not fall. either back to their flesh, or to the law
Paul addresses his epistle “To the churches of Galatia” (Gal 1:2), and refers to them as “brethren” (5:11, 13), so he is obviously addressing BELIEVERS.

Furthermore, in Gal 5, Paul doesn’t say a single word about a lack of faith. Your claim that he is addressing non-believers is pure fantasy.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

The I AM made a way, (the plagues), for the Israelites to leave Egypt, even getting them across the Read Sea, God uses nature, not the sword. He cared and provided for them, until the people turned to other gods and idol worship departing from the I AM.

Then we read passages like this:

And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle,
and all their flocks, and all their goods. And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt,
and all their goodly castles, with fire. And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts.

And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation
of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho.
And Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and all the princes of the congregation, went forth to meet them without the camp.
And Moses was wroth with the officers of the host, with the captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds,
which came from the battle.

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?
Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD
in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
(Num 31:9-18)

Why did you start at verse 9 instead of verse 1? Moses did as he was directed.

Numbers 31:1 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
2 Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites: afterward shalt thou be gathered unto thy people.
3 And Moses spake unto the people, saying, Arm some of yourselves unto the war, and let them go against the Midianites, and avenge the Lord of Midian.

This was over the matter of Baal Peor as you probably know. Moses didn't come up these things on his own.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Something to do with they never believed.
Nonsense. Paul addresses his epistle “To the churches of Galatia” (Gal 1:2), and refers to them as “brethren” (5:11, 13), so he is addressing BELIEVERS. Furthermore, in Gal 5, Paul doesn’t say a single word about lack of faith. Your claim that he is addressing non-believers is a fantasy.So a believer can be a serial killer and still be saved? Just imagine … if Ted Bundy believed in Christ, and then went out and raped and murdered dozens of young women for fun, he would still be saved! That is the theology of an idiot.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why did you start at verse 9 instead of verse 1? Moses did as he was directed.

Numbers 31:1 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
2 Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites: afterward shalt thou be gathered unto thy people.
3 And Moses spake unto the people, saying, Arm some of yourselves unto the war, and let them go against the Midianites, and avenge the Lord of Midian.

This was over the matter of Baal Peor as you probably know. Moses didn't come up these things on his own.

Thank you for pointing out the difference between the I AM who uses nature (He is the creator) and the false god who Moses later turned to.

Last edited: