Are You Free From The Law?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Elihoenai

Mar 2, 2020
London, England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When we study Old and New Testaments we see the need for God to intervene with a new dispension.

I am happy to worship with Anglicans, Methodist, Baptist, Pentecostals etc.

Is the flag of England a Knights Templar flag? The Knights Templar is a Roman Catholic Order. Are all the denominations in England Romanised?

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Elohim/God is in complete control of the Heavenly and Earthly Kingdom.

Jesus said:
If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? (Joh 3:12 KJV)
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. (1Pe 1:18-21 KJV)

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. (Joh 14:2-3 KJV)

This is where I am headed. Praise God.
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. (Rev 21:2-4 KJV)

God's Temple is not built with human hands, but by my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Sorry Elihoenai, this is goodbye.

Elihoenai

Mar 2, 2020
London, England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He did all those things and it was not enough, neither is the law sufficient, in fact it kills. All I can suggest is that we follow Jesus, our new High Priest to the end of our days, in all our ways.

I'm done.

You are not following Yeshua/Jesus. You have been given a False Gospel by Knights Templar aka Freemasons.

Elihoenai

Mar 2, 2020
London, England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
BEeeeeeeeP Wrong answer.

I did not think you knew ( or believed) that is why I asked you.

Jesus came, walked, talked, lived and then shed His powerful cleaning blood, and laid down His life for mankind.

" For God so loved the world, that He gave His beloved Son, that whosoever believeth in Him , should not die but have everlasting life. "

If 'being good' and being a 'true disciple ' was all that was needed and are required to do...then God would not have needed to send His Son as a sacrifice in the place of sinful man.

Jesus Christ was The Last Lamb slain. He didn't cover sin as the blood of the lambs in the OT did yearly...Jesus once and for all, TOOK our sin upon Him and freed us before God.

We are disciples because of love for God, not to become something by working a program.

Matthew 13:14-15 King James Version (KJV)

14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

You don't understand anything you are reading in Scripture/Bible.

Elihoenai

Mar 2, 2020
London, England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That you could say this tells me you haven't studied Judaism that much and you didn't read that passage carefully. Their major advantage is not their circumcision. It is the oracles of God which they received -- oracles meaning things that are oral, not things that are written down.
What does that mean? Did Abraham keep the whole Law after he was circumcised? Maybe he did.

Leviticus 12:2-3 King James Version (KJV)

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean.

3 And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.

Yeshua/Jesus is circumcised in the eighth day.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Leviticus 12:2-3 King James Version (KJV)

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean.

3 And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.

Yeshua/Jesus is circumcised in the eighth day.
Yes, he was born into a Jewish family.

Elihoenai

Mar 2, 2020
London, England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are you? You seem to disagree with some things in the New Testament such as:

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

You seemed to have passed these over as well:

Matthew 8:10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

Galatians 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Did Abraham keep the Law of God? He did. But not in the way people tried to keep it by reading the laws given through Moses. Could Abraham have possibly obeyed this commandment given to him by God? Without any written Scriptures to guide him?

Genesis 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Genesis 26:5 King James Version (KJV)

5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Elihoenai

Mar 2, 2020
London, England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You must have a special gift to be able to look across thousands of miles right down to Upsidedown Land, and right into my heart to see whether I have faith in Christ or not.

Trouble is, does it come from the Holy Spirit or another spirit?

The astute readers of these forums can judge for themselves what Spirit it is from.

Elihoenai

Mar 2, 2020
London, England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
At first I might have thought you were from the Bible belt of the USA where some wear black suits, have broad brimmed black hats, wear their beard just on their chin, and carry big black Bibles around, and preaching, "Woe to you sinners. Repent or else you will be damned to hellfire!"

But no. You are from the U.K. - however, that country is being overrun by atheists and Muslims, so I can understand if you are following the US Bible Belt model!

Yes, you are correct that the UK is overtaken totally by Pagans/Atheist and we are in the firing line for persecution. We rejoice in the persecution.

There are some that believe a Super Antichrist will rise in Britain and, judging through personal experience, this could be the case.

Rise of the Mahdi: The Antichrist Poised to Enter World Stage?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The astute readers of these forums can judge for themselves what Spirit it is from.
Even little children can see the errors in your posts - not all the posts, but some basic ideas you posted a while ago.
The readers of these forums? Maybe, some, to be verified, tested, proven..

Elihoenai

Mar 2, 2020
London, England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Depends what you mean by “the Law”? Paul says, "Do we then overthrow THE LAW by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold THE LAW" (Romans 3:31). What “law” is he referring to?Paul warns believers in Gal 5 that their sins can lead them to Hell. So believers must obey the laws - aka the “commandments” - of Christianity. This is what James means when he says “a man is justified by works and not by faith alone” (James 2:24) - “works” are simply keeping Christ’s commandments (1John 2:3-4), which is how we “Strive for … the holiness without which no one will see the Lord” (Heb 12:14).

Christians are identified as “those who keep the commandments of God and bear testimony to Jesus” (Rev 12:17, reiterated in Rev 14:12, and which is essentially what James 2:24 says).

Furthermore, all believers are under law because all believers will be judged according to their deeds - ie, the degree to which they obeyed those laws:
“As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as He who called you is holy, be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, ‘you shall be holy, for I am holy’. And if you invoke as Father Him who judges each one impartially according to his DEEDS, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile.” (1Peter 1:14-17)

What are the Commandments of Christianity?

Reactions: Joseph77

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 26:5 King James Version (KJV)

5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
Yes, Abraham kept God's commandments.. That was before the written laws of Moses.
What are the Commandments of Christianity?
I would say the same commandments Abraham kept.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Abraham kept God's commandments.. That was before the written laws of Moses.
I would say the same commandments Abraham kept.
@Giuliano this is getting too insane to tolerate any further without saying something about the commandments of Christianity (as if we have our own set of commandments aside from what is in the Bible).....christianity means to be Christ-like in how we live our lives and He specifically gave us 2 New Commandments....to Love God...and to love our neighbors....and in doing so you fulfill all the law....in other words love is perfect and cannot be corrupted. Love....simply love one another.
And Love God.
How can this be so complicated?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Giuliano this is getting too insane to tolerate any further without saying something about the commandments of Christianity (as if we have our own set of commandments aside from what is in the Bible).....christianity means to be Christ-like in how we live our lives and He specifically gave us 2 New Commandments....to Love God...and to love our neighbors....and in doing so you fulfill all the law....in other words love is perfect and cannot be corrupted. Love....simply love one another.
And Love God.
I don't know why it gets so complicated. Abraham didn't need the written laws of Moses; and he kept God's commandments. The laws given by Moses were given because the hearts of the people were hard, they did not want to hear the Voice of God.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Love God.
Those deceived by catholicism, or any -ism, are walking in darkness and have for now rejected the light, because their deeds are evil.

Jesus said "you must become like little children" , in all the ways He Says in Scripture,
but
the worldly wise, the educated religious ones, who are opposed to Jesus, don't want to turn to Him to be healed. Do they?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are the Laws of Moses:
God's Divine Instructions in Righteousness
The Law is God's Divine Instructions in Righteousness without which man would have NO blueprint for moral, holy living. Jesus Christ attempted to abolish the rabbinical, man-made opinions and traditions that kept people in bondage. Neither He nor His apostles ever spoke against the Law nor suggested that after Jesus' death the Torah was to become null and void. The Apostle Paul said, "Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law." (Romans 3:31)

God gave 248 positive Mitzvot / Commandments ("the Do's"), and 365 negative ones ("the Don'ts"). They are as follows:

The 248 Positive Mitzvot / Commandments: "The Do's"

RELATIONSHIP TO GOD

1 Exodus 20:2 - To believe in God.
I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
2 Deuteronomy 6:4 - To acknowledge the Unity of God.
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:
3 Deuteronomy 6:5 - To love God.
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
4 Deuteronomy 6:13 - To fear God.
Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name.
5 Exodus 23:25; Deuteronomy 11:13; 13:4 - To serve God.
And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
6 Deuteronomy 10:20 - To cleave to God.
Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God; him shalt thou serve, and to him shalt thou cleave, and swear by his name.
7 Deuteronomy 10:20 - On taking an oath by God's Name.
Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God; him shalt thou serve, and to him shalt thou cleave, and swear by his name.
8 Deuteronomy 28:9 - On walking in God's ways.
The Lord shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the Lord thy God, and walk in his ways.
9 Leviticus 22:32 - On Sanctifying God's Name.
Neither shall ye profane my holy name; but I will be hallowed among the children of Israel: I am the Lord which hallow you,

(to be continued)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TORAH

10 Deuteronomy 6:6 - On binding God's commandments upon your heart .
And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
Deuteronomy 6:7 - On reciting the Sh'ma each morning and evening.
And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
12 Deuteronomy 6:7 - On studying and teaching Torah.
And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
13 Deuteronomy 6:8 - On binding Tefillin on the hand.
And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.
14 Numbers 15:38 - On making Tzitzit with thread of blue, garments corners.
Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue:
15 Deuteronomy 6:9 - On affixing a Mezuzah to doorposts and gates.
And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.
16 Deuteronomy 31:12 - On Assembling each 7th year to hear the Torah read.
Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the Lord your God, and observe to do all the words of this law:
17 Deuteronomy 17:18 - On that a king must write a copy of Torah for himself.
And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites:
18 Deuteronomy 31:19 - On that everyone should have a Torah scroll.
Now therefore write ye this song for you, and teach it the children of Israel: put it in their mouths, that this song may be a witness for me against the children of Israel.
19 Deuteronomy 8:10 - On praising God after eating, Grace after meals.
When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the Lord thy God for the good land which he hath given thee.

TEMPLE AND THE PRIESTS

20 Exodus 25:8 - On building a Sanctuary / (Tabernacle / Temple) for God.
And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.
21 Leviticus 19:30 - On respecting the Sanctuary.
Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the Lord.
22 Numbers 18:4 - On guarding the Sanctuary.
And they shall be joined unto thee, and keep the charge of the tabernacle of the congregation, for all the service of the tabernacle: and a stranger shall not come nigh unto you.
23 Numbers 18:23 - On Levitical services in the Tabernacle.
But the Levites shall do the service of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they shall bear their iniquity: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations, that among the children of Israel they have no inheritance.
24 Exodus 30:19 - On Cohanim (Priests) washing hands and feet before entering Temple.
For Aaron and his sons shall wash their hands and their feet thereat;
25 Exodus 27:21 - On kindling the Menorah by the Cohanim (Priests).
In the tabernacle of the congregation without the vail, which is before the testimony, Aaron and his sons shall order it from evening to morning before the Lord: it shall be a statute for ever unto their generations on the behalf of the children of Israel.
26 Numbers 6:23 - On the Cohanim (Priests) blessing Israel.
Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them,
27 Exodus 25:30 - On the Showbread before the Ark.
And thou shalt set upon the table shewbread before me alway.
28 Exodus 30:7 - On Burning the Incense on the Golden Altar twice daily.
And Aaron shall burn thereon sweet incense every morning: when he dresseth the lamps, he shall burn incense upon it.
29 Leviticus 6:13 - On the perpetual fire on the Altar.
The fire shall ever be burning upon the altar; it shall never go out.
30 Leviticus 6:10 - On removing the ashes from the Altar.
And the priest shall put on his linen garment, and his linen breeches shall he put upon his flesh, and take up the ashes which the fire hath consumed with the burnt offering on the altar, and he shall put them beside the altar.
31 Numbers 5:2 - On removing unclean persons from the camp.
Command the children of Israel, that they put out of the camp every leper, and every one that hath an issue, and whosoever is defiled by the dead:
32 Leviticus 21:8 - On honoring the Cohanim (Priests).
Thou shalt sanctify him therefore; for he offereth the bread of thy God: he shall be holy unto thee: for I the Lord, which sanctify you, am holy.
33 Exodus 28:2 - On the garments of the Cohanim (Priests).
And thou shalt make holy garments for Aaron thy brother for glory and for beauty.
34 Numbers 7:9 - On Cohanim (Priests) bearing the Ark on their shoulders.
But unto the sons of Kohath he gave none: because the service of the sanctuary belonging unto them was that they should bear upon their shoulders.
35 Exodus 30:31 - On the holy anointing oil.
And thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel, saying, This shall be an holy anointing oil unto me throughout your generations.
36 Deuteronomy 18:6-8 - On the Cohanim (Priests) ministering in rotation / watches.
And if a Levite come from any of thy gates out of all Israel, where he sojourned, and come with all the desire of his mind unto the place which the Lord shall choose; Then he shall minister in the name of the Lord his God, as all his brethren the Levites do, which stand there before the Lord. They shall have like portions to eat, beside that which cometh of the sale of his patrimony.
37 Leviticus 21:2-3 - On the Cohanim (Priests) being defiled for dead relatives.
But for his kin, that is near unto him, that is, for his mother, and for his father, and for his son, and for his daughter, and for his brother. And for his sister a virgin, that is nigh unto him, which hath had no husband; for her may he be defiled.
38 Leviticus 21:13 - On that Cohen haGadol (High Priest) may only marry a virgin.
And he shall take a wife in her virginity.

(continued)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SACRIFICES

39 Numbers 28:3 - On the twice Daily Burnt, tamid, offerings.
And thou shalt say unto them, This is the offering made by fire which ye shall offer unto the Lord; two lambs of the first year without spot day by day, for a continual burnt offering.
40 Leviticus 6:20 - On Cohen haGadol's (High Priest) twice daily meal offering.
This is the offering of Aaron and of his sons, which they shall offer unto the Lord in the day when he is anointed; the tenth part of an ephah of fine flour for a meat offering perpetual, half of it in the morning, and half thereof at night.
41 Numbers 28:9 - On the Shabbat additional, musaf, offering.
And on the sabbath day two lambs of the first year without spot, and two tenth deals of flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, and the drink offering thereof:
42 Numbers 28:11 - On the New Moon, Rosh Chodesh, additional offering.
And in the beginnings of your months ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the Lord; two young bullocks, and one ram, seven lambs of the first year without spot;
43 Leviticus 23:36 - On Pesach (Passover) additional offering.
Seven days ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord: on the eighth day shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord: it is a solemn assembly; and ye shall do no servile work therein.
44 Leviticus 23:15 - On the second day of Pesach (Passover) meal offering of the Omer (Counting).
And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete:
45 Numbers 28:26 - On Shavuot (Pentecost) additional, musaf, offering.
Also in the day of the firstfruits, when ye bring a new meat offering unto the Lord, after your weeks be out, ye shall have a holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work:
46 Leviticus 23:17 - On the Two Loaves of bread Wave offering on Shavuot (Pentecost).
Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the Lord

(cont)