Are You Free From The Law?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This <choice> of course is the one first heard in the garden-of-(self)-pleasing (choice) way back dished up as a beautiful forbidden fruit to Eve. You still think you can fool <you> with it?

One is not <under grace>. One is "saved BY grace" from "under the Law", "IN Christ". One stands in Christ, IN grace. One does not get into that position by oneself. God lifts one by the hair upon the Rock that is too high for him to get up to. THAT, IS GRACE; one stands, ON grace.
While I cannot properly comprehend what grace is, I stop rather before I make conclusions on <Love>
You can only be saved from the law if you where under the law, but we never where under the law, only the Jews / Israelites where, so how can I / we be saved from a law that had no jurisdiction over us.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Will anyone have the guts to address the PRACTICAL, ACTUAL, POINT AT ISSUE HE, HAS, with reading and understanding Galatians? WHAT IS IT IN THE THE LETTER THAT AFFECTS THE LIFE OF THE BELIEVER so that believers (Christians) are marshalled the one (believer) AGAINST the other (believer) [ostensibly in the Letter to the Galatians]?

I have followed this 'DEBATE' (more like chemical warfare) going on all the time and to this day am waiting for someone to say what it is all ABOUT IN ONE'S DAY TO DAY LIFE?!
Really, its about Christ and the works He did to save mankind, its about God and His plan for mens salvation, it is about Gods Love patients and enduring suffering putting up with mankind and all his ignorance pride and arrogance, that is what it is all about, Gods enduring patients, glad He is so.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a non-answer So I'll try again:. You say you can't sin as you like - why not?
Romans 6:6
knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Its like this, Before salvation. Sin tasted good. It was like candy or a good drug. we did it. we loved it, and we got high on it. The problem is the "high" only lasted a short time. so we had to keep doing it, and when it lost its affectiveness, we would go to another sin

After we are made a new creature, things changed, What used to be and taste like candy, Now has a bitter taste, It also. does not give us the HIGH we had before. What it gives us is a "low" and a feeling of guilt. and shame. Even the things we struggle with. Come at a cost. Instead of being like candy, it is like poison which is breaking us down. and ripping us apart. Add to this the chastening of the Holy Spirit. who Chastens and even scourges those who are Gods children. and you will realize why it is a true child of God can not sin as we like.

If sin does not have this affect on you Well than I would suggest you try to figure out why this is the case. Maybe this should be a warning to you. That maybe something is not right.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You can only be saved from the law if you where under the law, but we never where under the law, only the Jews / Israelites where, so how can I / we be saved from a law that had no jurisdiction over us.

Don't be ridiculous, No one is <<saved from the law>>. And keep on imagining you are not under the Law. My human nature cannot care less.

Reactions: RogerDC

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Don't be ridiculous, No one is <<saved from the law>>. And keep on imagining you are not under the Law. My human nature cannot care less.

What,

Act_15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
subvert
/səbˈvəːt/
Learn to pronounce
verb
verb: subvert; 3rd person present: subverts; past tense: subverted; past participle: subverted; gerund or present participle: subverting

undermine the power and authority of

Act 21:25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

You are on your own., sorry SDA agree with you.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could be as a little child, by faith , in Jesus,
and be believing He is Messiah,
and believe the penalty for sin is death,
and He bore the penalty for you , so you would not have to die for your sin.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not sure what you are getting at??

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what you are getting at??

Do you believe Jesus died for you, that "He bore the penalty for you, so you would not have to die for your sin" ?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What,

Act_15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
subvert
/səbˈvəːt/
Learn to pronounce
verb
verb: subvert; 3rd person present: subverts; past tense: subverted; past participle: subverted; gerund or present participle: subverting

undermine the power and authority of

Act 21:25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

You are on your own., sorry SDA agree with you.

Irrelevant un-asked for obtruded off topic anti-matter misappropriation of Holy Scripture, in other words, what you do with Acts 21:25 is, abuse it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do not think you can answer it.
This is a post some where . I laid out my testimony, go read it, and I have met Christ, could never have done that if I didnt believe. Could I.

but for you might be

Mat_16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have met Christ
On Judgement Day, Jesus will say "I never knew you" to those believers who were "doers of LAWLESSNESS".

Which sin is it that you aren't prepared to give up for Christ? I suspect this is why you insist that you are not under any law - you want to keep sinning.. Maybe you're a homosexual.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
On Judgement Day, Jesus will say "I never knew you" to those believers who were "doers of LAWLESSNESS".

Which sin is it that you aren't prepared to give up for Christ? I suspect this is why you insist that you are not under any law - you want to keep sinning.. Maybe you're a homosexual.
Well you are not willing to give up your religion for Him, The only Law if you could call it that , I well we who are in Christ are under is Love, despised by the religious persued by few.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

You are a troll no matter how holy your posts. The Bible - God in the Bible - says, Be not all too holy!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Well you are not willing to give up your religion for Him, The only Law if you could call it that , I well we who are in Christ are under is Love, despised by the religious persued by few.

The sum total of the <mjrhealth religion>, is, You decide <<you are not willing to>> or you decide <<you are willing to>> do as all Roman Catholics and Arminians do and worship FREE WILL! Mjrhealth has no originality. Not even a donkey will follow the wilted carrot you hold before him timely and untimely.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The sum total of the <mjrhealth religion>, is, You decide <<you are not willing to>> or you decide <<you are willing to>> do as all Roman Catholics and Arminians do and worship FREE WILL! Mjrhealth has no originality. Not even a donkey will follow the wilted carrot you hold before him timely and untimely.
So what your are saying is you have nothing to say. Is that all you have to say.

Mat 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: