Are you prepared?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So obviously one of us is in error sir

I believe According to Scripture you are in error.

Rev 20
[4] And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
[5] But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

When exactly did Christ “supposedly” reign IN His Kingdom 1,000 years ON EARTH ?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rev 20
[4] And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
[5] But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

When exactly did Christ “supposedly” reign IN His Kingdom 1,000 years ON EARTH ?

He didn't, it is yet future Taken. But of course that wasnt the topic was it, I said the first resurrection has occurred, that was what we were speaking about.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He didn't, it is yet future Taken. But of course that wasnt the topic was it, I said the first resurrection has occurred, that was what we were speaking about.

The first resurrection occurs AFTER Jesus’ 1,000 yr reign.
So when did Jesus’ 1,000 yr reign Happen?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Rev 20

@Taken I would understand Scripture as showing that the 1000 year reign is yet future.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken I would understand Scripture as showing that the 1000 year reign is yet future.

Agree.
If it had already occurred...every world history book missed 1,000 years of phenomenal events.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first resurrection occurs AFTER Jesus’ 1,000 yr reign.
So when did Jesus’ 1,000 yr reign Happen?

Since those of the first resurrection will rule along with him, that is highly unlikely don't you think Taken? Who will they rule over if the rest of the dead are not resurrected. I think you are getting confused by what is meant by them not coming to life till the end of the thousand years, that means they do not receive the gift of everlasting life until after satan is released to pass the test similarly to what Adam had to. Those of the first resurrection receive that gift upon their resurrection, and they are not subject to the second death that those of the second resurrection are.

I hope that helps you to understand what is being said. To review those of the first resurrection are granted everlasting life, those resurrected during the millennial reign of Christ will have to stand firm against satan after his release from his prison, in order to receive everlasting life.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since those of the first resurrection will rule along with him, that is highly unlikely don't you think Taken?

Who will they rule over if the rest of the dead are not resurrected.

Remnant of mortals.

I think you are getting confused by what is meant by them not coming to life till the end of the thousand years, that means they do not receive the gift of everlasting life until after satan is released to pass the test similarly to what Adam had to. Those of the first resurrection receive that gift upon their resurrection, and they are not subject to the second death that those of the second resurrection are.

Not confused. Not resurrected dead. Mortals, mortal kingdoms, outside of Jesus’ Kingdom, during Jesus’ 1,000 yr reign. KING of kings. LORD of lords.

I hope that helps you to understand what is being said. To review those of the first resurrection are granted everlasting life,

Do not agree with you.

those resurrected during the millennial reign

No resurrection mentioned during the millennial reign.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remnant of mortals.

Not confused. Not resurrected dead. Mortals, mortal kingdoms, outside of Jesus’ Kingdom, during Jesus’ 1,000 yr reign. KING of kings. LORD of lords.

Do not agree with you.

No resurrection mentioned during the millennial reign.

Jesus removes all who are "outside the Kingdom" upon his return sir. I guess we will have to see how it plays out.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus removes all who are "outside the Kingdom" upon his return sir. I guess we will have to see how it plays out.

Already addressed mortals outside of Jesus’ Kingdom.
1,000 years, during mortals establishing their ‘kings’ and nations.
After 1,000 years, Satan is loosed, influences the nations, nations instigate warfare against Jesus’ kingdom. Mortals against Jesus, killed.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great Depression may come, and wars may break out.

Trust in God and there would be no need to worry... life eventually comes to an end.

Live for Christ, and love God and love others, and remember our hope is entering into the Kingdom of God after this life.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already addressed mortals outside of Jesus’ Kingdom.
1,000 years, during mortals establishing their ‘kings’ and nations.
After 1,000 years, Satan is loosed, influences the nations, nations instigate warfare against Jesus’ kingdom. Mortals against Jesus, killed.

Again we will simply have to see how it plays out, we are on opposite ends of our understanding on this Taken.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again we will simply have to see how it plays out, we are on opposite ends of our understanding on this Taken.

No issue for me.

Rev 20
  • [3] And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that (that 1,000 years) he must be loosed a little season.
  • [8] And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

The nations of mortal men, AGAIN under satan’s Influence gather together to battle Against Christ Jesus’ earthly kingdom. (And are defeated.)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you prepared?
OP ^

To ESCAPE the wrath which shall come down from Heaven?
YES!

Are Many prepared to ESCAPE the wrath which shall come down from Heaven?
No!

The Prepared ARE the Converted “IN” Christ the Lord Jesus.

(That is EXCLUSIVE to those Born Again in the Spirit of God, by, through, of the Grace of God and the Works by, through, of Christ the Lord Jesus.)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No issue for me.

Rev 20
  • [3] And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that (that 1,000 years) he must be loosed a little season.
  • [8] And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
The nations of mortal men, AGAIN under satan’s Influence gather together to battle Against Christ Jesus’ earthly kingdom. (And are defeated.)
soon we can expect the binding of satan and the demons and the start of the Millennial reign of Christ. The war in heaven has already taken place with satan and the demons cast here, ushering us into the last days, but those days are just about complete.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
soon we can expect the binding of satan and the demons and the start of the Millennial reign of Christ.

Yep.

The war in heaven has already taken place with satan and the demons cast here,

Yep, holy angels that fell from faith, were cast out and down from their first Estate, (Heaven), TO Earth.

Yes, a WAR between Mortal Nations and Jesus’ Kingdom SHALL ensue, After the 1,000 years, After Satan is loosed from Hell.

Yes, a WAR between fallen angels and holy angels SHALL ensue.
After the 1,000 years, After Satan is loosed from Hell.

God SHALL reclaim, His Heavens, and RENEW the Heavens.
God SHALL reclaim, His Earth, and RENEW the Earth.
The ensuing WARS IS God Reclaiming His Heavens and Earth.

ushering us into the last days, but those days are just about complete.

Last Days are in “segments”...those last days, these last days, the SEALS, the TRUMPS, the 1,000 yr reign, the VIALS, the Separating, the Last days, the Judgements, the Sentences carried out, THE RENEWING, The firmament Barrier between Heaven and Earth Opened...
ON EARTH as it IS IN Heaven...
Evil, Wickedness, Darkness ERADICATED, Forever.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep.

Yep, holy angels that fell from faith, were cast out and down from their first Estate, (Heaven), TO Earth.

Yes, a WAR between Mortal Nations and Jesus’ Kingdom SHALL ensue, After the 1,000 years, After Satan is loosed from Hell.

Yes, a WAR between fallen angels and holy angels SHALL ensue.
After the 1,000 years, After Satan is loosed from Hell.

God SHALL reclaim, His Heavens, and RENEW the Heavens.
God SHALL reclaim, His Earth, and RENEW the Earth.
The ensuing WARS IS God Reclaiming His Heavens and Earth.

Last Days are in “segments”...those last days, these last days, the SEALS, the TRUMPS, the 1,000 yr reign, the VIALS, the Separating, the Last days, the Judgements, the Sentences carried out, THE RENEWING, The firmament Barrier between Heaven and Earth Opened...
ON EARTH as it IS IN Heaven...
Evil, Wickedness, Darkness ERADICATED, Forever.

We are fairly close to having the same understanding now after these few conversations, I understand a bit better what you are saying. I wouldn't have used the term hell with the abyss where satan will be sent though. Likely you are as shocked as I am by how many will side with satan after his release, with the terms like nations and as numerous as the grains of sand in the sea.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are fairly close to having the same understanding now after these few conversations, I understand a bit better what you are saying. I wouldn't have used the term hell with the abyss where satan will be sent though. Likely you are as shocked as I am by how many will side with satan after his release, with the terms like nations and as numerous as the grains of sand in the sea.

Hell simply being a general term for deep IN the Earth.
Not above the Earth, Not on the face of the Earth.

Sure Hell has it’s “compartments/divisions” so to speak.
A dividing Gulf of Waters.
A Very much deeper unquenchable, inescapable, Pit, Abyss.
Terms in different languages, of where living souls, saved or damned occupy, and the imaginations of comfort of the saved souls, and utter distress of the unsaved souls.

The good news is; God Has prepared a Place FOR all of His Creation.
The marvelous news is; Mankind has the Freewill to Choose His Destiny.

What absolute inner Peace, WHEN a man Actually MAKES his Choice.
Seriously, look how much time a man thinks over, stresses, worry’s, everyday decisions, of buying a house, choosing a career, moving, jobs, choosing a spouse, caring for children, borrowing....

....Choosing God, wow...Big decision...Because it is Permanent...
No defaulting, bankruptcy back up, No divorcing, No changed my mind.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Likely you are as shocked as I am by how many will side with satan after his release, with the terms like nations and as numerous as the grains of sand in the sea.

Shocking yes.
I do find it interesting, that some clerics and followers thereof seem to think themselves “guarded”, sort of playing the sitting on the fence...
Believe, eh BUT still sin.
Like the God “concept”, but too much “goodie, goodie” required.
Like the good...BUT...so many choices that isn’t so “goodie”, but entertaining, fun.
Don’t want to make a “choice”....’till maybe Later, when OLDER, and nothing of the latest and greatest new worldly things to TRY.
( You know, the guy who is always disappointed today, and tomorrows dreams is always where his sights are set...?)

Teeny weeny problem...Those who MAKE NO CHOICE...ARE carte’ blanch AGAINST GOD.
There is no fence sitting. One is either WITH God or AGAINST God.
Period.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell simply being a general term for deep IN the Earth.
Not above the Earth, Not on the face of the Earth.

Sure Hell has it’s “compartments/divisions” so to speak.
A dividing Gulf of Waters.
A Very much deeper unquenchable, inescapable, Pit, Abyss.
Terms in different languages, of where living souls, saved or damned occupy, and the imaginations of comfort of the saved souls, and utter distress of the unsaved souls.

The good news is; God Has prepared a Place FOR all of His Creation.
The marvelous news is; Mankind has the Freewill to Choose His Destiny.

What absolute inner Peace, WHEN a man Actually MAKES his Choice.
Seriously, look how much time a man thinks over, stresses, worry’s, everyday decisions, of buying a house, choosing a career, moving, jobs, choosing a spouse, caring for children, borrowing....

....Choosing God, wow...Big decision...Because it is Permanent...
No defaulting, bankruptcy back up, No divorcing, No changed my mind.

Hell isn't really a good word to use in translation, although many versions include it, which leads to much confusion. Hell is translated from the Hebrew words Sheol, and Gehinnom, and the Greek word Hades, and the same versions use different words in English for those words. For example the King James version of the Bible translates Sheol 31x as grave, 31x as hell, and 3x as pit. Since the definition of Sheol is the abode of the dead, the term grave is the most accurate rendering. Since there is no consciousness in death, and for the most part people are buried in a grave and are awaiting a resurrection. Interestingly the KJV states that hell will be emptied (when all in it are resurrected) and then no longer being necessary will be cast into the lake of fire gone forever Rev 20:13,14