Are you Rapture (Catching Up) Ready?? Beware!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, the Millennial Kingdom is at the end of it's Thousand Years, and the New Jerusalem is in our cosmos, so be ready for the dead to be raised and then we who remain shall be caught up to be with the LORD forever in the air.

Whew,
Bobby Jo

You can pray that you be left behind on rapture day thatwill be anyday now and have "fun" trying to live under anti-christ rule while the great tribulation judgments fall onto this evil God rejecting world!!! But why???? Luke 21:36

“Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.”

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... have "fun" trying to live under anti-christ ...
I'm preparing my household, and I expect it will be manageable. But YOU aren't PREPARING and may try to survive by "crossing your fingers", -- or may survive by denying Jesus.

So Good luck,
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Nancy

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm preparing my household, and I expect it will be manageable. But YOU aren't PREPARING and may try to survive by "crossing your fingers", -- or may survive by denying Jesus.

So Good luck,
Bobby Jo

PTL!!! I live under the protection of God and I believe His word and seek to obey!!
Jesus says==Luke 21:36 36Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."
1 Thess 5:9: For God has not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Bible has more evidence for a post-tribulation rapture than a pre-trib.
Matthew 24:15 "The day is coming when you will see what Daniel the prophet spoke about, the sacrilegious object that causes desecration standing in the Holy Place."

Jesus is referring to when the Antichrist will set up himself in the Temple in Jerusalem, or the abomination of desolation as commonly referred to. Jesus spoke very clearly when saying: "The day is coming when you will see," meaning that, well, we will see it. Keep in mind this is one of the things Jesus said when the apostles asked Him what to look for when He returns.

Matthew 24:23 "Then if anyone tells you, 'Look, here is the Messiah,' or 'There he is,' don't believe it."

Jesus had a reason for these warnings. If we weren't going to see the Antichrist rise then why would He feel the need to warn us?

Matthew 24:30 "And then at last, the sign that the Son of Man is coming will appear in the heavens...."

We will see the Antichrist and endure the tribulation.
@EarlyMarksman Although in some things we might see things slightly differently, I do indeed enjoy the promise of the Lord Jesus:

" These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." (John 16.33)

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!!! How will believers return with Jesus unless we have already been caught up (raptured)

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Iam posting God's Word!!! Why not believe it and live???

1 Thess.. 4:16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain """shall be caught up together""" with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:51- 57
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

I have trouble with your claim that Pauline writing is "Gods Word" say as opposed to the Jesus of Matt/Mark. Paul never knew Jesus - does not write about his life.

Jesus was the "Logos" - emissary between man and God - who spoke Gods word through the Holy Spirit. You seem to be usurping the position of Jesus by putting Paul in his Place ?

The second question - regardless of whether we go with Jesus - Paul - or the Bible as a whole - as "God's word". How should a person prepare for the rapture .. which is really a question of what must one do to obtain salvation.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have trouble with your claim that Pauline writing is "Gods Word" say as opposed to the Jesus of Matt/Mark. Paul never knew Jesus - does not write about his life.

Jesus was the "Logos" - emissary between man and God - who spoke Gods word through the Holy Spirit. You seem to be usurping the position of Jesus by putting Paul in his Place ?

The second question - regardless of whether we go with Jesus - Paul - or the Bible as a whole - as "God's word". How should a person prepare for the rapture .. which is really a question of what must one do to obtain salvation.
YES!!! You have trouble with your claim that Pauline writing is "Gods Word"

Yes!! You have BIG trouble if you deny that Pauline writing is "Gods Word"

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
YES!!! You have trouble with your claim that Pauline writing is "Gods Word"

Yes!! You have BIG trouble if you deny that Pauline writing is "Gods Word"

It is ridiculous to just assume that all of the writings of Paul are defacto "Gods Word" - or that all of the Bible is defacto "Gods Word" - and we can have that conversation if you like but - it has no bearing on my claim that Jesus says something different.

Jesus was not a "Sola Fide" kind of guy .. regardless of what Paul had to say on the issue - regardless of whether or not every word in Pauline Scripture is defacto "Gods Word" -

The claim all of the Bible is defacto "Gods Word" - is simply not something that the vast majority of Christian Theologians believe.

Only a small segment of Christianity believes this. Either way - none of this changed the way Jesus is depicted in Mark/Matt..

and at the end of the day - Paul himself seems to contradict Sola Fide at times - but then at other times upholds it..

The one who is in big trouble though - is the one trying to defend the claim that all of Pauline writing is defacto "Gods Word".

Reactions: Giuliano

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 3:16 """All Scripture is God-breathed""" and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.==The Bible is the eternal living Words of GOD!!!
John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
2 Timothy 3:16 """All Scripture is God-breathed""" and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.==The Bible is the eternal living Words of GOD!!!

2 Timothy was not written by Paul - and some author penning a letter in Paul's name - 50-100 years after Paul's death - in which is claimed - "all scripture is God Breathed" - does not make it so.

"2 Timothy is one of the three epistles known collectively as the pastorals (1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, and Titus). They were not included in Marcion's canon of ten epistles assembled c. 140 CE. Against Wallace, there is no certain quotation of these epistles before Irenaeus c. 170 CE." 2 Timothy

No one had heard of this epistle - until roughly 140-170 AD -

And this is one of the reasons why does the vast majority of Christianity not believe the claim that Every word in Scripture is from "God Breathed".

If that were the case we would not have changed and removed so much from "God Breathed" scripture - and this of course is another reason - the conflict with logic.

This is just not accepted in serious theological circles - you are not in keeping with Christian Doctrine. I would go further and claim that IMO - such claims serve to harm Christianity.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy was not written by Paul - and some author penning a letter in Paul's name - 50-100 years after Paul's death - in which is claimed - "all scripture is God Breathed" - does not make it so.

"2 Timothy is one of the three epistles known collectively as the pastorals (1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, and Titus). They were not included in Marcion's canon of ten epistles assembled c. 140 CE. Against Wallace, there is no certain quotation of these epistles before Irenaeus c. 170 CE." 2 Timothy

No one had heard of this epistle - until roughly 140-170 AD -

And this is one of the reasons why does the vast majority of Christianity not believe the claim that Every word in Scripture is from "God Breathed".

If that were the case we would not have changed and removed so much from "God Breathed" scripture - and this of course is another reason - the conflict with logic.

This is just not accepted in serious theological circles - you are not in keeping with Christian Doctrine. I would go further and claim that IMO - such claims serve to harm Christianity.

Yes!!! Last days mockers and scoffers are here just as Jesus said!!! God's eternal living Word lives on into eternity! Where will you be for all eternity??

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes!!! Last days mockers and scoffers are here just as Jesus said!!! God's eternal living Word lives on into eternity! Where will you be for all eternity??

You should not feel mocked that the vast majority of Christianity disagree's with your claim that all of scripture is defacto "word of God".
Just because the majority disagree's with you - does not mean you are wrong ..

So let scoffers bother you not .. but do try to back up your claim -

Your claim is that because 2 Timothy says all of the Bible is defacto God's word - that we should accept this as true.

Why should we accept your claim as true, when the Majority of Christianity - and pretty near all of religious thought in general - has already deemed your position flawed ? - after no small amount of debate - over Centuries - but ok

- starting with some document that no one has heard of - not mentioned in Marcion's cannon 140 AD .. finally mentioned by Irenaeus in 170 AD... written by some author .. writing under the guise of Paul .. a fraud essentially but a Pious Fraud which was accepted practice at the time For the good of the many sort of thing - a small price to pay to save a soul or two.

What is your support for claim - and refutation to what the majority believes - not only in the case of 2 Thomas - but in a vast number of other instances that are far more damning and far more complicated - in trying to maintain the position you have staked out .

Kudo's for trying to hold this position - The floor is now yours. - please respond with something other than Ad Hom or some other fallacy - Your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to support your position -and refute counter positions.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should not feel mocked that the vast majority of Christianity disagree's with your claim that all of scripture is defacto "word of God".

Your claim is that because 2 Timothy says all of the Bible is defacto God's word - that we should accept this as true.

Why should we accept your claim as true, when the Majority of Christianity - and pretty near all of religious thought in general - has already deemed your position flawed ? - after no small amount of debate - over Centuries - but ok

- starting with some document that no one has heard of - not mentioned in Marcion's cannon 140 AD .. finally mentioned by Irenaeus in 170 AD... written by some author .. writing under the guise of Paul .. a fraud essentially but a Pious Fraud which was accepted practice at the time For the good of the many sort of thing - a small price to pay to save a soul or two.

What is your support for claim - and refutation to what the majority believes - not only in the case of 2 Thomas - but in a vast number of other instances that are far more damning and far more complicated - in trying to maintain the position you have staked out .

Kudo's for trying to hold this position - The floor is now yours. - please respond with something other than Ad Hom or some other fallacy - Your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to support your position -and refute counter positions.

Those that deny the truth of God's eternal living Word have nothing left but the lies of satan!!!

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Those that deny the truth of God's eternal living Word have nothing left but the lies of satan!!!

Do not be so hard on yourself ... sometimes "the Truth" is hard to accept - and you may feel that God has left you.. fear not - for the Truth shall set you free. Satan is a great deceiver - and has led you astray but you can still find your way back if you follow the Truth.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do not be so hard on yourself ... sometimes "the Truth" is hard to accept - and you may feel that God has left you.. fear not - for the Truth shall set you free. Satan is a great deceiver - and has led you astray but you can still find your way back if you follow the Truth.

No worries!!! PTL. I live my life as a blessed, protected born-again son of God a joint heir with Jesus!!! And you??

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No worries!!! PTL. I live my life as a blessed, protected born-again son of God a joint heir with Jesus!!! And you??

We are all blessed with this life - Claiming that one has been put right with God -defacto .. is a tall order. We all hope so - but there is a difference between hope and certainty. Your claim seems to borderline put words into the mouth of Jesus- and this is dangerous territory aka -
"The unforgivable Sin" .. so I do not go there.

I try to follow the teachings - as best as I can reckon them - of Jesus.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Choose!! Believe God's eternal living Word or satan's liesand deceptions===your choice!

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it no

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Choose!! Believe God's eternal living Word or satan's liesand deceptions===your choice!

I have a problem with your claim. I would claim that one of "Satan's lies and deceptions" - is that "All Scripture is God Breathed".

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The above was your response to the post Below ?? - I question your resolve in pursuit of the Truth .. simply on the basis of the simplicity and repetitive nature of your response - Think parrot on a broken record and not in a good way - as this is coupled with avoidance of the topic... as outlined below.

What is it that you are avoiding -

"You should not feel mocked that the vast majority of Christianity disagree's with your claim that all of scripture is defacto "word of God".

- starting with some document that no one has heard of - not mentioned in Marcion's cannon 140 AD .. finally mentioned by Irenaeus in 170 AD... written by some author .. writing under the guise of Paul .. a fraud essentially but a Pious Fraud which was accepted practice at the time For the good of the many sort of thing - a small price to pay to save a soul or two."

Kudo's for trying to hold this position - The floor is now yours. - please respond with something other than Ad Hom or some other fallacy - Your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to support your position -and refute counter positions"

Once again - the floor is yours. Did you have any support for your position .. or have you given up ?

Is this the basis for a strong foundation do you think - avoiding difficult questions because they might damage some small pillar of dogma ?

A strong foundation should be able to survive a few hits... so worry not - do not go gently into that good night -- send your ship into battle -- if you think it sea worthy.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The above was your response to the post Below ?? - I question your resolve in pursuit of the Truth .. simply on the basis of the simplicity and repetitive nature of your response - Think parrot on a broken record and not in a good way - as this is coupled with avoidance of the topic... as outlined below.

What is it that you are avoiding -

"You should not feel mocked that the vast majority of Christianity disagree's with your claim that all of scripture is defacto "word of God".

- starting with some document that no one has heard of - not mentioned in Marcion's cannon 140 AD .. finally mentioned by Irenaeus in 170 AD... written by some author .. writing under the guise of Paul .. a fraud essentially but a Pious Fraud which was accepted practice at the time For the good of the many sort of thing - a small price to pay to save a soul or two."

Kudo's for trying to hold this position - The floor is now yours. - please respond with something other than Ad Hom or some other fallacy - Your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to support your position -and refute counter positions"

Once again - the floor is yours. Did you have any support for your position .. or have you given up ?

Is this the basis for a strong foundation do you think - avoiding difficult questions because they might damage some small pillar of dogma ?

A strong foundation should be able to survive a few hits... so worry not - do not go gently into that good night -- send your ship into battle -- if you think it sea worthy.

Those that deny the truth of God's eternal living Word are lost!!! Wise up!