Are you Rapture (Catching Up) Ready?? Beware!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you Rapture (Catching Up) Ready?? Beware!! Time is very,very short!
God's Word on the catching up (rapture)??

1 Thess.. 4:16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain """shall be caught up together""" with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:51- 57
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, because I do not believe in something that was invented in the 1800's by a man

What you do not believe does not change the truth of God's Word!!!! But you are free to ask God to be left behind.

1 Thess.. 4:16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain """shall be caught up together""" with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
..and also BEWARE waiting for something that may not ever happen.
You have been saying this for years...and you are still waiting for it...I think you will have a long wait @GISMYS_7

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not God's word, your idea. I follow the Ancient faith not one from the 18th century

Iam posting God's Word!!! Why not believe it and live???

Reactions: Truther

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..and also BEWARE waiting for something that may not ever happen.
You have been saying this for years...and you are still waiting for it...I think you will have a long wait @GISMYS_7

Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

2Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

2Peter 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God.

Reactions: Truther

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Iam posting God's Word!!! Why not believe it and live???

Posting verses out of context means nothing, posting out of context is nothing more than your ideas not Scripture. I am quite sure you mean well but please don't pretend that just because you think that certain things mean something they do. The problem is we can all look at Scripture and come up with different ideas so one person's idea may not be right

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have and I will always disagree with this fairy tale of an idea

Iposted 100% God's Word and ZERO my ideas!!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Iposted 100% God's Word and ZERO my ideas!!

No. The whole theme of this thread is your ideas and interpretation not Scripture a they really are. It just isn't enough to just look at Scripture and say oh this is what a verse means but rather one must take everything to understand Scripture, which is the context, whom it was written to, and the language and we must not make the mistake to think Scripture is a 21st century document and understand it was written long ago. While Scripture is profitable for training, teaching and reproof it is not profitable to think Scripture is a modern document looking at it with modern lens.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Th 4:13, But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14, For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1Th 4:15, For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16, For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17, Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18, Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Please do especially interpret for us what I have placed in larger print; and explain to us how the context changes the plain meaning of what is written there.

Thanks.

To @historyb

Reactions: atpollard

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please remember that no prophecy of scripture is of any private interpretation (2 Peter 1:20).

So if you have an alternate interpretation of 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, please make it public.

To @historyb.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you do not believe does not change the truth of God's Word!!!! But you are free to ask God to be left behind.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

So if the Antichrist has been revealed, who is he. Christians will know, whether anyone else does or not.

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@historyb,

You have been tagged; so we know that if you do not give an answer to my question, it is because you don't have an answer to my question, and that it is not that you didn't get wind of my question.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. The whole theme of this thread is your ideas and interpretation not Scripture a they really are. It just isn't enough to just look at Scripture and say oh this is what a verse means but rather one must take everything to understand Scripture, which is the context, whom it was written to, and the language and we must not make the mistake to think Scripture is a 21st century document and understand it was written long ago. While Scripture is profitable for training, teaching and reproof it is not profitable to think Scripture is a modern document looking at it with modern lens.

Those rejecting the rapture need not worry and fight against the catching up as they will be left behind!!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Those rejecting the rapture need not worry and fight against the catching up as they will be left behind!!

And that ...is total balderdash , poppycock , and ridiculous.
If you read anything of Pauls writing you would know that...IN CHRIST mean just that, once we are In Christ we are in Him.
"In Him we live and move and have our being."

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that ...is total balderdash , poppycock , and ridiculous.
If you read anything of Pauls writing you would know that...IN CHRIST mean just that, once we are In Christ we are in Him.
"In Him we live and move and have our being."

Those that are believers but are not expecting and looking for the rapture (catching up) will be left behind!!!
Hebrews 9:28 tells us who Jesus will return for on rapture day===Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and """unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time"""" without sin unto salvation.