Are you saved now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says the following regarding salvation. There is a past aspect, a present aspect and a future aspect to our salvation.

Past
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Present
1 Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Future
Romans 5:9
having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

hope this helps!!!
Good post....and scripture also tells us our names are written in the Lambs Book of Life since the beginning of time.
Revelation 13: 5-10
5 And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months. 6 It opened its mouth to utter blasphemies against God, blaspheming his name and his dwelling, that is, those who dwell in heaven. 7 Also it was allowed to make war on the saints and to conquer them. And authority was given it over every tribe and people and language and nation, 8 and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain. 9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear:

10 If anyone is to be taken captive,
to captivity he goes;
if anyone is to be slain with the sword,
with the sword must he be slain.

Here is a call for the endurance and faith of the saints.

Revelation 17:8 - The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says the following regarding salvation. There is a past aspect, a present aspect and a future aspect to our salvation.

Past
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Present
1 Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Future
Romans 5:9
having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

hope this helps!!!

So are you saying Faith will save us. And what if we stop having faith, then will we be condemned. Keeping in mind Matthew 24:13 "But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved."

There are parables of the seed sown and some fall by the wayside:

Matthew 13:3-9

3 Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.”

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I have said maybe 1,000 times, I adhere to no one denomination, congregation or theologian. I, coincidentally, have convictions from many faiths (all substantiated from the Bible, at least in my mind, first and foremost), which is why I highly denounce anyone who is so exclusive with implicit trust towards a specific denomination, like yourself .
Soooo when a person trust themselves with their own man made theology, as you have done, should we trust your interpretation of Scripture?

Curious

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi DNB,

All men come to dogma thru their interpretation of Scripture. You came to dogma via your interpretation of Scripture. Soooo you hold to YOUR man-made dogma.
non-sequitur. Someone has to come to the truth, by whatever means God has made available to man. Therefore, not everyone's opinions are derived from man, or their own concoction, sometimes it's just a comprehension of what God is intending to convey. Yes, everyone is subject to this scrutiny, and I highly endorse that everyone be skeptical about everything. So then, what we are looking for are doctrines that have profound wisdom and glorifies God. And this, which is what I have been protesting the whole time, is devoid in almost all of Catholic, and most Protestant dogma.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Soooo when a person trust themselves with their own man made theology, as you have done, should we trust your interpretation of Scripture?

Curious
My theology is not man-made, that was your conclusion, you did not define it correctly. An opinion does not mean that it's wrong, does it. What determines orthodoxy is Biblical correspondence, wisdom and glory to God. So, yes, I feel that I have met that criteria whether I'm wrong or right, and I feel that demonstrably so, your and BOL's theology is not in accord with the parameters of divine doctrine.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The institution that you belong to, or give so much credence to.
That doesn't make ANY sense at all.
I was responding to YOUR statement that:
"I am just saying that no matter what you call it, which you addressed in your previous post, it is not authoritative nor even Christian."

WHAT were you talking about in my "previous post"?

Reactions: Marymog

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That doesn't make ANY sense at all.
I was responding to YOUR statement that:
"I am just saying that no matter what you call it, which you addressed in your previous post, it is not authoritative nor even Christian."

WHAT were you talking about in my "previous post"?
I've completely lost track.
All the same, I think that you're indoctrinated, and you and Marymog need to stop putting your faith in any particular church or denomination. If you agree with one or two particular beliefs, from this or that denomination, great, just make sure that you can substantiate it with Biblical text and wisdom and God's glory. After that, no appellation or lineage will ever gain you God's grace, just a sound theology that glorifies God the Father, and his begotten Son, the man Jesus Christ.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the same, I think that you're indoctrinated, and you and Marymog need to stop putting your faith in any particular church or denomination. If you agree with one or two particular beliefs, from this or that denomination, great, just make sure that you can substantiate it with Biblical text and wisdom and God's glory. After that, no appellation or lineage will ever gain you God's grace, just a sound theology that glorifies God the Father, and his begotten Son, the man Jesus Christ.

I like what you're saying along those lines, as I have come to truths from God and the Bible and find my own path. But I do look for religion to fellowship so I have found a few churches to worship in and one of them is Catholic. Mostly I hear truth from their religion. The other church I attend is more spiritual but I get a lot of false ideas getting thrown at me.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Jn 3:16 believes, a perpetual state of believing, present tense, not a one time only past tense “I’m saved” now let’s play golf and get drunk!

As my Priest said this morning "We have been saved, we are being saved, and we will be saved"

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I like what you're saying along those lines, as I have come to truths from God and the Bible and find my own path. But I do look for religion to fellowship so I have found a few churches to worship in and one of them is Catholic. Mostly I hear truth from their religion. The other church I attend is more spiritual but I get a lot of false ideas getting thrown at me.
Yes, me too, I'm indiscriminate where I get my learning from. I know that there will never be a church that I totally agree with, so even just a partial learning while weeding out the rest, can be sufficient. One person put it well, when I eat fish, I know when to spit out the bones.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you saying Faith will save us. And what if we stop having faith, then will we be condemned. Keeping in mind Matthew 24:13 "But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved."

There are parables of the seed sown and some fall by the wayside:

Matthew 13:3-9

3 Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.”
real faith always endures. faith without works is dead.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We put our faith in CHRIST, who has given HIS Church Supreme earthly Authority (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

HIS Church isn't a mere "denomination". it is the Body of Christ (1 Col. 18).
It is the original tree from which Protestantism splintered - and continues to splinter.

Your rejection of the Church's God-given Authority speaks volumes about your UN-Biblical, "Lone Ranger" brand of Christianity . . .

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We put our faith in CHRIST, who has given HIS Church Supreme earthly Authority (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

It is the original tree from which Protestantism splintered - and continues to splinter.

Your rejection of the Church's God-given Authority speaks volumes about your UN-Biblical, "Lone Ranger" brand of Christianity . . .
there is no "official" church that was established, the body of Christ is believers wherever they are gathered regardless of denominational affiliation established by man.

Ephesians 4:11-16

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Ephesians 2:19-20

Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

hope this helps !!!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There are no denominations in the Bible only the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors Matt 16:18 one flock Jn 10:16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also called Spiritual anarchy, accept the king but not his divinely established kingdom!
John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is no "official" church that was established, the body of Christ is believers wherever they are gathered regardless of denominational affiliation established by man.

Ephesians 4:11-16

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Ephesians 2:19-20

Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

hope this helps !!!
Wrong.

- The Church is spoken of in the NT as a VISIBLE entity (Matt. 5:14).
- At the Last Supper, Jesus prayed fervently for His Church to remain ONE - as He and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23).
- Jesus identified His very SELF with His ONE Church (Acts 9:4-5).
- Jesus told the leaders of HIS Church that WHATEVER they bound or loosed on earth would ALSO be bound and loosed in Heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, John 20:21-23).
- Paul called this ONE Church, the "pillar and foundation of truth" (1 Tim. 2:15).
- He also referred to the Church as the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).

Christ's Church is NOT a disjointed gaggle of hidden "Lone Ranger" believers or perpetually-splintering groups as YOU would have us believe.
That is an ANTI-BIBLICAL view.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong.

- The Church is spoken of in the NT as a VISIBLE entity (Matt. 5:14).
- At the Last Supper, Jesus prayed fervently for His Church to remain ONE - as He and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23).
- Jesus identified His very SELF with His ONE Church (Acts 9:4-5).
- Jesus told the leaders of HIS Church that WHATEVER they bound or loosed on earth would ALSO be bound and loosed in Heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, John 20:21-23).
- Paul called this ONE Church, the "pillar and foundation of truth" (1 Tim. 2:15).
- He also referred to the Church as the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).

Christ's Church is NOT a disjointed gaggle of hidden "Lone Ranger" believers or perpetually-splintering groups as YOU would have us believe.
That is an ANTI-BIBLICAL view.
are you saying unless one is a catholic they cannot be saved ?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you saying unless one is a catholic they cannot be saved ?
I NEVER said that at all - and the Church doesn't teach that either.
I believe - as the Church has always taught - that Protestant Christians are our separated brothers and sisters in Christ.

The Church has a teaching called Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus (Outside the Church The is No Salvation).
Many people erroneously believe this to be a salvation for "Catholics Only" teaching - which is false. As Jesus taught - some people are invincibly ignorant of the truth (John 9:41, John 15:22).

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I NEVER said that at all - and the Church doesn't teach that either.
I believe - as the Church has always taught - that Protestant Christians are our separated brothers and sisters in Christ.

The Church has a teaching called Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus (Outside the Church The is No Salvation).
Many people erroneously believe this to be a salvation for "Catholics Only" teaching - which is false. As Jesus taught - some people are invincibly ignorant of the truth (John 9:41, John 15:22).
ok thanks for clarifying that BOF.

Reactions: BreadOfLife