Arise shine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
POW_0-576x1024.jpg

Isaiah 60:1 KJVS
Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.

Matthew 2:10 KJVS
When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.

Isaiah 9:2 KJVS
The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.

1513974261722.jpg

It was very dark growing up. After I was saved at the age of 33 I could see just how dark it was growing up without the love of God. Of course I had His love but was unaware that anything good that came to me was from Him. The greatest loss in life is the time you didn't have Jesus as savior.

I can identify with the gadarene demoniac who didn't want to let go of Jesus. To much is forgiven the same loveth much. My love is not perfect but it is much.

Luke 7:47 KJVS
Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

The real truth is that whether we think so or not every one that believes has been forgiven much. The people hardest to reach with God's love are those that really think they are good. My mother in law was such a person. She often talked about how good she was if you can imagine. That's far from scripture! She told my wife that she'd be ever sinned! Actually she was one of the coldest people I ever knew. So sad I could have used a friend in my wife's family.

Isaiah 59:12 KJVS
For our transgressions are multiplied before thee, and our sins testify against us: for our transgressions are with us; and as for our iniquities, we know them;

If we look into a mirror the unrepentant can actually see their sins written in their eyes and on their faces. We can see something else... Now.

Isaiah 59:12 KJVS
For our transgressions are multiplied before thee, and our sins testify against us: for our transgressions are with us; and as for our iniquities, we know them;

It's been years now but as I shaved one day I began to cry. Tears flowing down my face as I witnessed a miracle. The hard lines in my face were being miraculously erased and my countenance was being changed. The light that had shined upon me was transforming me in ways that I could not comprehend.

Isaiah 60:2 KJVS
For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

1501171356832-720x1280.jpg

After we come to know Him we no longer have to dwell, to tarry and live in the valley of the shadow of death. Thank God we're just walking through.

Psalm 23:4 KJVS
Yea, though I walk THROUGH the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

When we walk with Jesus there are not even any shadows.

We are as mirrors now. We are not the light but are light bearers. The light has shined upon us and we reflect it into the dark places. The light ricochets from us onto to those that yet live in the land of the shadow of death. That harsh place where death and dark are a constant fear looming and threatening.

If you are saved and know it and filled with His Holy Spirit then you have escaped the darkness and are now a child of the light. No matter what miracles we witness or experience none is so great as when we first saw His light and became a child of that light.

013e42c4-a005-4655-a177-44a742b24e71-356x633.jpg

Exodus 10:23 KJVS
They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days: but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings.

John 12:36 KJVS
While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

1 Thessalonians 5:5 KJVS
Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Rejoice that you know Him. That His light is in you and no longer have the curse and stumble in darkness. We can now see where we are going. Before it was good that we couldn't. Jesus turned on the light by walking into our life and showing us how dark it really is without Him. Thanks be to God for His unspeakable gift.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen