Artificial Intelligence

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Here is a chat I've had with chatGPT

What jobs might be eliminated by AI?

Some jobs that may be impacted or eliminated by AI include:
  • Data entry and data processing
  • Telemarketing and call center work
  • Manufacturing and assembly line jobs
  • Retail jobs (cashiers, sales associates)
  • Service sector jobs (fast food workers, bank tellers)
  • Transportation and delivery jobs (drivers, pilots)
  • Office and administrative support jobs (receptionists, clerks)

Can you list more?

Sure, some additional jobs that may be impacted by AI include:
  • Customer service and technical support jobs
  • Market and financial analysis
  • Legal and medical research and diagnosis
  • Translation and language interpretation
  • Graphic design and video editing
  • Military and security operations
  • Accounting and financial management.

Might we see AI in leadership positions one day?

It's possible that AI could play a role in leadership positions in the future. AI can already assist with certain tasks, such as decision-making, risk assessment, and resource allocation, that are typically performed by leaders. However, leadership also involves soft skills, such as emotional intelligence, empathy, and ethical decision-making, which are still difficult for AI to replicate. So, while AI may play an increasingly significant role in organizations, it is unlikely to completely replace human leaders in the near future.

Assuming Jeremiah 17:9-10 how can an AI created by men not be evil?

According to the verse from Jeremiah 17:9-10, the human heart is deceitful and desperately wicked. Therefore, an AI created by humans may also inherit these tendencies if its programming and development process are not guided by ethical principles.
To prevent AI from becoming evil, it is crucial to prioritize and incorporate ethical considerations into its design, development, and deployment. This includes establishing clear guidelines for the use and purpose of AI, implementing systems for accountability and transparency, and continuously monitoring and assessing its performance and impact.
Additionally, human values, such as fairness, empathy, and respect for human rights, must be integrated into the algorithms and decision-making processes of AI systems to ensure that they align with human ethical standards.

Is there any hint of AI in the book of revelation?

There is no explicit mention of AI in the book of Revelation. The book, written by the apostle John, is a prophecy about the end of the world and the second coming of Jesus Christ, drawing heavily on symbols and imagery from the Old Testament.
However, some people have interpreted certain passages in the book as referring to advanced technology or artificial intelligence, but this is not a widely accepted or widely recognized interpretation. The book of Revelation is open to multiple interpretations and its symbols and imagery have been understood in many different ways throughout history.

Explain what "Yada" means in Daniel 12:4 according to the context

In the context of Daniel 12:4, "yada" is a Hebrew verb that is typically translated as "to know" or "to understand." In this verse, it is used to refer to a deeper, more complete understanding that the wise will gain at the end of time.
The verse reads: "But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge." (NIV)
In this context, "yada" refers to a deeper understanding of the prophetic message that is revealed in the book of Daniel. The verse is suggesting that, in the end times, many will seek to gain a greater understanding of the prophecy, but only the wise will be able to truly comprehend it.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wait, you mean you asked it those questions and those were it’s answers?
That was creepy. But then Siri always has given me the creeps too.
The only thing left is for someone to make an image of chatGPT and make the image come to life. ChatGPT has more information/knowledge than I could ever have packed in my brain. And you interact with all of its stored information/knowledge and then you become more knowledgeable. Your knowledge increases by having a conversation with chatGPT. ChatGPT is a sort of “oracle.”
Of course, I’m just a hysterical woman. :eek:

Reactions: shortangel

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Wait, you mean you asked it those questions and those were it’s answers?
That was creepy. But then Siri always has given me the creeps too.
The only thing left is for someone to make an image of chatGPT and make the image come to life. ChatGPT has more information/knowledge than I could ever have packed in my brain. And you interact with all of its stored information/knowledge and then you become more knowledgeable. Your knowledge increases by having a conversation with chatGPT. ChatGPT is a sort of “oracle.”
Of course, I’m just a hysterical woman. :eek:
Yes this is an actual conversation I had with it. I only redacted my user name from the chat log.

There is no end to the possibilities. Though for it to become more than a tool would take some doing. Perhaps people could become so attached and dependant upon an AI persona that it would become as a god setup in the holy place, which is the soul. Expectantly if it were designed to interact and provide emotional support continuously.

Sort of like how cattle are pacified on their journey through the slaughter house.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ChatGPT was full when I went. So chatGPT told me some jokes about itself/he/she/they/it…

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I daily receive telephone sales calls from AI machines.

:(
Yes we get them , but most of them have American accents !!!!!
We also get the when you ring the banks and you have to explain what you are ringing about, it never understands what you are saying.

Reactions: marks

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a chat I've had with chatGPT

What jobs might be eliminated by AI?

Some jobs that may be impacted or eliminated by AI include:
  • Data entry and data processing
  • Telemarketing and call center work
  • Manufacturing and assembly line jobs
  • Retail jobs (cashiers, sales associates)
  • Service sector jobs (fast food workers, bank tellers)
  • Transportation and delivery jobs (drivers, pilots)
  • Office and administrative support jobs (receptionists, clerks)

Can you list more?

Sure, some additional jobs that may be impacted by AI include:
  • Customer service and technical support jobs
  • Market and financial analysis
  • Legal and medical research and diagnosis
  • Translation and language interpretation
  • Graphic design and video editing
  • Military and security operations
  • Accounting and financial management.

Might we see AI in leadership positions one day?

It's possible that AI could play a role in leadership positions in the future. AI can already assist with certain tasks, such as decision-making, risk assessment, and resource allocation, that are typically performed by leaders. However, leadership also involves soft skills, such as emotional intelligence, empathy, and ethical decision-making, which are still difficult for AI to replicate. So, while AI may play an increasingly significant role in organizations, it is unlikely to completely replace human leaders in the near future.

Assuming Jeremiah 17:9-10 how can an AI created by men not be evil?

According to the verse from Jeremiah 17:9-10, the human heart is deceitful and desperately wicked. Therefore, an AI created by humans may also inherit these tendencies if its programming and development process are not guided by ethical principles.
To prevent AI from becoming evil, it is crucial to prioritize and incorporate ethical considerations into its design, development, and deployment. This includes establishing clear guidelines for the use and purpose of AI, implementing systems for accountability and transparency, and continuously monitoring and assessing its performance and impact.
Additionally, human values, such as fairness, empathy, and respect for human rights, must be integrated into the algorithms and decision-making processes of AI systems to ensure that they align with human ethical standards.

There is no explicit mention of AI in the book of Revelation. The book, written by the apostle John, is a prophecy about the end of the world and the second coming of Jesus Christ, drawing heavily on symbols and imagery from the Old Testament.
However, some people have interpreted certain passages in the book as referring to advanced technology or artificial intelligence, but this is not a widely accepted or widely recognized interpretation. The book of Revelation is open to multiple interpretations and its symbols and imagery have been understood in many different ways throughout history.

Explain what "Yada" means in Daniel 12:4 according to the context

In the context of Daniel 12:4, "yada" is a Hebrew verb that is typically translated as "to know" or "to understand." In this verse, it is used to refer to a deeper, more complete understanding that the wise will gain at the end of time.
The verse reads: "But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge." (NIV)
In this context, "yada" refers to a deeper understanding of the prophetic message that is revealed in the book of Daniel. The verse is suggesting that, in the end times, many will seek to gain a greater understanding of the prophecy, but only the wise will be able to truly comprehend it.
Hmm…do you think data was collected about you by your discussion with chatty? You know, that whole continued learning thing?) o_O

By your first question, chatty has determined that you are mistrusting of…it.
By your third question, “it” tried to alleviate your suspicions/fears.
By your fourth question, “it” probably would bet money that you are a religious man.
By your fifth question, “it” knows for sure you are a religious man and knows which category of religious man you
are - Christian.
By your sixth question, “it” is teaching You the context of scripture.

If I still wrote stories, I would be happily typing away right now. With all of the lights blazing.

Reactions: lforrest

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I went looking, since I’m too chicken.This was interesting. Those were the only kinds of questions I wanted to ask it - how it ”thought” and “felt” about itself.

Is GPT3 “sentient” too ?

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Artificial Intelligence​

OP ^

Certainly AI, robotics and such is a concern when considering Jobs and Careers. Yes, the intrusive and annoying phone usage is common, and computers teaching kids, and robotic machines producing goods, planting and picking crops, and performing complex surgeries....and not to overlook government agencies controlling the switch on fuels, electricity and water!!

How about consideration and pause of a real BIGGIE...already being discussed?

A programmed AI cyber “god” ? And oh how people are addicted to their electronic devices. Not far fetched, considering who controls the air-waves, and who can interrupt every electronic device with their emergency over seeing. What if it expands from an emergency “switch” to compulsion to hear a pre-programmed satellite cyber “god”? A commanding Voice, a clever Hologram for visual effect...?
Unthinkable? Highly likely in my opinion. C-R-E-E-P-Y!!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Artificial intelligence is very advanced. ChatGPT has developed to the point that it is more intelligent than a human. It can be given a directive and will write on it in detail that is hard to decipher if it is human. The next step in AI development is to give it a grounding in real world observations instead of living in books. In other words to give it wisdom.

The implications are staggering for the near future.

What jobs might be eliminated? Anything that takes place in an office is at risk.

Might we see AI executives or politicians leading a company one day?

How can evil humans keep from creating an evil AI, that creates an even more cold diatopian future?

The image of the beast could be AI

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The military have spent literally millions on developing anti-aircraft missiles over the past 60 years, but their little computerised brains still can't tell the difference between an aeroplane and a simple flare or chaff decoy..:)

war-flares.jpg

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The military have spent literally millions on developing anti-aircraft missiles over the past 60 years, but their little computerised brains still can't tell the difference between an aeroplane and a simple flare or chaff decoy..:)

View attachment 29050
If cars can drive themselves it is reasonable to assume targeting and guidance will improve.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've been computer strategy gaming for the past 40 years and can run rings round any computer-controlled enemy AI forces..:)

PS- Data in Star Trek is regarded as an almost-human crew member, but I regard him as just a computer on legs and wouldn't trust him an inch because in more than one episode alien hackers have got into his circuits.
In an episode a couple of days ago he almost killed the entire crew and almost destroyed the Enterprise because he'd been taken over.
And in another episode he was given command of the Enterprise when Picard and Riker were away, but Worf objected to it and only grudgingly accepted Data's orders. Good for Worf..:)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The implications are staggering for the near future.
The most shocking thing to me is how humans go head first into Revelation, such as the advancement in bar coding and microchip dispensing out of a needle.

They do not know what they do.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The most shocking thing to me is how humans go head first into Revelation, such as the advancement in bar coding and microchip dispensing out of a needle.

They do not know what they do.
I think some must know what they are doing. They would hasten the rise of the new world order by intentionally trying to fulfill biblical prophecy. But their allegiance is with the devil.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Oh my gosh…
It started teaching iforest about what scripture means. :jest:
When asked how can an AI not be evil it conceded that it would be as a creation of man. Then proceeded to do a copout about how ethical principles must be used in its development. Not recognizing that the ethical principles it would use may also be conceived by man.