At each others throats

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

R

Rita

I agree it was nothing but a troll post meant to stir up anger and angst. Coming into a majority conservative Christian forum and announcing one loves liberalism what do you expect. It is like me going to a forum for Dogs and saying Dongs stink and Cats rule! What should I expect, every one to say hey that's fine, no I should expect to be treated like the moron I was being. (BTW I love Dogs and Cats, this was an example :) )

That is the problem there are a lot of trolls coming in saying Christ is not who He said He is, people claim Christ and being fine with sin. It is Satan behind this I am sure
I wasn’t aware that this forum was exclusive, or that it was a political forum , thought it was for Christians - the fact that many align to one group more than others shouldn’t really come into how or what a Christian can post or discuss. I didn’t come here and automatically know who the majority was, and even if I did, I saw a wide array of subjects being discussed, and many were contentious issues.
Also, if you read K9 posts properly you would have seen the point he was making, and not drawn the conclusion you and many have reached about what he agrees with and what he doesn’t agree with.
Perhaps you think I am a troll because I got what he was saying. Is that how you define a troll.
Your opening line is instantly judgmental - I don’t recall K9 saying ‘ he loves liberalism ‘ that is your interpretation of what you think you know about him. You are judging him on one thread - not getting to know him, but drawing conclusions before You do.
And you wonder why the forum has issues !
Rita

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you all noticed we all are at each other throats lately and there are false people saying they are one thing but are not on the forum? Like denying Christ is God and man? Even in general society lately. It is as if Satan is throwing everything possible at all of us Christian or not in one final push. Like in a war the enemy knows they are going to lose but throws everything at the soldiers and civilians hoping to take some done with them. I just got this thought a bit ago and wanted to see what others thought.

What I thought was you need to use a grammar and spell checker first off......

"false people saying"???? Are they really animals?

"False people are saying but they are not on the forum"?????

"Even in general society lately????" meaning what?

"take some done with them???"

What I don't think, I know, that there are two classes of people on this forum.

The first one wants to learn and grow and asks questions as a result or puts up ideas for the challenge. As the scripture says, iron sharpens iron. Like me, they look for anything that will strengthen their faith and help them understand what they believe.

Then there is the second class who generally are rusted on to some denominational doctrine or point of view so they cannot see the wood for the trees as they believe that the only truth is what the denomination says. These people are generally in an argumentative state when they come on here and regardless of whether what has been said is true or not, it is not true if it does not align with their denominational directives which is informing their comment even if they don't say it is.

When this happens I can hear some denominational leader's voice in the background chanting what they believe, not knowing what they believe is not what Jesus believes. Mainly due to the fact that they have been brought up in a particular denomination. Been trained in that denominations school or college. Been mentored by people from that denomination. Been in leadership in that denomination only. So you end up with a denominationally brainwashed individual.

That person is not going to very happy in heaven when he finds out that it is filled with people from all walks of life and churches that do not hold the same views as he does. So when you get there and you see a person with bowed shoulders and a hanging head, you know the reason why.

So, I do not agree that people are at each other's throats. What they are is standing for the truth and trying to fend off those who are not interested in the truth, only their dogma which ain't necessarily the truth.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why try to put all the blame on others? You seem pretty eager to put down people you disagree with. Do you think every thought in your head comes from God so anyone who disagrees must be getting his ideas from Satan? You are not a soothing influence.

Things don't seem as bad as they were in the early church. Remember when a group bishops beat one of their fellow bishops at a council so bad that he died shortly afterwards? At least Christians today don't do that.

Or we could be torturing "heretics" on the rack and burning them at the stake. Maybe some Christians today would like to do those things but the state has laws against it.
You might want (or not) to think on this:
Luke 6[26] Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might want (or not) to think on this:
Luke 6[26] Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
Do remember who spoke ill of Jesus! It was the false religious leaders of the time.

Recall the context? Jesus doesn't say condemn people who disagree with you on theology. He doesn't say to put them on trial for heresy or burn them at the stake. Wicked people do that kind of thing to good people.

Luke 6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

Jesus did not tell his disciples they were in a war with other people. He did not try to get the High Priest demoted. No, it was "bad" people who saw Jesus as a threat, so much of a threat to their own power they contrived to have him killed. Bad religion is like that: It likes to lie about good people and persecute them. They see good people as a threat -- what would happen if the people saw the good in them and followed them?

I tend not to side with people who "cast the first stone." I think they're probably bad people attacking good people.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

It is not without reason that Paul said in Ephesians 4:-

'I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord,
beseech you that ye walk worthy
of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
With all lowliness and meekness,
with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; ... ... '

Within the love of Christ
our Saviour, our Lord and Head,
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do remember who spoke ill of Jesus! It was the false religious leaders of the time.

Recall the context? Jesus doesn't say condemn people who disagree with you on theology. He doesn't say to put them on trial for heresy or burn them at the stake. Wicked people do that kind of thing to good people.

Luke 6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

Jesus did not tell his disciples they were in a war with other people. He did not try to get the High Priest demoted. No, it was "bad" people who saw Jesus as a threat, so much of a threat to their own power they contrived to have him killed. Bad religion is like that: It likes to lie about good people and persecute them. They see good people as a threat -- what would happen if the people saw the good in them and followed them?

I tend not to side with people who "cast the first stone." I think they're probably bad people attacking good people.
Hello @Giuliano

Reading your entry, my mind went to 1 Peter 3:8-17:-

'Finally, be ye all of one mind,
having compassion one of another,
love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing:
but contrariwise blessing;
knowing that ye are thereunto called,
that ye should inherit a blessing.

For he that will love life, and see good days,
let him refrain his tongue from evil,
and his lips that they speak no guile:
Let him eschew evil, and do good;
let him seek peace, and ensue it.

For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous,
and His ears are open unto their prayers:
but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

And who is he that will harm you,
if ye be followers of that which is good?
But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye:

and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts:
and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you
a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Having a good conscience;
that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers,
they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.'
For it is better, if the will of God be so,
that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.'

Thank you
Our Saviour, our Lord and Head.
Chris

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Giuliano

Reading your entry, my mind went to 1 Peter 3:8-17:-

'Finally, be ye all of one mind,
having compassion one of another,
love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing:
but contrariwise blessing;
knowing that ye are thereunto called,
that ye should inherit a blessing.

For he that will love life, and see good days,
let him refrain his tongue from evil,
and his lips that they speak no guile:
Let him eschew evil, and do good;
let him seek peace, and ensue it.

For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous,
and His ears are open unto their prayers:
but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

And who is he that will harm you,
if ye be followers of that which is good?
But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye:

and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts:
and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you
a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Having a good conscience;
that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers,
they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.'
For it is better, if the will of God be so,
that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.'

Thank you
Our Saviour, our Lord and Head.
Chris
For sure! I think if we start worrying or being afraid, we need to check ourselves to see if our faith in Jesus is still intact. Never mind what others are saying about or doing to us. If we are attacked by the forces of evil and we feel troubled, it presents us with the opportunity to increase our faith in God. "In all things give thanks."

Revelation 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

When I saw how persecuted Christians are in some other countries, I used to ask myself why God let me off so easily. I decided maybe I was too weak. Maybe God knew I wouldn't be able to face the problems they do.

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We really should have dislike buttons !
Rita

Hmm, dunno @Rita , even if you dislike a post, you will get ganged up on here. Funny, you come to a place where we think we can speak our minds and, 9 out of 10 times, the post is "misunderstood" or the persons are being knee jerk reacting to something that was never meant! When we are honest, we seem to lose friends on here lickity split because we speak our minds. IF this (U.S.) were a Christian Nation, which it is not, we would be no different than Sharia law. Even God gives us the choice to run our own lives into the dirt. Morality cannot be legislated, impossible...we stand on our own before God and will answer to every question about what we did or did not do in these bodies so. You and I are def on the same page where certain things are concerned. I don't know about you but, it's getting old. Feel as though I must keep my mouth shut on here mostly anymore. I've lost friends on here over doctrinal issues as well as political and social issues and, am very tentative to post ANYTHING anymore because someone will come right after to attack. Nothing I have posted goes against any scripture that I know of and, never will.
xx

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I first joined a Christian Forum I was very excited and looked forward to meeting and fellowshipping with other believers. I quickly learned that there are some really mean people in these forums. As time went on I became easily offended and defended my beliefs with as much fire and ice as what was being dealt to me.
The Holy Spirit would convict my heart so then I had to repent and ask for forgiveness.
I would stay away for a few days until I felt prayed up enough to jump back in the "boxing" ring and converse with others without becoming offended. It was a major struggle for me.
I finally asked God to deliver me from this spirit of offense....and within a month I was no longer offended by others scorn and hateful comments.
It does try to return (that spirit of offense) but usually when I am tired or have had other issues going on.
IMHO we should all be encouraging and lifting one another up in love....the world doesnt want us so all we have is each other.

Some of us can be hurt easily, and many are driven away quickly. I came on here to learn and to fellowship since, it seems impossible to find a good Christian friend to depend on, to pray with, to do things with. This very site filled the fellowship emptiness for a short while but now, I am not as joyful to get on here and am afraid to speak my mind so...have been mostly just reading stuff on here and looking for other sites as, I've not done that before. Being a Christian is very lonely, especially when you come to Christ at a later age. You have to walk away from all the decades old friendships and when doing that, you look forward to meeting Christian friends. Has not happened for me, anyhow. Seems the right of passage into the church's is to belong to a family, kids, husband, you know. Or, you will be ignored and looked at funny. Seems this girl will end up an old woman, with just The Lord and myself. And, He is enough.
God Bless

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'Of these things put them in remembrance,
charging them before the Lord
that they strive not about words to no profit,
but to the subverting of the hearers.'

(2 Timothy 2:14)

@Nancy @Rita
Hi there,

I have had a few days away from the forum because of it's negative affect upon me: coming on today to see if anyone had responded to any of my posts. What is important is that we continue to do what we always do, and that is to continue reading our Bibles and studying what God places on our hearts. For nothing will compensate for the loss of that.

What killed it for me was reading the thread 'Three Days and Three Nights', in which the comments were becoming so unpleasant. What matters is that Christ died and rose again, all of this arguing over what day the crucifixion took place etc., is soul destroying (literally).

Take care both,
With love to you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Of these things put them in remembrance,
charging them before the Lord
that they strive not about words to no profit,
but to the subverting of the hearers.'

(2 Timothy 2:14)

@Nancy @Rita
Hi there,

I have had a few days away from the forum because of it's negative affect upon me: coming on today to see if anyone had responded to any of my posts. What is important is that we continue to do what we always do, and that is to continue reading our Bibles and studying what God places on our hearts. For nothing will compensate for the loss of that.

What killed it for me was reading the thread 'Three Days and Three Nights', in which the comments were becoming so unpleasant. What matters is that Christ died and rose again, all of this arguing over what day the crucifixion took place etc., is soul destroying (literally).

Take care both,
With love to you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Thank you Chris,
You are always kind and I've never seen a sarcastic biting word from you, not even once. I respect you for that my sister. I have not checked out the "Three days and Night's thread so, thanks for the warning, haha!
I am in the midst of making my spare room a study. Am looking so forward to having everything organized...just have to have my nieces boyfriend put a desk together for me. It is way past time i spent much, much less time on here as, it is starting to bring me down.
God Bless and keep you Chris,
In His Love,
nancy

Reactions: Rita and Heart2Soul

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All that verse is saying is, true Christianity is not popular in the midst of false christianity, aka "church-ianity".

Many people who attending the churches today, are dying WITHOUT Christ dwelling within them. Romans 8:8-9.
Because they only know of Him, and not "the power of His Resurrection",
they "have a form of godliness, but deny the power thereof", of which saves no one.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of us can be hurt easily, and many are driven away quickly. I came on here to learn and to fellowship since, it seems impossible to find a good Christian friend to depend on, to pray with, to do things with. This very site filled the fellowship emptiness for a short while but now, I am not as joyful to get on here and am afraid to speak my mind so...has been mostly just reading stuff on here and looking for other sites as, I've not done that before. Being a Christian is very lonely, especially when you come to Christ at a later age. You have to walk away from all the decades old friendships and when doing that, you look forward to meeting Christian friends. Has not happened for me, anyhow. Seems the right of passage into the church's is to belong to a family, kids, husband, you know. Or, you will be ignored and looked at funny. Seems this girl will end up an old woman, with just The Lord and myself. And, He is enough.
God Bless
@Rita, @Nancy, @charity....
Good morning, sisters...I pray your day is blessed and full of joy.
I want to encourage all of you to be strong and stand and fight the good fight of faith.
Put on your spiritual armor daily and be aware that what we war against here in this forum are not flesh and blood (members), but principalities, powers, spiritual wickedness....
Ephesians 6 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹² For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
¹³ Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

So let me encourage to fight the right battle...and remember the Victory belongs to the Lord and the battle is already won.

You're not going to find a forum where there is perfect peace and harmony amongst members.
We who are spiritual should rise up and pray for those who spitefully abuse us, speaking falsely and slandering us....for the fervent prayer of a righteous man/woman availeth much. PRAY..PRAY..PRAY...and LOVE...LOVE...LOVE...:)
And come together often to lift one another up when you get weary and heavy burdened..

The enemy is trying to take over all areas of Christianity....churches, forums, organizations, charities....And Christian's are letting him because they don't stand and fight the good fight of faith....in humility and love we must come together fight back and take back what he has stolen.:)

Mercy I just keep going...:)
I love you ladies! I will gladly lay down my life for my sisters here...hugs! (And brothers)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you all noticed we all are at each other throats lately and there are false people saying they are one thing but are not on the forum? Like denying Christ is God and man? Even in general society lately. It is as if Satan is throwing everything possible at all of us Christian or not in one final push. Like in a war the enemy knows they are going to lose but throws everything at the soldiers and civilians hoping to take some done with them. I just got this thought a bit ago and wanted to see what others thought.
Yes, I've noticed that.

Where do we find unity?

Much love!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't teach anyone who thinks same-sex marriage is A-OK. They have already made up their minds, and now they are going to go after the bakers who refuse to bake them a wedding cake. Thankfully, one baker won his right to refuse.
I disagree...you can lead them to His Word and let the Word accomplish what He sent it to do and pray the Holy Spirit will open their eyes to see, ears to hear, and heart to receive the Truth....even atheists have been converted by hearing the truth and receiving it.