At each others throats

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I've noticed that.

Where do we find unity?

Much love!
If we practised 1 Corinthians 13, I think things would improve. But as sure as I'm sitting here, scriptural-based ongoing sanctification would greatly improve things. I knew about instant sanctification but for me, it didn't change anything except my denial level.
When I got saved, everything I needed was purchase by our Lord when He died for us. This included Holy Spirit illumination of the word. But He didn't read it to me, I had to do that myself. He also bought us the right to wash our robes in His blood, which I believe is a metaphor for the sanctification process. But He doesn't do our laundry for us, we have to do that ourselves. Shalom.

R

Rita

Are you telling us that you are another supporter of same-sex marriage? Or do you just dislike bakers who stand up for what they believe?
I think it was more your words ‘ you can’t teach ......’
As for the rest, I am not sure I agreed with the bakers when it happened over here - also i do not believe K9 supported same sex marriage , I don’t, but accept that within our society it happens.
Rita

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading through other comments here and while reading I got a picture of Forrest Gump refusing to listen to Lieutenant Dan when he told him not to go back because planes had been sent to do a bombing of the area.
Forrest said..."I gotta go get Bubba!"
This made me smile because I realized this place is a battle zone and I keep coming back because there is a "Bubba" here somewhere that I might be able to help save!:)
Or maybe I am a "Bubba" that needs help at times!:D

Reactions: bbyrd009 and marks

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you telling us that you are another supporter of same-sex marriage? Or do you just dislike bakers who stand up for what they believe?
So do you think it wrong to sell gay people beds? How about sheets and blankets? How about selling beds to unmarried heterosexual couples? Would you be helping them commit fornication? Maybe you would see a valid marriage license before you sell a couple a bed.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn’t aware that this forum was exclusive, or that it was a political forum , thought it was for Christians - the fact that many align to one group more than others shouldn’t really come into how or what a Christian can post or discuss. I didn’t come here and automatically know who the majority was, and even if I did, I saw a wide array of subjects being discussed, and many were contentious issues.
Also, if you read K9 posts properly you would have seen the point he was making, and not drawn the conclusion you and many have reached about what he agrees with and what he doesn’t agree with.
Perhaps you think I am a troll because I got what he was saying. Is that how you define a troll.
Your opening line is instantly judgmental - I don’t recall K9 saying ‘ he loves liberalism ‘ that is your interpretation of what you think you know about him. You are judging him on one thread - not getting to know him, but drawing conclusions before You do.
And you wonder why the forum has issues !
Rita

Than I 'll leave and you all be happy banding about heresy. I am done, no one wants good teaching just all relative.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Than I 'll leave and you all be happy banding about heresy. I am done, no one wants good teaching just all relative.
You can talk about good teaching and good doctrine all day and all night, you can talk about heresy all you want without budging me. Good doctrines produce good works. Good doctrines do not exist in a vacuum.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can talk about good teaching and good doctrine all day and all night, you can talk about heresy all you want without budging me. Good doctrines produce good works. Good doctrines do not exist in a vacuum.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Amen!

Reactions: Giuliano

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you all noticed
Here's something I've noticed.

I've noticed that a number of debates turning to arguments are between people who actually think the same thing, but are saying it different ways, and think they disagree. One person highlighting one aspect, the other another, and butting heads over it, while if they were to slow down, be a little more attentive to what the other person is saying, maybe they'd discover that we actually agree a bit more than it may seem.

Much love!

Reactions: Giuliano and Rita

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And what is that verse in James? Show your wisdom and knowledge through your conduct, something like that?

Much love!

Reactions: Giuliano

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rita, @Nancy, @charity....
Good morning, sisters...I pray your day is blessed and full of joy.
I want to encourage all of you to be strong and stand and fight the good fight of faith.
Put on your spiritual armor daily and be aware that what we war against here in this forum are not flesh and blood (members), but principalities, powers, spiritual wickedness....
Ephesians 6 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹² For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
¹³ Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

So let me encourage to fight the right battle...and remember the Victory belongs to the Lord and the battle is already won.

You're not going to find a forum where there is perfect peace and harmony amongst members.
We who are spiritual should rise up and pray for those who spitefully abuse us, speaking falsely and slandering us....for the fervent prayer of a righteous man/woman availeth much. PRAY..PRAY..PRAY...and LOVE...LOVE...LOVE...:)
And come together often to lift one another up when you get weary and heavy burdened..

The enemy is trying to take over all areas of Christianity....churches, forums, organizations, charities....And Christian's are letting him because they don't stand and fight the good fight of faith....in humility and love we must come together fight back and take back what he has stolen.:)

Mercy I just keep going...:)
I love you ladies! I will gladly lay down my life for my sisters here...hugs! (And brothers)

Hello H!
You do have the gift of edification, I must say sis :D
You are correct...it does not matter what forum we are on...we will find the same and...indeed, fight the good fight!
The armor is always on yet...sometimes we let our guard down and, that is all the enemy needs..

I'm sick and ashamed just to think of how I allowed satan to steal a large portion of the life God gave me! If only, if only... But, all is in His time.
And, I would lay myself down for you as well! There is nothing on this earth that could hold me here, not. a. thing. - and to die for a brother or a sister in the name of Christ??!
"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."
John 15:13
xo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello H!
You do have the gift of edification, I must say sis :D
You are correct...it does not matter what forum we are on...we will find the same and...indeed, fight the good fight!
The armor is always on yet...sometimes we let our guard down and, that is all the enemy needs..

I'm sick and ashamed just to think of how I allowed satan to steal a large portion of the life God gave me! If only, if only... But, all is in His time.
And, I would lay myself down for you as well! There is nothing on this earth that could hold me here, not. a. thing. - and to die for a brother or a sister in the name of Christ??!
"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."
John 15:13
xo
Thank you sister! ❤

Reactions: Giuliano and Nancy

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The
Have you all noticed we all are at each other throats lately and there are false people saying they are one thing but are not on the forum? Like denying Christ is God and man? Even in general society lately. It is as if Satan is throwing everything possible at all of us Christian or not in one final push. Like in a war the enemy knows they are going to lose but throws everything at the soldiers and civilians hoping to take some done with them. I just got this thought a bit ago and wanted to see what others thought.

There are many hateful bigots infecting this community. Thankfully, there is the "ignore" feature!

Reactions: Nancy

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world is saved! A baker didn't have to make a cake he didn't feel like making!

What about non-Christians who don't like Christians? Should they be allowed to tell Christians they don't make wedding cakes for Christians? How about Muslims who think dogs are unclean -- do Muslim cabbies have the right to tell Christians they get a ride if they have a dog with them? That has happened, by the way.
I would hope so!

I wouldn't want to give my business to someone who didn't want it!

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world is saved! A baker didn't have to make a cake he didn't feel like making!

What about non-Christians who don't like Christians? Should they be allowed to tell Christians they don't make wedding cakes for Christians? How about Muslims who think dogs are unclean -- do Muslim cabbies have the right to tell Christians they get a ride if they have a dog with them? That has happened, by the way.
The baker in question did serve homosexuals. He ONLY refused to make them a wedding cake because it went against his convictions as a Christian.

Reactions: historyb

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you all noticed we all are at each other throats lately and there are false people saying they are one thing but are not on the forum? Like denying Christ is God and man? Even in general society lately. It is as if Satan is throwing everything possible at all of us Christian or not in one final push. Like in a war the enemy knows they are going to lose but throws everything at the soldiers and civilians hoping to take some done with them. I just got this thought a bit ago and wanted to see what others thought.

Human Pride is the cause of contention, as is the carnal mind. Paul says we "know in Part", all of us only know partially what the church as whole knows altogether. Unity begins with each of us admitting we do not know, and we need the revelation of the Holy Ghost to be taught by. But even then He will not reveal the whole truth as he wishes that we learn from fellowship and love for one another. (1 Corinthians 12:7) What we have with denominationalism is all the likeminded congregating together, All the different parts of the body ignoring the others and not learning from them, all the "feet" in one denomination and all the hands in another, and all the eyes in yet another, to use Paul's analogy in 1 Cor. 12. Why? Because of Human pride and the inability to admit we only know in part.

Then there is the carnal mind. The cunning craftiness used by men to create followers to their own creeds only... That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; (Eph. 4:14) You see the carnal mind wishes to be the boss of your life, But the reality for a Christian should be that Christ is the head, and the more we are filled with him, and the mind of Christ the less we will trust in our own understanding. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. (Romans 8:6) Paul addressed this carnality in 1 Corinthians 3:1-4, and this whole chapter is worth reading if you have the time.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Human Pride is the cause of contention, as is the carnal mind. Paul says we "know in Part", all of us only know partially what the church as whole knows altogether. Unity begins with each of us admitting we do not know, and we need the revelation of the Holy Ghost to be taught by. But even then He will not reveal the whole truth as he wishes that we learn from fellowship and love for one another. (1 Corinthians 12:7) What we have with denominationalism is all the likeminded congregating together, All the different parts of the body ignoring the others and not learning from them, all the "feet" in one denomination and all the hands in another, and all the eyes in yet another, to use Paul's analogy in 1 Cor. 12. Why? Because of Human pride and the inability to admit we only know in part.

Then there is the carnal mind. The cunning craftiness used by men to create followers to their own creeds only... That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; (Eph. 4:14) You see the carnal mind wishes to be the boss of your life, But the reality for a Christian should be that Christ is the head, and the more we are filled with him, and the mind of Christ the less we will trust in our own understanding. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. (Romans 8:6) Paul addressed this carnality in 1 Corinthians 3:1-4, and this whole chapter is worth reading if you have the time.
WORD!

Reactions: Nancy