At each others throats

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm new here and it is disheartening to see supposed believers in Christ treating others poorly. I came here to share and to learn in order to help myself and others to become closer to Christ. I hope others are here for that reason.
I know a number of believers who are not in my theology. The problem with forums is I can express much and not know God. So little wonder Christ does
not shine through as He is not there often.

I was told for sharing love and faith I was evil. Now flip the words, and you will see who is of Christ and who not it is a joke because children are wiser. How you emotionally handle others declares grapes and figs or thorns and thistles. No man or woman of God does not express Jesus in their heart.

So ignore the poison and let the Lord's Spirit flow, Amen, God bless you

Reactions: K9Buck

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who are you to judge who's a Christian? Are you ready to start burning people at the stake again because they don't fit your criteria? Now burning them at the stake would really show the love of God, wouldn't it?
It would certainly heat up the arguments.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So do you think it wrong to sell gay people beds? How about sheets and blankets? How about selling beds to unmarried heterosexual couples? Would you be helping them commit fornication? Maybe you would see a valid marriage license before you sell a couple a bed.
I will sleep on that one for now.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some of us can be hurt easily, and many are driven away quickly. I came on here to learn and to fellowship since, it seems impossible to find a good Christian friend to depend on, to pray with, to do things with. This very site filled the fellowship emptiness for a short while but now, I am not as joyful to get on here and am afraid to speak my mind so...have been mostly just reading stuff on here and looking for other sites as, I've not done that before. Being a Christian is very lonely, especially when you come to Christ at a later age. You have to walk away from all the decades old friendships and when doing that, you look forward to meeting Christian friends. Has not happened for me, anyhow. Seems the right of passage into the church's is to belong to a family, kids, husband, you know. Or, you will be ignored and looked at funny. Seems this girl will end up an old woman, with just The Lord and myself. And, He is enough.
God Bless
Nancy, speak your mind. What others do with it is their problem not yours.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you all noticed we all are at each other throats lately and there are false people saying they are one thing but are not on the forum? Like denying Christ is God and man? Even in general society lately. It is as if Satan is throwing everything possible at all of us Christian or not in one final push. Like in a war the enemy knows they are going to lose but throws everything at the soldiers and civilians hoping to take some done with them. I just got this thought a bit ago and wanted to see what others thought.
We are all fine...just testing beliefs.

We just need to keep calm and debate on...

Reactions: Heart2Soul

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all fine...just testing beliefs.

We just need to keep calm and debate on...

I Am New here so I do not know anyone yet as to what they believe or do not believe. I Want to show you a way to resolve a long standing conflict in the churches which is the debate between eternal security and conditional security. I do not know if this has been brought up here or not, But it is a good one to use as an example. There are Christian Brothers and sisters on both sides of this debate, and Both sides have ample scriptures to support their side of the debate, which I will not get into here but you can look them up yourself.

Anyway, what if both sides are right, and both sides are wrong.... what if each side knows in part, But not the whole and until those sides have a dialogue they will be unable to come together. What if the Inspiration of the Holy Ghost put those passages pointing to conditional security there on purpose that a New believer will work out their faith with fear and trembling? What if the doctrine of Eternal security taught as a doctrine rather than an experience we must arrive at on our Journey of faith is just as detrimental to the Christian walk, turning the grace of God into Lasciviousness?

What if the Narrow way is for every Christian to arrive at the full assurance of the faith By travelling through the wilderness of Doubt, that we may then fully know of our eternal security, not by taught doctrine but by a vital relationship with the living Christ? Most in both camps when confronted with this will in pride resist this notion, for one side leans on the crutch of legalism and law keeping and the other on the crutch of textualism and neither side has taken this journey to full assurance of the faith, a vital experience that we all must arrive at in our journey of faith which comes by walking through the wilderness of doubt (Conditional security) till we finally give up our own attempts at righteousness by our will and strength and fully rest in His righteousness which is imputed upon us.... this not being a mere doctrine, but a Known and shared experience of all the brothers and sisters in Christ.

This sort of thinking can be used to resolve some of the other conflicts in the church such as Calvinism and Arminianism.... what if both sides are right and both sides are wrong and the solution is in unity and admitting we Know in Part. The resolution to this latter conflict is far more complex than the conditional security and eternal security debate, But the solution is still there. The same can be applied to the Cessationism Continuationism debate, and even the whole works vs faith debate. A hardened heart and a carnal mind cannot grasp this, but a heart searching for the truth and hungering and thirsting for righteousness will.

Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. (Hebrews 10: 22-25)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Am New here so I do not know anyone yet as to what they believe or do not believe. I Want to show you a way to resolve a long standing conflict in the churches which is the debate between eternal security and conditional security. I do not know if this has been brought up here or not, But it is a good one to use as an example. There are Christian Brothers and sisters on both sides of this debate, and Both sides have ample scriptures to support their side of the debate, which I will not get into here but you can look them up yourself.

Anyway, what if both sides are right, and both sides are wrong.... what if each side knows in part, But not the whole and until those sides have a dialogue they will be unable to come together. What if the Inspiration of the Holy Ghost put those passages pointing to conditional security there on purpose that a New believer will work out their faith with fear and trembling? What if the doctrine of Eternal security taught as a doctrine rather than an experience we must arrive at on our Journey of faith is just as detrimental to the Christian walk, turning the grace of God into Lasciviousness?

What if the Narrow way is for every Christian to arrive at the full assurance of the faith By travelling through the wilderness of Doubt, that we may then fully know of our eternal security, not by taught doctrine but by a vital relationship with the living Christ? Most in both camps when confronted with this will in pride resist this notion, for one side leans on the crutch of legalism and law keeping and the other on the crutch of textualism and neither side has taken this journey to full assurance of the faith, a vital experience that we all must arrive at in our journey of faith which comes by walking through the wilderness of doubt (Conditional security) till we finally give up our own attempts at righteousness by our will and strength and fully rest in His righteousness which is imputed upon us.... this not being a mere doctrine, but a Known and shared experience of all the brothers and sisters in Christ.

This sort of thinking can be used to resolve some of the other conflicts in the church such as Calvinism and Arminianism.... what if both sides are right and both sides are wrong and the solution is in unity and admitting we Know in Part. The resolution to this latter conflict is far more complex than the conditional security and eternal security debate, But the solution is still there. The same can be applied to the Cessationism Continuationism debate, and even the whole works vs faith debate. A hardened heart and a carnal mind cannot grasp this, but a heart searching for the truth and hungering and thirsting for righteousness will.

Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. (Hebrews 10: 22-25)
Good post. It is better to debate an idea without settling it, than to settle it without debating it.