At each others throats

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have noticed there are some...but definitely not all are at each other's throats.
I believe the stress and concerns of what is happening in the world does have a profound impact on how we communicate to others.
I quit watching the news...drama, drama, drama is all you ever hear and it kept me in a state of constant anger towards the opposition.
My whole attitude has changed and I am at peace with myself and others.
One thing to try to overcome is responding in like manner towards someone who is being rude and insulting.
For every debate forum you visit go to a praise, testimonial, prayer or fellowship forum as well. If you stay in the debate forums then be prepared to debate others with a humble spirit...don't mirror what someone else does if it is negative.
My 2 cents worth:)

I ddon't know, it's not just the state of what is going on but I believe Satan is actively sending people to pretend to be Christians, putting Christians on their profiles when they are not. We have people who love sin, people who are JW all pretending to be Christians and not. They are flooding onto the forums and the mods are powerless and the admins don't seem to care.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ddon't know, it's not just the state of what is going on but I believe Satan is actively sending people to pretend to be Christians, putting Christians on their profiles when they are not. We have people who love sin, people who are JW all pretending to be Christians and not. They are flooding onto the forums and the mods are powerless and the admins don't seem to care.
That's fine if they do...God knows who is and who isn't a Christian.
I love you brother but you tend to be a little too judgmental of other members here. Just share your belief in truth and love and let the Holy Spirit deal with the others. No wonder you are so bummed....hardly anyone measures up to your standards:).....I have heard it is very lonely at the top....(smile I am just throwing a little humor in the pot no serious intent behind it).
But in all seriousness, you can't let how others believe or act determine how you believe or act. God alone will be the one who brings us all together in unity of faith. Amen?
Just pray for them!
God Bless!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's fine if they do...God knows who is and who isn't a Christian.
I love you brother but you tend to be a little too judgmental of other members here. Just share your belief in truth and love and let the Holy Spirit deal with the others. No wonder you are so bummed....hardly anyone measures up to your standards:).....I have heard it is very lonely at the top....(smile I am just throwing a little humor in the pot no serious intent behind it).
But in all seriousness, you can't let how others believe or act determine how you believe or act. God is alone will be the one who brings us all together in unity of faith. Amen?
Just pray for them!
God Bless!

Is there anyone anymore that will stand for Christ and not try to have truth be subjective. Will Christ find any faith on earth when He returns.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there anyone anymore that will stand for Christ and not try to have truth be subjective. Will Christ find any faith on earth when He returns.
I stand for Christ everyday. But when it comes to discussing controversial topics such as Trinity vs Oneness, Rapture vs Non Rapture, Modern Prophets vs No Prophets, Miracles vs No Miracles....and so forth and so forth unless anyone can conclude with absolute proof in scripture as to one or the other then neither is right or wrong.
It's inconclusive. I wasn't raised a Catholic and so I disagree with their doctrines but I don't disrespect them. They are God's children as well.
Have a good night I have to leave for a bit.

Reactions: amadeus

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Like in a war the enemy knows they are going to lose but throws everything at the soldiers and civilians hoping to take some done with them.
Exactly. We are in a war and this is an aspect of spiritual warfare. That spiritual warfare is also being waged on the streets of the USA and Canada.

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What I dislike very much is reading posts that fail to teach me anything.
You can't teach anyone who thinks same-sex marriage is A-OK. They have already made up their minds, and now they are going to go after the bakers who refuse to bake them a wedding cake. Thankfully, one baker won his right to refuse.

Reactions: Helen and historyb

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are you to judge who's a Christian? Are you ready to start burning people at the stake again because they don't fit your criteria? Now burning them at the stake would really show the love of God, wouldn't it?

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I stand for Christ everyday. But when it comes to discussing controversial topics such as Trinity vs Oneness, Rapture vs Non Rapture, Modern Prophets vs No Prophets, Miracles vs No Miracles....and so forth and so forth unless anyone can conclude with absolute proof in scripture as to one or the other then neither is right or wrong.
It's inconclusive. I wasn't raised a Catholic and so I disagree with their doctrines but I don't disrespect them. They are God's children as well.
Have a good night I have to leave for a bit.

I wasn't raised Catholic either, I converted and the unconverted. There is no way that I will sit by anywhere and let someone led others astray by saying things like Christ is not 100 percent man and 100 percent God. These yahoo's are challenging basic Christian doctrine and belief that has come down through thousands of years on all sides of orthodox Christianity. The Church fathers never shrunk from proclaiming that people were committing damaging heresy. No those who say Christ is not both God and Man are not His children, it would be stupid that the Church Fathers made creeds if they were. The problem here is that to many are ready to accept people when they say they are Christians even if they are outright heretics

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't teach anyone who thinks same-sex marriage is A-OK. They have already made up their minds, and now they are going to go after the bakers who refuse to bake them a wedding cake. Thankfully, one baker won his right to refuse.
The world is saved! A baker didn't have to make a cake he didn't feel like making!

What about non-Christians who don't like Christians? Should they be allowed to tell Christians they don't make wedding cakes for Christians? How about Muslims who think dogs are unclean -- do Muslim cabbies have the right to tell Christians they get a ride if they have a dog with them? That has happened, by the way.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't raised Catholic either, I converted and the unconverted. There is no way that I will sit by anywhere and let someone led others astray by saying things like Christ is not 100 percent man and 100 percent God. These yahoo's are challenging basic Christian doctrine and belief that has come down through thousands of years on all sides of orthodox Christianity. The Church fathers never shrunk from proclaiming that people were committing damaging heresy. No those who say Christ is not both God and Man are not His children, it would be stupid that the Church Fathers made creeds if they were. The problem here is that to many are ready to accept people when they say they are Christians even if they are outright heretics
If memory serves me right, fanaticism and hate entered the Early Church when bishops brawled and fought over such things. Love went out the door. They fought over obscure things they couldn't prove, persecuted the losers and then declared themselves infallible. Christianity is still struggling to rid itself of the ugliness which entered it in the Fourth Century.

Me? I am content to let Jesus decide who are his servants and who aren't.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The forum has been that way ever since I joined, and even before I joined I was warned that I would need a thick skin !
We are told in scripture that the ‘ love of many will grow cold ‘ and it was addressing Christians, not the world.
We are a.so told that it will be because of lawlessness - which I believe was in reference to what would be going on around the Christians, so I guess we have to ask ourselves how we are reacting and responding to things happening around us. Does it make us give in to the human old nature which can lead to a whole array of emotional responses with one another, and towards those around us, or does it draw us to the Lord who can and does use situations.
Does your love for the Lord and the people who are lost grow or diminish - remembering Ephesians chapter 6 that pulls us to remember the real battle ground and the words to pray for one another.
Whether we like it or not every single human being was made in Gods image - everyone is valuable to him.
It strikes me that all I hear is hate towards those outside of the kingdom - the ‘ lefties ‘ is thrown around this forum constantly in a derogative manner. They are seen as the real enemy by many. They are the lost people we are called to witness and evangelise to .............
Rita
In spite of what you hear, or have been led to believe, God's Age of Grace for His forgiveness through Christ, is not for forever!!
Jesus said plainly in Luke 18[8] I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Thats a very telling statement, when it is placed in conjunction with the act of repentance towards God.
The reason being is, its revealing that we may very well be in the manifestation of the time, when people no longer believe that GOD IS.
Heb. 11[6] But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

For Christians, I perceive that we have just entered into the beginning of the time, when the unsaved are unable to believe that God is! For anyone who is in that state of mind, they CANNOT come to repentance towards God, if they don't believe that He is!
That is a clear sign of the beginnings of having no faith!
Revelation speaks of that time!
Rev. 9[21] Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

We are now at the theshold, of looking down the road to see the MoB, which undoubtedly will split everyone to one side or the other, aka the separation of the "sheep and goats".Those who take the MoB and those who refuse to take the MoB.

In that moment of time, everyone will have decided, for either action that they chose. Everyone will find themselves to be either locked in the KoG, or locked out of the KoG. That is exactly what Rev. 22:11 is saying!
[11] He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What about non-Christians who don't like Christians? Should they be allowed to tell Christians they don't make wedding cakes for Christians?
It would be their loss. Christians could simply go to a Christian baker.
How about Muslims who think dogs are unclean -- do Muslim cabbies have the right to tell Christians they get a ride if they have a dog with them? That has happened, by the way.
What was the outcome?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be their loss. Christians could simply go to a Christian baker.
You think that's a solution? What about a place where Muslims own almost all the businesses and houses? You think it would be okay for the Muslims to tell Christians they can't get jobs or shop in their stores? Okay to tell them they can't rent or buy housing?
What was the outcome?
Conflict. The last I heard no one had found a solution. The cabbies also refused customers if they had a bottle of liquor that they could see.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
what is it? is a tough pill for ppl raised as hegelians to swallow i guess, yeh
we become convinced that there is a "correct" answer for any situation
boy, i dunno, imo they do an amazing juggling act here
i mean arent those ppl the ones who need help the most?
i wouldnt be where i am today without the forebearance of this forum tbh

but then i must be out of the loop; ive heard that--some iteration of your op--more or less a couple times here in the last couple days. Not sure what im missing? Also not sure i care to know lol :)

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The forum has been that way ever since I joined, and even before I joined I was warned that I would need a thick skin !
We are told in scripture that the ‘ love of many will grow cold ‘ and it was addressing Christians, not the world.
We are a.so told that it will be because of lawlessness - which I believe was in reference to what would be going on around the Christians, so I guess we have to ask ourselves how we are reacting and responding to things happening around us. Does it make us give in to the human old nature which can lead to a whole array of emotional responses with one another, and towards those around us, or does it draw us to the Lord who can and does use situations.
Does your love for the Lord and the people who are lost grow or diminish - remembering Ephesians chapter 6 that pulls us to remember the real battle ground and the words to pray for one another.
Whether we like it or not every single human being was made in Gods image - everyone is valuable to him.
It strikes me that all I hear is hate towards those outside of the kingdom - the ‘ lefties ‘ is thrown around this forum constantly in a derogative manner. They are seen as the real enemy by many. They are the lost people we are called to witness and evangelise to .............
Rita

For sure thick skin Rita, ha ha!
Good points, and our "reactions/responses" to what is happening around us while among others, speaks volumes about how "weary" a Christian might be. Have we become "weary in well doing"? And yes, I see many Christians have "waxed cold"...even I myself sometimes just want to get away from all people, and do not even want to answer my phone! But, that does not last very long, it only pulls you further apart from others and there is enough divisiveness within the church today as it is.

"Does it make us give in to the human old nature which can lead to a whole array of emotional responses with one another, and towards those around us, or does it draw us to the Lord who can and does use situations."

Maybe some might respond with the old man's nature, or at least have an initial knee jerk reaction to a situation that might have once brought out the old nature but, not if discipline is being exercised! And, is that not a fruit? :) I'll not say i have not had my moment's...

"Does your love for the Lord and the people who are lost grow or diminish - remembering Ephesians chapter 6 that pulls us to remember the real battle ground and the words to pray for one another."

God sure does have His way of putting us in certain areas for His own reasons. Since living where I do now, He has and still does, every day I leave this house, shown me so many lost souls in my own neighborhood. He has given me a heart for all of them where as the old man did not have that kind of compassion. Oh, would feel bad but out of sight out of mind back then. It can become overwhelming when you think about it and very easy to see how we certainly can pray without ceasing. Starting with those close to us and spreading out to our communities then the world as a whole...not to mention Christians should be praying for Christians all the time for strength TO pray! Amen.

"They are the lost people we are called to witness and evangelise to ............."
WORD!
Seems these are the least prayed for Rita as, the hatred and division has so creeped into the church that it has become the "norm" or "okay" to hate certain people. How is it that some Christians forget that we are fighting against the spirit behind sinful behaviors?
Blindness to the real enemy and he's laughing his way to hell about it too. So sad :(
xx