Attention Everyone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I always viewed it as a virtual campfire. We can go hang out with eachother and talk about anything. Sort of like, as long as we are fellows in Christ, we are welcome to discuss in the Fellowship Forum.

But isn't that somewhat "incestuous"? When you strip away the camouflage what you're saying is "I'd like to discuss all manner of things about life and the world and our experiences but I don't want Muslims or Buddhists or Hindu's or atheists getting a look in"

TLHKAJ is correct imo. If there are things being discussed that are not tied to or limited by Christianity and related matters then they should be in a General Discussion Area where everyone can contribute.

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But isn't that somewhat "incestuous"? When you strip away the camouflage what you're saying is "I'd like to discuss all manner of things about life and the world and our experiences but I don't want Muslims or Buddhists or Hindu's or atheists getting a look in"

Nope.

I didn't say any of that. When we strip away the camoflauge of some of your posts, we see you're adding things into the messages of others.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks but I believe I do understand it. By grace my eyes have been opened to the true allegorical meanings hidden within the texts, stories and parables. I have "ears to hear and eyes to see". Hence I understand the secret referred to in the parable of the corn of wheat, hence I understand what Genesis is really talking about, hence I understand what the story of the Great Flood was about and so on. It's not literal. Your evangelical quips, whilst I am sure are well meant, are wasted because they stem from a literal interpretation of the texts. While ever you take the Bible literally, you do not have the "ears to hear" or the "eyes to see". I hope therefore that the true meanings will be revealed to you in the fullness of time.

Always. :) But I believe someone who is not under grace does not have ears to hear, not according to His Word. Just know there is a God who loves you and desires for you to understand this and make Him Lord of your life.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Always. :) But I believe someone who is not under grace does not have ears to hear, not according to His Word. Just know there is a God who loves you and desires for you to understand this and make Him Lord of your life.

As I said, by grace the true meanings of those allegorical texts and stories have been revealed to me. My eyes are open, the veil has been lifted.
It's clear from your various posts that you don't understand the allegorical meanings of the texts. And that's fine. There was a time when my eyes were similarly closed. We are all at different points on the journey. Our eyes can only be opened when we are prepared to be honest with ourselves and leave at the door the pre-conditioned notions we have grown up with and have been taught. Chinese philosophy has a phrase for this:

"Empty your cup"

You can not pour into a cup the true meaning if the cup is already full of something else.

This is wisdom

While ever you shield yourself from the views, opinions and teachings of others you will never see the real meanings for in truth, the core secret meanings are shared by all the mainstream religions and are recounted in all the mainstream works, including the Bible, The Quran, The Bhagavad Gita, the works of Taoism and so on. It's just that many of the followers of those individual religions do not have eyes to see or ears to hear the true messages hidden allegorically in the texts. Consequently, in taking the incorrect literal meanings they then deduce that their religion is the true one and then one religion is pitted against another and conflicts arise. This is all wrong. The religions share the same core secret messages but they are hidden from most.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have to say it seems extremely cowardly to create forum restrictions where non-Christians may not contribute to discussions started by Christians, but here Christians CAN contribute to non-Christian created threads. Hard to see the justification for it.
There are babies among us my friend. People need to grow moving from crib to bed and crawl to walk before moving away from the covering of their parents.

Reactions: Nancy and Josho

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My experience of for example churches is that despite being called different things, they nevertheless invite non-Christians in and are more than happy to debate any topic with Christian and non-Christians alike.

Do you believe for example that because you call yourself a Christian, you have unquestionable authority on matters pertaining to the Bible?

Or could perhaps people who don't refer to themselves as Christian have a great deal of knowledge about the Bible and what it means?

Do you think non-Christians would have nothing useful to contribute on the topic of prayer? or suffering? or evolution?

What are you afraid of?
If they do not know God, they are deaf and blind with regard to the things of God.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would all members please read Angelina's thread ATTENTION MEMBERS...
It states that Christians are not to start threads here....
You can reply to threads....just don't create them.
I believe the purpose for this is to give non-Christians a forum to participate in without having to adhere to christian doctrine...?
Anyway, please create all future threads in the Christian Forums.
Thank You!

OK

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because open debate is pointless and false if it seeks to censor out the view point of certain people or groups or demographics. It's cowardly.
Would it be cowardly for you to leave your pre-school aged children in the care of strangers?
Perhaps the greater problem here is that threads are being created which span topics which affect all humans and as such should not really reside in a Christians Only section of the forum. Does it really benefit the forum to start multiple versions of the same threads? It would make the reading tedious for those people wanting a broader perspective and thus who would have to track the posts in multiple threads. Any way you cut it it's silly.

I see another thread asking about whether the OT God is or is not the same god as the NT God.

Why would you not want an atheists perspective of such an issue? or a Buddhists? or anyone else's? The notion is just crazy.
Not being a believer why would you presume it would be crazy to a Christian believer? We do live by faith rather than by knowledge of the carnal brain alone

One does not need to be a Christian to see the outright contradictions of the OT and NT.
But... one does need to know God in order to understand that in God there are no contradictions even though it may seem that way to a carnal mind.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When he said "for those who have ears to hear" or "eyes to see" it is invariably a clear warning that the words or stories or parables that follow are concealing a key message or secret which is not written literally.

Not quite. Ears to hear and eyes to see is in reference to the Sinful Nature, and whether or not it has been cut out by Christ. It is when the Curse of Adam and Eve has been lifted when a person is able to see and think clearly. I assure you . . . you do not know the Gospel, for very few actually do . . . even the vast majority of those who attend the average Christian church (and Christian colleges).

Reactions: Nancy

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, it's a virtual dance,.. I edited my post lol

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fellowship forum. Next Sunday is a Valentine's Day dance as well. Wanna be online friends? I really like you. :)

Okay, let's be friends.

My wedding anniversary actually happens to be on Valentine's day, so I will be busy then. Anyway, thanks for your warm welcome!

Reactions: April_Rose

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, by grace the true meanings of those allegorical texts and stories have been revealed to me. My eyes are open, the veil has been lifted.
It's clear from your various posts that you don't understand the allegorical meanings of the texts. And that's fine. There was a time when my eyes were similarly closed. We are all at different points on the journey. Our eyes can only be opened when we are prepared to be honest with ourselves and leave at the door the pre-conditioned notions we have grown up with and have been taught. Chinese philosophy has a phrase for this:

"Empty your cup"

You can not pour into a cup the true meaning if the cup is already full of something else.

This is wisdom

While ever you shield yourself from the views, opinions and teachings of others you will never see the real meanings for in truth, the core secret meanings are shared by all the mainstream religions and are recounted in all the mainstream works, including the Bible, The Quran, The Bhagavad Gita, the works of Taoism and so on. It's just that many of the followers of those individual religions do not have eyes to see or ears to hear the true messages hidden allegorically in the texts. Consequently, in taking the incorrect literal meanings they then deduce that their religion is the true one and then one religion is pitted against another and conflicts arise. This is all wrong. The religions share the same core secret messages but they are hidden from most.

In Christ Jesus, my cup overflows with living water. I do not have any need or want for worldly wisdom. I only desire to abide and grow in my relationship with God, my Father. He saved my life and is the reason why I live. It is not religion, but relationship.

downloadfile-2.jpg

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Christ Jesus, my cup overflows with living water. I do not have any need or want for worldly wisdom. I only desire to abide and grow in my relationship with God, my Father. He saved my life and is the reason why I live. It is not religion, but relationship.

Outstanding. I wish that everyone felt as you do. This world would actually be peaceful. :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”

Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
John 4:10‭, ‬12‭-‬14 NIV

Reactions: April_Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.