Attention Everyone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, let's be friends.

My wedding anniversary actually happens to be on Valentine's day, so I will be busy then. Anyway, thanks for your warm welcome!

That's alright, I hope you have a really good anniversary and I'm just happy to make new friends. :D Maybe you can come to my luck of the Irish party though, it's going to be held all next month through Saint Patrick's Day. :) (Which Saint Patrick led a lot of the Irish to Christianity so there's actually a really important reason why we celebrate it. :) )

Reactions: Rudometkin

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's alright, I hope you have a really good anniversary and I'm just happy to make new friends. :D Maybe you can come to my luck of the Irish party though, it's going to be held all next month through Saint Patrick's Day. :) (Which Saint Patrick led a lot of the Irish to Christianity so there's actually a really important reason why we celebrate it. :) )

Only one you will really have issue here with is Halloween. That is because a holiday that promotes fear/monsters is not Godly. You do like a Fall party or something, Id probably participate next year. :)

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
There are babies among us my friend. People need to grow moving from crib to bed and crawl to walk before moving away from the covering of their parents.

So you believe shielding the "babies" from the views of others and from all the wider world perspectives that are reality, is a good thing for them?

I can't agree. It's conditioning. It's purposeful censoring of wider perspectives that everyone should be free to hear and explore in their own way.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe shielding the "babies" from the views of others and from all the wider world perspectives that are reality, is a good thing for them?

I can't agree. It's conditioning. It's purposeful censoring of wider perspectives that everyone should be free to hear and explore in their own way.

I notice you have only responded here and in Christian debate. If you feel censored, you should try to post a thread. Then everyone exploring in there own way can come talk and discuss with you if they want to.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only one you will really have issue here with is Halloween. That is because a holiday that promotes fear/monsters is not Godly. You do like a Fall party or something, Id probably participate next year. :)

I might do both because my Halloween party was a really big hit last year so I still want to do it as long as it's allowed. :D

Reactions: Mayflower

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Would it be cowardly for you to leave your pre-school aged children in the care of strangers?

Not necessarily no. But it's totally cowardly to put your babies through forced religious conditioning throughout the formative years of life which are then subsequently extremely hard to shake off. It's fear. It's the fear that if you were to wait until they were old enough to make an informed decision, to analyse, question and rationally appraise, that they might then not agree with your doctrine. There's an entire debate to be had on this topic.

Not being a believer why would you presume it would be crazy to a Christian believer?

Why do you assume I am not a believer? Just because I don't label myself a Christian? Have you any idea how ridiculous and pious such a suggestion is? There are millions of believers. They don't need to follow your personal interpretation of what a believer is. And I didn't suggest that it would be crazy to a Christian. I suggested that the general notion of debating worldly topics whilst purposely excluding the views of other people or demographics is crazy, which it is.

But... one does need to know God in order to understand that in God there are no contradictions even though it may seem that way to a carnal mind.

But we were not talking about God were we? We were talking about the Bible, and about a thread discussing the differences between the OT and NT. There are many contradictions in the Bible, it is literally riddled with them. So again I question why so-called "Christians" would seek to censor out the viewpoints of others on such topics.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you assume I am not a believer? Just because I don't label myself a Christian? Have you any idea how ridiculous and pious such a suggestion is? There are millions of believers. They don't need to follow your personal interpretation of what a believer is. And I didn't suggest that it would be crazy to a Christian. I suggested that the general notion of debating worldly topics whilst purposely excluding the views of other people or demographics is crazy, which it is.

With you're being so upset, maybe this isn't the best place for you.

Reactions: April_Rose

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I notice you have only responded here and in Christian debate. If you feel censored, you should try to post a thread. Then everyone exploring in there own way can come talk and discuss with you if they want to.

No, I am unable to post in the Christian Debate section which is what all this discussion has been about ! Thus yes, my views and those of others are censored and confined to a small corner of the forum away from the primary debate.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I am unable to post in the Christian Debate section which is what all this discussion has been about ! Thus yes, my views and those of others are censored and confined to a small corner of the forum away from the primary debate.

You are more than welcome to establish your own forum that meets your needs. The rules are the rules.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
You are debating Christians right here, and you are allowed to.

What is it you are really after?

I'm after equality. The right to debate with other people regardless of personal religious beliefs, personal political preferences or any other discriminating factors. I can't see how Christianity benefits by exercising discrimination against others and by censoring people's freedom of speech.

I'd like to contribute to various threads that currently reside in the Christian Debate area of the forum. Threads which are not remotely about Christianity or in any way confined to Christian beliefs. For example threads about Free Will vs Determinism, Vaccines, OT vs NT and so on.

This isn't difficult.

I question in fact why those threads reside in the "Christian Debate" section at all. Perhaps they could be moved into the "General Discussion" section where they probably should be. That way everyone could contribute.

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm after equality. The right to debate with other people regardless of personal religious beliefs, personal political preferences or any other discriminating factors. I can't see how Christianity benefits by exercising discrimination against others and by censoring people's freedom of speech.

I'd like to contribute to various threads that currently reside in the Christian Debate area of the forum. Threads which are not remotely about Christianity or in any way confined to Christian beliefs. For example threads about Free Will vs Determinism, Vaccines, OT vs NT and so on.

This isn't difficult.

I question in fact why those threads reside in the "Christian Debate" section at all. Perhaps they could be moved into the "General Discussion" section where they probably should be. That way everyone could contribute.

This is a website regarding personal religious beliefs.

Perhaps you're at a niche forum when you should be at a more general forum. You have clearly been welcomed regardless. Enjoy your stay.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This isn't difficult.

@Heart2Soul
@lforrest
@Josho

They may be able to help you. But it is like a country. You have to be a citizen to enjoy all the benefits. Bloom where you are planted.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
This is a website regarding personal religious beliefs..

Yep I get that, but it happens to also be discussing matters that are not related specifically to personal religious beliefs.

I'm not asking to have freedom to post in "Christian Fellowship" or "Praise and Worship" type areas. I am simply asking to be able to post in threads which are of a more general nature or which are not specific to religious beliefs.

All this said I am now utterly confused because some of the threads I HAVE contributed to now appear in the Christian Debate section.

I wonder if they started out in the General Discussion area and got moved into the Christian Debate thread?

Either way I can't contribute any further to them, the system says I have insufficient privileges.

What gives?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know in the words of the legendary Dodger,.. fairs are for tourists. In this life it's not always going to be fair. So why get all bent out of shape about it? Why should I worry when there's nothing to worry about? Catch ya later @Lapidem. :cool:

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Staff gives you permission to start your own threads here to debate.

Threads here were moved because they shouldn't have been here to begin with. They were started by Christians.

You're missing my point. How have I been able to make posts in say Cristo Rei's thread entitled "The Experimental Needles Don't Work" when that thread is in the Christian Debate section? The system says I have insufficient privileges to post there. Was the thread moved from general Discussion?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're missing my point. How have I been able to make posts in say Cristo Rei's thread entitled "The Experimental Needles Don't Work" when that thread is in the Christian Debate section? The system says I have insufficient privileges to post there. Was the thread moved from general Discussion?

I see your point...that would be frustrating if you were first allowed.

Reactions: April_Rose

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It might be interesting to have a general debate thread and general fellowship thread for general topics. It is probably where the confusion comes from. "General." Im surprised there isnt an insufficient privelege message for Christians starting threads in non christian sections. I know nothing about coding or anything, but prolly is what caused the confusion here.

Status
Not open for further replies.